PC only works in safe mode

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope tried all that, only way can open it is by banging on the side of the tower! lol hardly ever use the CD bit

tried looking on Google for a windows disc but no luck or they want a fortune for one and you need a licence key? might be easier just to use it in safe mode1 although it is a pain

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I think you have some form of malware, caused when you opened the zip attachment to the email you mentioned. Some of the AV programs are pretty useless and I think you will need to download another tool to see whether it works or not.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks Uncle

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

is there a good, pref free malware, I have spybot and that has found nothing

Edited by snowdragon

is there a good, pref free malware, I have spybot and that has found nothing

The one that many recommend (according to PC Mag) for entrenched malware is Malwarebytes anti-malware. There is a free version.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

many thanks Uncle

and also the usb flash drive options (if no cd access) mentioned/exampled prior #34. have you tried any of these yet? you need to run an antivirus/rescue from boot.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

your PC is STUCK in safemode. One of the many wonderfl features of Windows.

What you need to try is:

1) Turn it off

2) Get a mad (kidding) go to 3

3) Start it up again and hold down F8, this brings up a menu

4) CHoose NORMAL startup

5) When its booted, click shutdown and leave it to shutdown naturally

7) start it up again and dont press anything and it should boot normally

8) then buy a mac (kidding)

*edit* jsut thought, this was a genuint answer as opposed to a mac jest post... But try that and see if it kicks in.

IF NOT then I've got another solution which is horridly technical (no mac's involved) that will defo sort it :)

ok, had comp fixed, thanks all

Edited by snowdragon

Change the resolution perhaps?

Rightclick on an empty space on the desktop. Click on 'change resolution or properties' depending on which version of Windows you have.

then move the slider up a notch and press OK (not apply)

Repeat bumping the slider until you get to the size you want THEN press Apply :)

cost me £60 that really could not afford, was a bit miffed the comp person did not fix the cd draw, he said there were a lot of virus things in it, we shall see

from what I gather he has removed all viruses and made sure it was ok, tbh not too happy but as I live in a village in the countryside had not much choice, We use the compy for charity work and he only had it a day

£60? Geez, I bet all he did was a windows repair install :-/

In regards to the CD drive, if it ejects when you eject via the 'rickclick on the drive icon' but not via the button, it's highly likely that the 'face' of the CD drive isn't seated correctly. I'd personally whip it wou, unclip the face and reclip it on again.

adridude, it does not work either way, it will only open if you bang the tower!