Halifax/fraud/inheritance money/internal investigation!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, im out as you obviously cant read. Hacked_Off, ive sent you a quick PM.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cagbnm, Please read your Private messages.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ok. Lets go back to basics. hacked_Off. Did you at any time instruct halicrap to cancel the transactions BEFORE they occured, to the creditor. Similar to cancelling a CPA.

No, I have had zero dealings with the company that took the money therefore could not instruct the bank to cancel a CPA to a company I was unaware of!!

When they took the first amount on the 18th I asked for a block to be placed on the account to not allow anymore money to be taken by them. Halifax said they couldn't. I also emailed the company demanding they return the money they took and I do not authorise them to take anymore. Then today they have taken more. The first person I spoke to said "yes, I'll just get a form" then the phone went dead. I rang back and Again the bank have said they cannot stop the company from taking anymore money and to "contact the company directly".

No, I have had zero dealings with the company that took the money therefore could not instruct the bank to cancel a CPA to a company I was unaware of!!

When they took the first amount on the 18th I asked for a block to be placed on the account to not allow anymore money to be taken by them. Halifax said they couldn't. I also emailed the company demanding they return the money they took and I do not authorise them to take anymore. Then today they have taken more. The first person I spoke to said "yes, I'll just get a form" then the phone went dead. I rang back and Again the bank have said they cannot stop the company from taking anymore money and to "contact the company directly".

Ok. Then it was a simple, unauthorised transaction and the bank, as said all along are completely wrong and should refund immediately. This means not waiting for a payment to be processed, and not waiting for an earmarked payment to be cleared.

See pages 16 + 17 http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf

Notice the word 'immediately'. Unless the banks version of the english dictionary is different to the rest of the worlds..... Then halifax doesnt have a leg to stand on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

As well as further complaints to Halifax have you tried the CEO?

davidnicholson@halifax.co.uk

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As well as further complaints to Halifax have you tried the CEO?

davidnicholson@halifax.co.uk

Yes he is copied into everything I send. First email was sent to him in the 18th. Only had this:

Thank you for your email addressed to our Group Director for Halifax, Mr David Nicholson.

I can confirm receipt and I have forwarded it onto the relevant department who will respond accordingly.

Kind regards,

Ben Taylor

Ben Taylor| Group Executive Functions

Lloyds Banking Group, 6th Floor, 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN (TNT 89)

I think its time you sent a written letter to him. Mark it private and confidential so he gets to see it. The email you received showed that Mr taylor simply forwarded it to collections and then washed his hands of it. If you make a formal complaint, make sure you header the letter " FORMAL COMPLAINT". This way they are legally obliged to take you seriously and not shrug you off like they have been doing.

You know, having read from the code i do think the banks may have wriggle room as it does say when taken from your account and not just "autorised" as the money is still there...just an opinion but probably one the fobbing off service would agree with

I still believe that for whatever reason (and with absolute respect for everyone unless we hear the conversation we can not know exactly what was said) a simple I have lost my card ?my card details have been compromised please cancel it and issue another one SHOULD have had the desired effect and certainly stopped the next payment out.

Again, and just my personal view, HBOS never had good customer service or compassion but since the "merger" with LTSB whatever they had has got lost completely.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Sadly when you cancel a card, depending on the bank it can still be active until the end of that calendar month.

You know, having read from the code i do think the banks may have wriggle room as it does say when taken from your account and not just "autorised" as the money is still there...just an opinion but probably one the fobbing off service would agree with

I still believe that for whatever reason (and with absolute respect for everyone unless we hear the conversation we can not know exactly what was said) a simple I have lost my card ?my card details have been compromised please cancel it and issue another one SHOULD have had the desired effect and certainly stopped the next payment out.

Again, and just my personal view, HBOS never had good customer service or compassion but since the "merger" with LTSB whatever they had has got lost completely.

Three payments have actually left my account now and are showing. When I said this in the phone today she said "have they been refunded" I told her NO. So amounts have left but halifax still refuse to refund 6 days after it leaving, then allow one of the same companies to take again!! Can't see any wriggle room there.

Sadly when you cancel a card, depending on the bank it can still be active until the end of that calendar month.

Never come across it myself. A lost card should be stopped there and then end of story. You are not liable for anything AFTER you have reported it regardless of its use.

Three payments have actually left my account now and are showing. When I said this in the phone today she said "have they been refunded" I told her NO. So amounts have left but halifax still refuse to refund 6 days after it leaving, then allow one of the same companies to take again!! Can't see any wriggle room there.

I am not disputing that HBOS has acted very badly, the wriggle room I was talking about was the interpretation of when the money leaves the account. You need to get into a branch tomorrow and thrash it out ( I would say with a big stick but you might get arrested)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Never come across it myself. A lost card should be stopped there and then end of story. You are not liable for anything AFTER you have reported it regardless of its use.

I am not disputing that HBOS has acted very badly, the wriggle room I was talking about was the interpretation of when the money leaves the account. You need to get into a branch tomorrow and thrash it out ( I would say with a big stick but you might get arrested)

Haha that's why I've not been back to a branch since this first started, I have anger issues sadly!!

Some banks have even advised that the only way to stop the payment is to close the account and cut up the card. Not only is that advice wrong it may not work. Visa and Mastercard can let merchants track you and move the agreement to a card you take out in the future. It has also been known for a bank or credit card provider to try to recover the money – and penalty charges – from customers who have cancelled a card.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

FSA ruling & BCOBS

good luck

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

and they

Word of advise. Keep calm and do not lose your temper. If you start yelling or losing it they will call the police and have you removed. Either for threats or breach of the peace.

You MUST get a full complaint in about that manager to the CEO. Think how many other people are in worse situations than you and have been fobbed off by him/her

Nothing from Halifax as yet.

I was going to switch to HSBC, but after reading their reviews I decided against it!!

Just had this conversation with Natwest:

This chat may be monitored and will be recorded to ensure quality of service. Please note this service has no access to your accounts or details of existing applications so please do not give out any personal information (passwords, or account numbers etc…). This is a non advice service. A customer support agent will be with you shortly.

Josefine: Hello you're through to Josefine on the Webchat team. My role is to provide you with information on our products and services so you can decide which accounts are suitable for your circumstances. I can also assist you with online applications.

How may I help you today?

Josefine: Hello x. How can I help you today?

Me: hi, im thinking of switching accounts. I am currently with Halifax who have allowed four unauthorised transactions from my account and have not refuded. If I switch accounts, will these payments follow?

Josefine: I am sorry to hear you have been having difficulties.

Josefine: I can certainly help you with this.

Josefine: Any payments set up against your account details or your debit card wouldn't follow when you switch your account as you would have new details.

Me: What is Natwests procedure when unauthorised transactions are taken?

Josefine: what sort of transactions is this in regards to please x?

Me: if an amount was taken from my account that I did not authorise, what is NatWest procedure?

Josefine: If it was taken against your debit card details you would be able to dispute the payments with our visa debit heldpesk.

Josefine: If it was a direct debit for example, we have the direct debit indemnity scheme which means we can return an unauthorised direct debit.

Me: Are Natwest aware of BCOBS and the FCA ruling concerning unathorisued transactions?

Josefine: One moment please while I check this for you.

Me: ok

Josefine: Thank you.

Josefine: Yes, we would have to follow their ruling as a bank.

Me: ok thankyou, sadly Halifax do not

Me: I already have an account with Natwest

Josefine: I am sorry to hear that x.

Me: is it possible to transfer my existing main banking to this one?

Josefine: Yes you would be able to arrange a switching to your existing account. You would need to arrange this at a branch.

Me: ok, cheers

Josefine: You're welcome.

Josefine: Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Me: that's it thankyou

Josefine: My pleasure!

Josefine: I hope you have a lovely day x!

Josefine: Thank you for taking the time to chat with us, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to complete a short survey and let me know what you thought of the service from me today. To do so please click here to take the survey. This will also end our chat, have a great day!

Your adviser has concluded this chat.