Notice Requiring Information or Evidence

PTD_Survivor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first post so please bear with me.

I have had a letter from HRMC "Notice Requiring Information or Evidence" for the Tax Credits award 2012-2013 as a single person.

They have said they have credit checked and found that "there MAY be Mr *********" living at your address.

asking me to send bills etc....

Has anyone else had a letter of this type?

Quite worried having had a quick read, I think I have not informed them of a change, he was a boyfriend I had for 7 months although financially he gave me nothing. He paid for Sky/phoneand internet combination (because I never had it) but everything else is in my name.

Can anyone advise please

thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of writing to them and confirming he lived with me during that year, would this be the right thing to do?

Gas is a card and Electric is a key, Water is paid by my son and in his name. Tenancy is in my name as is Council Tax.

Hi PTD_Survivor, I too had a similar letter, in my case he was living with me in the spare room as our marriage had broken up but we couldn't afford to set up two separate houses. I posted on here and had loads of help, and also found that by looking through all the posts I was able to realize that I was not the only one in the same situation. The people on here that post replies all seem very knowledgeable and help you. For me I have sent off all information that I was asked for, and an explanation that yes he was here, yes we were and still will be financially linked until we can sell the house and have a clean break, if everything is in your name except the sky, and he didnt help you financially, tell them this. I am sure someone more experienced will be along and offer more advice, but try not to worry too much, as everyone on here says the HMRC just seem to want repayment if they deem you do something wrong...Its not easy not to worry and until I asked for help on this site I wasn't sleeping and worried all day long....my letter and evidence went to them yesterday and I now have the long wait to see if they accept my evidence or if I have to pay back what I claimed. There are lots of posts on here about this subject take a look....

Is he still living with you, or was he just there for a few months?...I think I would send the information they require and a covering letter stating how long he was living with you,but that he only paid for the sky, he wasnt supporting you financially, according to everything I have read on here the more honest with them that you are the better it is...good luck to you too....

• 3 weeks later...

They sent me 2 letters, first saying that they had completed there checks and that they will send a letter saying if there is an overpayment as they said they where stopped the tax credit from April last year. then had a letter saying I owed less than £400. I am no longer claiming tax credits. My advice is be honest, I said I had no financial assitance other than he paid for a Sky tv internet thing and that could check it all out.