Halifax/fraud/inheritance money/internal investigation!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

This morning I've checked my bank to find my balance is 0.

Which was wrong because I checked it last night and money was there.

I've transferred £50 from my savings account and it's eaten some up leaving £43.81. So I must have been overdrawn.

I've been into the bank to get whatever it is reversed.

I only have one direct debit and that has already left.

The account was showing five payments yesterday, two of them I know what they are. The other three was 39.87, 12p and £1.

They refused to reverse them staying " we can't until the payments leave"

I quoted the FCA stuff at her but she just kept saying the same thing.

I just upped and left.

She's wrong right?

Yep. Completely wrong. The problem is that you dealt with a front desk rep who has no idea what theyre talking about. Remember, almost all bank staff are not fully trained in everything. Thats why you need to speak to the bank manager and refuse to leave until its sorted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You should deliver a letter to the desk. Put everything in writing. Respond to everything in writing. Keep a clear papertrail

Get in touch with actionfraud. Get a crime number and the bank has to comply.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You need to speak to a senior manager. The reps will just play pass the parcel as they are only allowed customers on the line for a set time.

she IS a senior manager

Tell her to phone their compliance department for confirmation on the charge back requirements, I've done this with Natwest and it's been successful.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Time for a full complaint to their ceo. Follow it up with an lba or full complaints to the regulators.

Halifax, santander and lloyds are the worst 3 in the country. They even beat barclays!

Had this from Halifax, not impressed!!

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I am concerned to hear about what's happened. We always welcome customer comments as it helps us to put things right for you.

My understanding of your complaint is:

Your account is earmarked with debit payments and you want to know who they are to

you do not recognise the earmarked payments and request to cancel these

Having looked into your concerns I understand you have three payments that are pending to debit your account. These are is (her grammar not mine) £1.00 to MWC loan, 12p to Active Security, and also £39.87 to MWSF. I am unable to stop these payments from being debited from your account. We can cancel the earmarked payments from being debited once we have received a fax from the companies in question stating that they no longer have an interest in these. The fax needs to be from the company on their letter headed paper.

Whilst we are unable to stop these payment debiting your account, you can get in touch with companies directly. They will be able to give you further information on the earmarked payments. After speaking to these companies, if they confirm the transactions as fraudulent then please call our fraud team. If these transaction are genuine and you wish to stop future payments to these companies then you can call our debit card disputes team and advise them which companies you wish to stop payments to in future.

blah blah blah

I hope I've explained why I believe we haven't made a mistake. I appreciate the trouble you have taken to get in touch with us. I'm pleased I've been able to resolve (really?) your complaint satisfactorily by explaining what has happened and I hope I have restored your faith in us. (er no)

blah blah blah

she's COMPLETLY wrong right? Her letter reeks of unprofessional, spelling mistakes, random capital letters etc.