Gurdip Virdi - DO NOT BUY CARS FROM HIM DODGY- barbercarsales barbercarsales.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I checked my MOT on here and it said it was real - does that mean my car IS safe? Did yours have a fake MOT Russ?

Any MOT qualified tester can give a car an MOT. Whether the car is actually roadworthy or not is a completely different matter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi All

Newbie here.

Just wanted to tell you. My hubby did a deal with "Dave" last week over the phone for a straight swap. Hubby just called me to tell me that he has a day off tomorrow so for me to call Dave and say we would be up to see him. I googled Barbar cars for the phone number and up popped you guys!!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you for preventing us making what could have been a very expensive mistake.

I'm so sorry for all of you who have not had such a lucky escape and I hope between you that you nail this guy and he is stopped from trading forever.

Thanks again and best of luck to all of you

Ok if we cannot PM each other then we cannot at this time. that's no problem :) thanks for pointing out the CAG. im somewhat new this this type of thing..

lagerloutess im so happy that you saw this post.. keep your car and keep away from barbarcars as it may save your life!!. did you call " dave " up and explain that this website was the reason you backed out from the sale?.

russflyin

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased a vehicle off this guy on Nov 5th,

all lovely & nice until his driver crashed it during delivery rendering the vehicle unroadworthy, unsafe and irreparable,

his reply was 'It's your car, you've paid for it, it's your bleep problem'

I informed this guy that the vehicle was unacceptable and he call me a bleep and also said I was a 'cheeky bleep' for not accepting it.

Having spent nearly £1500 with this guy

I can say I was pretty bleep.

He has now stopped taking call,

answering texts or emails and

I have sent notification of legal action to recover the funds as the vehicle has been deemed a financial write off

- with an estimated cost of just about £2000 to make the vehicle roadworthy.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER

- I HAVE INFORMED BOTH COVENTRY TRADING STANDARDS

AND MY REGIMENT OF HIS DEALINGS,

ALL OF WHICH ARE BASED AROUND COVENTRY AND BIRMINGHAM.

Hi ryker. If what you say is true, then you need to issue legal proceedings against him for recompense. Dont start dilly dallying around as he's already shown what a lowlife he is.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I would be interested to know how this has panned out please?

I own a garage, we recently had a ford focus brought in by a customer! She'd just bought it from Barber cars, Coventry, well as requested we checked it over, missing radio and screws in dash, some wiring in dash say it'd been a taxi at some time, the car has several dents and scratches none serious, however it did come with a full MOT, the near side balljoint was listed as an advisory despite being so worn we considered it dangerous, the offside front wheel bearing had substantial play in it, front pads and discs were deeply rutted and on one surface only 7mm of contact, rear wiper blade was not clearing the screen. And an empty washer bottle, rear offside tyre had a slow puncture and there are obvious tracking issues. Anyway, needless to say our lady customer is on the war path, not for herself as we've rectified her car problems but she's concerned for other peoples safety.

I contacted the car dealer at Longford park to be told it was no longer anything to do with Mr Barber (Gurdip Virdi) he'd sold the business and it is now Cov carz, Within a few days of purchase of the focus? How odd, well maybe not as this guy seems to have more names than anyone else on the planet, so it seems Cov carz is the same place, same address, same stock, same deals, same everything except the name and the operators name, oh and a different mobile number. Now that may be ligit but it certainly smells fishy to me, Buyer beware.

I am devasted to be reading this thread unfortunately looks like my 63yr old mum has fell victim to this company :(

my mum has recemtly semi retired and drove a freelander but on her little wages and pension is was getting expensive to run so wanted to down grade to something cheaper to run insure tax etc, so a friend told us about this garage where they may do a straight swap etc we had a look on ebay under the name 'Covcars' to find dave barber selling some nice cars my mum liked a Seat iboza they had on there so my hubby and I went along to have a look and he test drove it but it had very little fuel so couldnt go to far but it seemed ok so we took my mum to view it and she really liked it still very little fuel mum had a quick go in and said yes i like it it ticks all the right boxes so she did a deal of a straight sawp for her freelander, the clutch was slipping on the Seat so Mr Barber gave her £250 cash to have the clutch repaired. Mum was happy for this to go ahead, when signing paper work they had now idea in the office and had 2 V5's for the car also paper work stapled together but wasnt the right car they just laughed it of.

We left with the Seat and little emotional for my mum as she loved her freelander. We went straight to the petrol station to fill up by ths tme the car had started to smoke a little we thought it was because of no fuel and probably how many times it had been driven like that so we did a complete service on the car new filters and oil change etc changed the spark plugs and the coil packs this didnt make any difference to the smoking we then changed the map sensor by this time the car was getting worse mum was having trouble starting it if you drove the car over a 10 mile distance the oil light would come on screaming at you when looking on the dipstick there was NO oil in it mum was having to put 3 ltrs of oil in it a week (only had car 6wks).

