Rooftop Mortgages buy-to-let mortgage - help!

zulu123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a buy to let mortgage with rooftop mortgages.

the rate is high above 7% on a variable libor rate , originally the term came to an end an i could not refinance an so i was stuck with rooftop.

We negotiated a increase in term length I got length increased they got a higher payment by moving part of the loan to repayment.

this is negative cashflow as rates shot up , i spoke to them on phone about moving it to interest only they told me

only if rent is at least 125% of the payment (it is not as rent is much less than the payment) can they consider it.

I asked them to put in writing an they sent me a detailed list of what they need which is full income expenditure _ details of all property assets including rents values , bank statements etc.

Every time the BOE increases rates this mortgage goes up inline within 3 months despite it being libor , 3-month libor follows general trend of rate rises.

My question is now with government saying "Struggling homeowners could switch to an interest-only deal for six months or extend their mortgage term and revert back within six months, the banks said. Neither option requires an affordability check or will affect their credit score."

the article im quoting from is here:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Rate is at highest level since last November, and average two-year fix is now 6.47%

Just wondered does this mean no help if its a buy to let mortgage? only homeowners?

What can i do to improve my situation any suggestion?

Edited by zulu123