Halifax/fraud/inheritance money/internal investigation!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So i paid money in to pay a bill on monday. ipaid in 6o ( i had no tens) then paid the bill for 50 and took out 10. when i did it the machine said "unable t provide receipt" which was helpful. I have today recieved a letter saying there was not enough money in the account to pay the bill when there was. They are now charging me 35 which will come out of my benefits. i have no other source of income. what can i do?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, zararh.

When you say, paid the bill, how did you pay it, was it a Direct Debit due to come out of your account on Monday.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

suggest you go down to your branch and politely remonstrate with them over thier banking procedure and controls. I would assume that thier system has probably caught up and now shows the transactions and the sequence that these transactions were recorded by thier system. then and only then ask for your money back. slowly slowly catchie monkey. if they do not play fair then claim back exorbitant charges for as far back as you can go minimium of 6 years

good luck

djc

ive already claimed back all my charges. I dont have direct debits on the account because they always usd to make mistakes then charge me for the pleasure. i now have 1 standing order on the account. what i normally do is pay cash in, which goes in straight away. check my balance then pay the bill via the tills.

ive already claimed back all my charges. I dont have direct debits on the account because they always usd to make mistakes then charge me for the pleasure. i now have 1 standing order on the account. what i normally do is pay cash in, which goes in straight away. check my balance then pay the bill via the tills.

OK. then when did the standing Order go out?

Was it on the Monday?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

So i paid money in to pay a bill on monday. ipaid in 6o ( i had no tens) then paid the bill for 50 and took out 10. when i did it the machine said "unable t provide receipt" which was helpful. I have today recieved a letter saying there was not enough money in the account to pay the bill when there was. They are now charging me 35 which will come out of my benefits. i have no other source of income. what can i do?

To clarify, you paid in via the ATM or you paid over the counter?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yep i checked the balance before paying theill and it was there. there saying i tried to pay out 60 when it wasnt. i paid IN 60 and tried to pay 50. they have also suspended my internet access fr no reason so i still cant pay the bill. they have charged me 65 btw.

zararh

reading the responses that you have received i am in little doubt that an eye ball to eye ball may well accomplish some comfort and satisfaction of your circumstances.

you are quite entitled to see evidence of your account transactions which will clearly demonstrate the sequence of transactions you will then be in a position to argue you case from facts and hopefully secure some redress

djc

zararh

reading the responses that you have received i am in little doubt that an eye ball to eye ball may well accomplish some comfort and satisfaction of your circumstances.

you are quite entitled to see evidence of your account transactions which will clearly demonstrate the sequence of transactions you will then be in a position to argue you case from facts and hopefully secure some redress

djc

I gotta agree with djc, because if the amount it says that was paid in was £50.00 then clearly that isn't correct so it's worth doing this on Monday morning to try and clarify what has actually happened cos that does seem a bit odd.

wll i managed to have a look online yesterday and its there that i did pay in 60. but theyve bounced a 50 payment. they also refused to let me add my card to pay pal which seems odd cos it not like im asking for credit O_0 i might just open another bank account to pay my benefits into.

wll i managed to have a look online yesterday and its there that i did pay in 60. but theyve bounced a 50 payment. they also refused to let me add my card to pay pal which seems odd cos it not like im asking for credit O_0 i might just open another bank account to pay my benefits into.

Hang on, I thought you said you didn't have a payments going out on the Monday? Or was that the Standing Order?

zararh

opening a new account makes a lot of sense it always pays to have more than one option particully if your savings/credit card/ or loan are with the same bank.

if you have on line access to your account then you will be able to establish how the halifax inputted your transactions.

check and let us know how it recorded

djc

YES is a standing order. every month i go in pay the money in, then tranfer it via the standing order.

So the standing order was going out on the day you paid money into the account, right?

Now it makes sense as to how it happened.

zararh

opening a new account makes a lot of sense it always pays to have more than one option particully if your savings/credit card/ or loan are with the same bank.

if you have on line access to your account then you will be able to establish how the halifax inputted your transactions.

check and let us know how it recorded

djc

ive tried to have a look today but for some unknown reason theyve suspended my access:confused::mad:

i had a look yesterday and its defo there that i paid in 60

So the standing order was going out on the day you paid money into the account, right?

Now it makes sense as to how it happened.

yep, i paid the money in, then checkedthe balance, it was there, then paid the standing order. ive been doing this for months and its NEVER been a problem.

yep, i paid the money in, then checkedthe balance, it was there, then paid the standing order. ive been doing this for months and its NEVER been a problem.

In that case then ask Abbey the question as to why it was this time.

abbey? er its halifax. i dont really wanna go in tbh they always fobb me off and then i get a nark on!!!! lol!! i had murder with em a few weeks ago they tried to charge me for a direct debit that doesnt exist!! its like there determand to charge me. Ive not had ne charges with the fault being mine since i had all my charges refunded since then they keep making mistakes grrrr

abbey? er its halifax. i dont really wanna go in tbh they always fobb me off and then i get a nark on!!!! lol!! i had murder with em a few weeks ago they tried to charge me for a direct debit that doesnt exist!! its like there determand to charge me. Ive not had ne charges with the fault being mine since i had all my charges refunded since then they keep making mistakes grrrr

This is one of those rare moments when my face is as red as a beetroot. I previously had been answering someone about Abbey so had that in my mind when answering your post. I feel specsavers may be getting my business on Monday morning.

how does this sound:

Dear Sir/Madam

Please reply to each of these points individually and fully. Please send a personalised reply and not the nearest template form.

RE Penalty and ILLEGAL charges –

Request for a refund of all charges & cancellation of pending charges for;

ZARA

I am writing to cancel or refund any pending or paid charges levied upon my account. During the time period August 2009 to the present day Including but not limited to 30th June 2009 to 29 July 2009.

The social security act1992 quite clearly states that banks cannot take charges from any form of means tested benefits such as Job Seekers allowance These income related benefits have been set up by the government as the minimum amount of money someone needs to live on.

I have been on benefits (Jobs seekers allowance) since May 2009 which is easily evidenced by the regular payments made into this account from the DWP. All money in this account has been from benefits. No charges should have been taken as this constitutes 'wrongful diligence’ in breach of the aforementioned act. Therefore you are obliged to refund all charges to my account to my account forthwith. No charges should have been administered and in refusing to refund these charges for any reason whatsoever you will be committing a further offence.

The mentioned charge will be coming out of my account on the 26th August. This was for a standing order. You claim there was not enough funds in the account. There was, I paid them in the same day. I have been doing this for months and its never been a problem until now.

Please refund all charges applied to my account within the next 7 days.

I reserve the right to further commence my grievance on to the Financial ombudsmen service without any further notice, and to seek an additional award for distress and inconvenience, together with legal expenses.

Yours,

Zara

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed surname