Tax credit over payment & interview

Anxiety07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I receive tax credits, have done for years,

I live with my partner and our 2 kids, only one of my children are on the award as the other is 21, the one that is on the award, is 19 and in further education,

I did our renewal last month, and today I’ve just had a text from HMRC saying they have sent me a letter saying about a interview and if I can’t attend to call the number to rearrange,

I’ve not received the letter but I’m a mess, can someone please tell me what will be happen at the interview? 

thank you 

I think it's normally a phone call and I'd there's been an overpayment they can adjust your credits. I don't remember anyone being asked for a repayment. 

If you can get more information from the number you have I think it would help you. You could ask them if it's under caution or not and if it's in person. 

Please try that and then come back for more advice. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yup, they will just ask questions, give them the honest answer and they will adjust your Tax Credits accordingly if you have been paid too much. Just from what you are saying, the chances of it being 'under caution' are miniscule.  They might just want to see proof your child is in further education, as an example.  Come back to us when you have more info, but I can assure you nothing bad will happen.  Speaking from experience.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you. 
Im reading other posts of interviews, has anyone on here had an interview in person, I’ve read only telephone interviews which is making me panic  if I do have to attend. 
I’m in a right mess. 

Hi 

yes I’m reading the other threads, all seem to be phone call interviews, the text says “ if you cannot attend” that is what make me think it’s in person, maybe that is how they word a telephone interview text if you need to rearrange. 

Thank you 

it's by phone always.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They don't do these in person, always a phone call.

And just because you have been asked to attend an interview, does not mean that there is anything wrong with the claim.  They select a percentage on a random basis for these interviews.

Just make sure you have your phone switched on and available to take the call.  When they call, the number displayed could be an 0800 number, so don't automatically think this is a sales call and ignore it.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I had this many years ago, it was a random check on Child care tax credits. We were told to send in evidence of what we had been paying for child care. It was a simple matter of our local afterschool club printing off a statement.

• 1 month later...

Hello 

I received my tax credit 22/23 final award today  and we owe just over £5000,

I phone to  ask if we can pay it back monthly via  direct debit, but when  I phoned they asked for a reference number that is on the letter but I haven’t got it,  it’s only an award letter and not a notice to pay…

I was told i need to wait until we receive the letter with the reference number before they can set up a payment plan..

is this right?

Do  we have to wait for  another letter stating the amount owed , I wanted it set up as soon as possible 

Thank you 

• dx100uk changed the title to Tax credit over payment & interview

old and new thread merged.

put the money aside for now.

await the letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...