My mum was getting very distressed about using the car as she needed it for work so my husband and his friend did a compression test to find out there is crank pressure. I spoke wth mum and said that we should report this to trading standards up on looking what to do i found this thread. Also we are still waitinfg for the V5.

I have written a letter to Mr Barber confirming the faults with the car and i have gven him 4 options to put things right i have also contacted covetry trading standards and awaiting a call back from them.

Like many of the others on this thread i wish we had seen all this first before all my mums heartache :(

• 2 weeks later...

You guys really need to get trading standards informed. The more people that complain, the more likely they will be to investigate.

• 4 weeks later...

gurdip virdi and martin pittaway are currently trading as midland elite cars then some adverts on same ebay user id state coventry cars and ebay user id is covcarz

gurdip virdi is a complete coward he never comes face to face when dealing always gets his joeys to do his dirty work

• 3 weeks later...
gurdip virdi and martin pittaway are currently trading as midland elite cars then some adverts on same ebay user id state coventry cars and ebay user id is covcarz

gurdip virdi is a complete coward he never comes face to face when dealing always gets his joeys to do his dirty work

David Barber, Longford cars, Barber car sales, CovCarz, whatever.

They seem to be trading as Coventree cars now. Same location opposite the park on the Longford Road Coventry. Same cars listed on their new website, coventreecars.co.uk as on their ebay account covcarz. Same business model, i.e. offer to SWAP/PX anything for anything with cash either way.

• 1 month later...

Googling Barber Cars found this thread.

My 19 year old son has been working two jobs to save up for a car,

and saw a classified ad on ebay from 'covcarz' for a car which seemed ideal and within his budget.

He went to see it, put a deposit down on it and picked it up the following week.

Within eight hours, it had broken down and wouldn't even start.

My son joined the AA there and then to get somebody out to look at the car.

An independent garage listed all the faults and told my son it's not worth repairing

as there's so much wrong with it.

The car's been towed to my house and is now on my drive, not being used.

That was last week.

Since then, my son's been phoning the people working at Barber Cars

to try to get a refund on the car without success, he's just getting fobbed off.

Although he thought he was buying from Midlands Elite Cars,

the receipt for the deposit states Barber Cars.

My son has got Trading Standards involved and he's in the process of writing an LBA

to reject the car and get a full refund.

good luck

keep us informed

how did he pay?

can you not involve the bank/card company too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply.

He paid on a visa debit card, is his bank likely to entertain a chargeback? I'll get him to ring his bank as soon as he can.

ETA The car is sitting on my drive. If he gets his money back, obviously we need to get the car back to Mr Virdi, Mr Pittaway and the elusive "Mr Barber".

I don't really want either of the first two coming to my house (and I'm not sure the third person exists).

Do I get the car back to Coventry now, or only after my son gets his money back?

think it might be outside the monetary limits

but no harm in asking.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do I get the car back to Coventry now, or only after my son gets his money back?

How much was the car? I hope you can get your money back but I would think it is quite unlikely given the history of the company in question.

How much was the car? I hope you can get your money back but I would think it is quite unlikely given the history of the company in question.

Thank for the reply. £1150 - a £200 deposit and then £950 a few days later, both paid on my son's visa debit card.

• 1 month later...

Just to keep you all informed of this, my son has issued a claim via moneyclaimonline. As of today's date, no defence has been received.

We still don't have the V5C or the tax disc that Mr Pittaway promised he would organise - the car was advertised with tax but it had expired two months before my son bought the car, and Mr Pittaway said he would put six months tax on it.

My son has sent the form to apply for the V5C in his name and declared the car SORN to the DVLA.

• 4 weeks later...

Coventree Cars...??

.And so it continues.

Assured that car was a clean and reliable motor.

Arrived and wouldn't have put my children in the car.

Car was filthy, pouring black smoke and wouldn't even start initially.

My car, offered as a trade was in considerably better condition.

Deposit of £200 needless to say not refunded,

phone not answered and a veil of intimidation around 'what are you going to do about it'.

Hadn't seen these posts before foolishly trusting this individual.

No fool like an old fool.

Dave Barber and his mate Paul...

My son has applied for judgement by default this morning, as no defence or communication was received. I don't think Virdi and Pittaway have much in the way of assets, so enforcing the judgement may be throwing good money after bad, but I'll keep you updated.

Theyll simply change the company ID and claim theyre a new company. You NEED to serve the claim on the owner personally and not the business.