Iraq, 10 years on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/20/us-drops-weapons-to-kurds-in-syria

Can't they parachute in weapons for the Kurdish fighters?

The four-week assault has increasingly been seen as a key test of U.S. President Barack Obama's air strike strategy, and Kurdish leaders have repeatedly said the beleaguered town cannot survive without arms and ammunition reaching the defenders, something neighboring Turkey has so far refused to allow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/16/airstrikes-kobani-isis_n_5994866.html

Turkey is an Islamic state itself which is why it's been refused entry into the EU.

Seems they are just sitting there like a football crowd watching the show.

Scared stiff that's its own brand of fanatics will start a civil war of their own I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Turkey not happy, ammo drops, attacks in Canada.

The Terrorist are in every part of Europe and North America/Canada as well as Asia and Africa service personnel are at risk everywhere and so are civil police officers.

As the status is classed " a clear and present threat"!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

getting worse! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29785322

imagine them flying around carrying who knows what to dropped wherever, spying, etc!

uk afghan withdrawal. 453 personnel dead (2,349 US). bbc

will afghan end up like iraq, libya, syria, etc

IMO

:-):rant:

I have to admit I saw his side when he said 'well the west isn't, so why should we?'

I agree Coniff he made a good point.

What is " behind" the scenes may well be somewhat different from that we see on news media.

I have to admit I saw his side when he said 'well the west isn't, so why should we?'

'Turkey's prime minister reiterated that it would only agree to send in its own troops into Syria once others, including the US and European countries, were ready to put their own boots on the ground - which they have repeatedly made clear they are not prepared to do.' bbc

IMO

• 4 months later...
The Terrorist are in every part of Europe and North America/Canada as well as Asia and Africa ........status is classed " a clear and present threat"!

'boko' now joining the others. atrocious acts by them! nigeria now asks for help.

IMO

• 6 months later...

no 'syria' thread, so posting here. seems all related :)

reports that russia says has now got involved in airstrikes against that group. the US saying their targets are wide, what are their real intentions..

IMO

I do not particularly like Putin on his domestic politics

But he is one president the west cannot invade or push around. At least he is keeping thngs in check at the moment

The west doesn't want to push him around or invade, they want to live in piece but this egotistical weed want's something else.

Well he has stopped the west invading Syria. That has been the agenda all along

I am no consipracy theorist but after Syria no doubt Iran will be the next target on the agenda

Not forgetting Putin is a democratically elected leader, to call him a dictator is an insult to that democratic process