Compliance interview with HMRC

Stressingalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I received a letter from HMRC stating they need to have a telephone interview with me regarding to someone being linked to my address.

The name they stipulated is my partner. 

I moved in to my address in 2019, i had always been in receipt of tax credit due to having given birth years before and being a lone parent. I fell pregnant in 2020 and gave birth the same year. My partner moved in a few months after me giving birth (we were on and off for a while) but decided to really give things a go. 

I updated all relevant bodies including tax credit, I was told there had been an overpayment which I went on a payment plan for. This is all still 2021, and I was no longer receiving tax credit. I believe also in 2021 I updated the claim that I had given birth to a second child. 

moving on to April 2022

I started receiving roughly £20 a week which shocked me but I thought this may have been due to my partner submitting his tax return (he is self employed) and as it was not a lot of money I thought nothing of it.  

Following on to December 2022

I added my 2nd child’s nursery fees and also started receiving childcare maintenance. I that point didn't realise that my partners name was no longer on the award and I should have amended this. 

i did at no point remove it or intentionally remove it, I do not remember what the pack said in April 2022 as I was going through a miscarriage which meant I wasn’t doing well mentally (I was also off work for 2 months due to this - paid)

that whole era is a bit of a blur however back to December 2022 I was pregnant again and I was so stressed when I saw his name wasn’t on the award I didn’t want to make any changes as that point eventually it kept being something I did not do and didn’t prioritise much to my own stupidity. 

the letter is asking for dates between April 2022 to July 2022. 

i am so stressed at the possibility of what may happen.

I honestly never intentionally removed his name - and I’m terrified they will not believe me!

I also know it was my own fault for not saying when i noticed what had happened.

has this happened to anyone ?

what can I expect ?

as you'll see there are lots and lots of like threads here to read, i recommend you do so.

its no big deal, they aren't after putting you in prison or anything nasty, the very very worst is they might want you to pay back £xxx sum you might not have been entitled too over xxx period by small deductions from what you get now.

simply be honest with them. thats all you need to do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...