stephens case

lee6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry...I believe in free speech but I think you are bang out of order here. Stephen is a law student, and he has basically put his whole future on the line defending a moral principle. I agree that there may be selfish people on this forum, but he is certainly not one of them.

However, ALL publicity is good for the campaign, and it will ensure that banks change their ways.

(BTW - that is a really really really sad user name...)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deleted

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ahhh!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Don't feed the trolls.

You are quite right - I normally don't rise to the bait, but this time I slipped up...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Stephen has made a great job bringing this issue to the attention of many more people and giving them the confidence to confront the banks.

He has also left the banks with rather hefty legal bills.

WELL DONE STEPHEN and THANKS

Just don't answer him .The posts will be sorted soon so you do not need to remove it , but thanks.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I have just realised that the troll was a stitch up. On a first post how was he/she/it able to determine the 'me me me' attitude of people here...

I would put money on the fact that the troll was a bank employee/cohort...trying to get some sort of response from members...I think that their account has now been deleted (thanks mods...best practice wins the day)

Mods take note - I am taking myself out of this thread, even though it got off to a good start.

Whilst we are not against people who have a different view to ours .I felt that a user was deliberatly trying to wind people up so his posts have been deleted .That will mean that a few of the above posts may seem out of place ( posts 51 - 61 ),Sorry.

Can we now please keep this thread relevant .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Quite right. Offensive posts will be deleted.

------------

------------

To add my two pence worth, (or my one pence cheque!), I feel that Stephen has given consumers hope against corporate theft that we just put up with because 'it's legal, check our T& C's...'

If it wasn't for the community that has come together on this site, I doubt there would be so many people challenging the 'status quo' on so called fair charges. I know I was looking into my own bank hell, but didn't realise there was actually anything legally I could do until I found a press release somewhere on Google about Stephen, which led me to this site...

Thank You to EVERYONE for helping each other:D

• Confused 1

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received

We just wanted to say well done to Stephen. Although he started his post with 'sorry' he had no need to feel that. There is nothing to be sorry about! We think he's a hero. All these years of fighting banks from a weak position has suddenly been turned around completely. Thank you very much everyone for giving us a chance too!

Oh and well done everyone who takes the first step - it takes some guts.

Thank you doesn't seem nearly enough, for the good that Stephen, by dint of his courage, and the other administrators and moderators of this group, for their knowledge, hard work and unselfishness, have engendered.

Speaking for myself, had it not been for the publicity created by Stephen's original victory in reclaiming charges, I would still have been living with the fearful guilt which the banks had been happy to heap on my shoulders over the years.

Caused by their avariciousness, uncaring attitude and enthusiasm for kicking the helpless when already down, I had been close on several occasions to total despair.

If I don't manage to reclaim a penny, I will always be grateful for the feeling of empowerment, the return of self-respect and the opportunity to tweak the tails of the pompous so and so's who have made my life miserable for years.

Thank you Stephen, though not (as I said to the Bank Manager) from the heart of my bottom!

Phil

Here, here!

We may have different attitudes but the effect is the same. I'm afraid I always attacked with anger and never allowed the bu**ers to reduce me to despair but at times I still found myself wide awake in the middle of the night just turning it all over. I remember well when I found this site. I resembled a classic cartoon character with my jaw on the floor. A liberating day indeed. It was a sort of form of anger management I suppose!

Good luck Phillip, you deserve the even break. Give em one for me (and probably every one else on the forum too).

ok I'm all for helping chairty and all for screwing over the bank who treads on me but is using a charity as a tool to cause a bank chaos really ethical/moral? :confused:

I'm not so sure i'd feel happy about giving a cheque for a penny to satisfy my own needs and personal satisfaction? please don't beat me! :p

• Confused 1

AMOUNT CLAIMING £479.03p

2nd May- Prelim letter sent

12th May - No Reply

18th May - LBA sent

24th May - Letter received telling me the situation is now "serious"

6th June - Arranged a payment plan of £30 per month AND filed my claim - 12 days remaining.

8th June - Offer made of £137.00p

15th June - Acknowledgment of service with intention of defending :O

21st June - complete refund offered and accepted

Thank you and Good Night!

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” -Elie Wiesel

I would like to thank Stephen very very much for his efforts in bringing the banks to court. You and the others on here have been an inspiration to me and many many others.

I'm in for the penny cheque (as long as I have enough cleared funds hee hee) well I can always try and claim the charges back.

moneysavingexpert.com (Martin Lewis) directed me to this site. Since then I have felt empowered, I have to try. The frustration at not being able to do anything was eating me up. Never feel sorry that you lost, you still opened the door for the rest of us.

Whats that saying now

IT IS BETTER TO HAVE
TRIED
AND LOST THAN TO HAVE NEVER
TRIED
AT ALL.

(or words to that effect)

When/If I win Amazon vouchers coming your way.

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks