Health and Safety Laws Re Accident Book

angeldelight2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone help me with this, my daughter had an accident in a major department store. Staff where told, and acknowledged by the physical evdience of that happened.

I was in shock and had a very very upset child, when i have spoke with various people re the accident i was told due to Health and Safety law this should have been recorded.

I contacted the said store, and got a responce that i refused medical care thus this means it would not go in the book.

A- I never refused medical care B- I have been told even though we never had medical care their that its their responsibility and they had to record the accident for their own legalalities to cover themselves from being sued.

Can someone please confirm what ACT it is in law that they have to follow on recording this

its called the management of health and safety at work regulations 1999

before anybody tells you that is just for employees

the regulations not only cover staff, but also contractors, members of the public etc that are allowed into a commercial business area

the business has an obligation to look after every bodies health and safety while in a working enviroment

any accident on a commercial premises has to be recorded if requested by the injured party. if it is not a member of staff that has been injured but a member of the public, the accident needs to be reported in the daily log as an event that occured for what measures were done to rectify the accident at the time, and for future reference so a route cause analysis can be investigated and procedures put in place to minimise a recurrence of the accident

Hi angel

reference the accident book:

Employers and employees can use this book to record details of work-related injuries for which state benefits could be payable.

The accident book is also a valuable document that organisations can use to record accident information as part of their management of health and safety. It can be used to record details of injuries from accidents at work that employers must report under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).

Please note that the law changed on 6 April 2012. If a worker sustains an occupational injury resulting from an accident, their injury should be reported if they are incapacitated for more than seven days. There is no longer a requirement to report occupational injuries that result in more than three days of incapacitation, but you must still keep a record of such injuries.

These PDFs from Health and Safety Executive website may be of help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group