Halifax/fraud/inheritance money/internal investigation!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time to get the fos involved. Halifax knows this has gone on too far and they wont back down now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, letter from halifax saying they believe I did apply for the brokers to find a loan and will be reversing the refund.

The brokers have lied in their reply saying I have not asked them for a refund or told them I did not apply. That's funny because I have over 100 emails to them saying just that!! I had one back off them on the 2nd jan saying I would be refunded "in seven days" and goes what they havnt!!!

Fuming:

To: "Shaw, Lucy (Customer Services)"

In have received your letter today stated from orchard loans that at no point have i told them I do not want the loan nor cancel it. They are liars. I have emailed them over 100 times stating so. I will forward the emails.

Yours disgruntled

As detailed in my final response letter if you are unhappy with the decision made by the bank you would be required to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service

Regards

Lucy

Lucy Shaw| Case Handler | Customer Services | Group Operations | Direct Dial 01422 868 682/I.D. 1581668| Line Manager - Laura Higgins

I think you'll find the letter received today states to send you evidence to the contrary of what orchard loans have said....which I have just done....

Sent from my iPhone

To challenge this as a refund not received we would require proof the company agreed to a refund including the amount and your debit card number/last four digits. If you can send me this I will forward the information to our Disputes Deaprtment for review.

Lucy

Lucy Shaw| Case Handler | Customer Services | Group Operations | Direct Dial 01422 868 682/I.D. 1581668| Line

The amount has already been reversed. Your letter says you want to reverse the reversal unless I provide evidence, which again I have just done.

£69.95

My letter states

'Although the correct process has been followed by the bank as you have advised you did not authorise the payments, I have arranged for a refund of £69.95 to be credited to your account within the next few days. Please note that if MWC-Loans provide evidence that the transaction was genuine, your account will be re-debited by the bank'

We have issued you a refund and £69.95 was credited to your account on the 3rd January 2014.

Lucy

Lucy Shaw| Case Handler | Customer Services | Group Operations | Direct Dial 01422 868 682/I.D. 1581668| Line

I know you have.

As stated,

I received a letter today

Saying you are going to reverse the reversal

As you believe I did apply

Which I didn't

I have just shown you proof they did not issue a refund

I have just shown you proof that contradicts what has been said in your letter below

Lucy.Shaw@lloydsbanking.com> wrote:

The letter you received was not sent from me therefore I was unaware of this.

You would be require to contact our Disputes Department on 0845 600 9180 to discuss the re-debit further. They will also advise you what proof you need and where you need to send it.

Regards

Lucy

I am not calling an 0845 number at further cost to myself.

I have provided you with the proof.

I will forward onto your ceo..

wrote:

Lucy

Lucy Shaw| Case Handler | Customer Services | Group Operations | Direct Dial 01422 868 682/I.D. 1581668| Line Manager - Laura Higg

A blank email with just your name is very helpful...

wrote:

I deal with complaints and your complaint points have been addressed in the letter dated 3rd January 2014. The ongoing Dispute needs to be dealt with by the relevent business area.

I have spoken to our Disputes Deaprtment and you will be required to send the proof to

Debit Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

or call the nuber provided.

Lucy

Clearly this is a FURTHER complaint. You appear to lose your cool easily...

I will not deal with you further

Subject: RE: They did not issue this refund!!

You have advised me that you have been asked to send in proof that a refund was promised.

I have provided you with the relevant details of where to send the proof.

If you are unhappy with the response I have previously provided then your next steps are to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Please note any further correspondence you send to me will be added to your file however may not be responded to.

Regards

Looking at the evidence the brokers have sent halifax.

They have sent there terms and conditions and the application form but it is blank,

no where does it show I have agreed to them.

It also shows they tried to take the money 17 times AFTER they took the initial money

and I told them not to take it,

it's also after i told halifax to block them yet they still let them take it!!

This is now such a complicated issue which hasn't been documented clearly throughout this thread.

Hacked_Off

can you please just be honest now and directly answer these questions.

Did you give your card to anybody else?

Did you or anybody else give/enter your card details onto a loan website?

It would be pretty hard for somebody to just guess the details.

And if your card was used,

then it doesn't necessarily mean you can't get some of the money back.

It seems to me that the company have said they will refund you

but obviously can only refund when there is something to refund.

As Halifax reclaimed the payment you would think that this would be closed.

I guess that both companies have procedures to follow.

The company have said to Halifax it was a legit payment so has to be paid but they can not repay you yet.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Since when doe sit take 30 days to refund someone? Most businesses do it within 3-5 at most. They probably want the monthly interest off it and then hope you forget about it.

Hacked_Off. i f i were you now, i would take a few days or a week or two, get my head straight and go through all the paperwork with a fine toothed comb. get it all into some kind of logical order and link each missive together, then get a FULL complaint into the CEO ( i know you ve done multiple complaints).

Tell the CEO that he now has 28 days to refund you in full and possible comp for the harassment.aggrevation his company has caused you, along with a direct and formal apology for flouting regulation regarding the cancelled transactions. Should he not respond favourably, you will have no other choice but to pursue it through small claims court.

Now, he'll probably think.. yea yea SCC blah blah. This is because thousands of people threaten legal action and never follow it up. But as soon as the claim forms land on his desk, he'll soon sit up and take notice. Of course, he will employ good lawyers, but if you took the time to get all your paperwork sorted and can prove 100% that they broke regulation by allowing cancelled payments, which still continue, then he wont have a leg to stand on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is now such a complicated issue which hasn't been documented clearly throughout this thread.

Hacked_Off

can you please just be honest now and directly answer these questions.

Did you give your card to anybody else?

Did you or anybody else give/enter your card details onto a loan website?

It would be pretty hard for somebody to just guess the details.

And if your card was used,

then it doesn't necessarily mean you can't get some of the money back.

Yes, I lied and then came online to ask for advise about a lie. Because that makes sense...

Since when doe sit take 30 days to refund someone? Most businesses do it within 3-5 at most. They probably want the monthly interest off it and then hope you forget about it.

Hacked_Off. i f i were you now, i would take a few days or a week or two, get my head straight and go through all the paperwork with a fine toothed comb. get it all into some kind of logical order and link each missive together, then get a FULL complaint into the CEO ( i know you ve done multiple complaints).

Tell the CEO that he now has 28 days to refund you in full and possible comp for the harassment.aggrevation his company has caused you, along with a direct and formal apology for flouting regulation regarding the cancelled transactions. Should he not respond favourably, you will have no other choice but to pursue it through small claims court.

Now, he'll probably think.. yea yea SCC blah blah. This is because thousands of people threaten legal action and never follow it up. But as soon as the claim forms land on his desk, he'll soon sit up and take notice. Of course, he will employ good lawyers, but if you took the time to get all your paperwork sorted and can prove 100% that they broke regulation by allowing cancelled payments, which still continue, then he wont have a leg to stand on.

My thoughts exactly they are ripping people off and hoping they'll forget, get interest. Just so a google search on money warehouse and I am not alone!!

I have had all my money back, as of tomorrow my halifax account is closed.

I'm am not taking this lightly.

Yes, I lied and then came online to ask for advise about a lie. Because that makes sense...

Nobody is accusing you of lying - I'm inviting you to answer my questions truthfully.

I'm basically asking whether you have any idea how your card details were used as this affects who maybe liable for the transactions.

Nobody is accusing you of lying - I'm inviting you to answer my questions truthfully.

I'm basically asking whether you have any idea how your card details were used as this affects who maybe liable for the transactions.

Inviting me to "answer truthfully" implies I have answered untruthfully aka lied.

I'm ignoring you now, goodbye.

Inviting me to "answer truthfully" implies I have answered untruthfully aka lied.

I'm ignoring you now, goodbye.

You made that assumption not me. It's possible that you have omitted certain details.

On the first page of this thread you said that you think somebody is taking out loans in your name. Then you say that you checked your email and found out that they are loan broker fees.

Why would somebody first of all take out loans in your name, get a hold of and use your card details and to top it off use your email address and have the details sent there? It doesn't make sense.

It seems to me that understandably you have attacked front both sides and made the situation worse.

However it is confusing when you say they were unauthorized payments and you suspect a 3rd party but at the same time take on the broker with a different story.

Easy to get caught up in the moment i know but ,

It seems to me that understandably you have attacked front both sides and made the situation worse.

However it is confusing when you say they were unauthorized payments and you suspect a 3rd party but at the same time take on the broker with a different story.

Easy to get caught up in the moment i know but ,

I attacked from both sides because the bank did nothing.....

I didn't give the broker a different story, I am interested as to which different story you say I have given? They were given a crime reference number and told I did not authorise the payments..simple as that

Edited by Hacked_Off

Look at it from a readers point of view. You say that you have never had dealings with any of these companies. Then you say they have your card details and email address. If i had hacked your account and got your bank details i would have set up a fake email. I am not disbelueving you,just saying that you have not included all the details on the thread and i do find it very hard to believe that the bank refused to cancel your card when you told them it had been compromised. By the way whoever used your card will have had to know your address and the security code on the back of your card.

If those details were given i can understand why the bank accepted the brokers version.

On the balance if probabilities you have used the card.

Look at it from a readers point of view. You say that you have never had dealings with any of these companies. Then you say they have your card details and email address. If i had hacked your account and got your bank details i would have set up a fake email. I am not disbelueving you,just saying that you have not included all the details on the thread and i do find it very hard to believe that the bank refused to cancel your card when you told them it had been compromised. By the way whoever used your card will have had to know your address and the security code on the back of your card.

If those details were given i can understand why the bank accepted the brokers version.

On the balance if probabilities you have used the card.

Sadly I am not a [EDIT] so I cannot ascertain as to why another email was not set up. Perhaps I can find this person and ask!

I never asked the bank to cancel my card. At no point have I said I asked them to that. I asked them to put a block on this company to which they said they couldn't. They then allowed a further 17 attempts to take money and were finally successful, AFTER me telling halifax to block the company. Would you like a transcript of the call?

I spoke to the fraud team they did nothing

I spoke in branch twice they did nothing

I spoke to several managers/supervisors on the phone and they did nothing

I spoke to several phone monkeys they did nothing

The brokers have provided a copy of their terms and conditions and an application form which is BLANK.

Halifax put it in writing that chargeback scheme does not apply to them. Then applied a chargback. I have several letters from halifax that confirm all I have said that I have not posted up.

I will leave it there. I have better things to do than be labelled a liar.

• dx100uk changed the title to Halifax What's going on with Halifax????