Banks - What can they do?!

angeljen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed that a lot of users on this site recommend anonymity, some have even edited their signatures from showing what they are claiming from which bank because of the "Men in Black".

What does it matter if the banks find that we are using this website? What can they actually do?! Surely it would scare them off knowing that we are part of a 100,000-strong website of people?!

I don't understand. Are some users just paranoid?

Unfair penalty charges reclaimed from Barclays - £700; BarclayCard - £380 + £132 extra; Style (RBOS) - £245 - County Court Judgement

against RBOS awarded - Judgement transferred to Registers of Scotland - Sheriff Officer (Bailiffs) action taken.

Travel insurance claim with Alpha (URV) pursued through the Financial Ombudsman - £704

I've noticed that a lot of users on this site recommend anonymity, some have even edited their signatures from showing what they are claiming from which bank because of the "Men in Black".

Computer Misuse Act prevents them from doing this. Not that this will deter the banks, particularly since they feel entitled to abide by only those laws which guarantee them a profit.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Indeed - Citicards even printed someones posts off for their defence!

Didn't help them though ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Right, so, am I breaking the law by telling people my bank has broken the law and I am taking them to court to prove it? Um, yeah, Jen, it's slander if it hasn't been proven in court. I've got it now. It's the blondeness, you see!

Unfair penalty charges reclaimed from Barclays - £700; BarclayCard - £380 + £132 extra; Style (RBOS) - £245 - County Court Judgement

against RBOS awarded - Judgement transferred to Registers of Scotland - Sheriff Officer (Bailiffs) action taken.

Travel insurance claim with Alpha (URV) pursued through the Financial Ombudsman - £704

You haven't broken the law. Libel is a cause of action, not a criminal offence. :)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

What can the banks do ?? Hows about they can Go Forth and Multiply ?..lol:o

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 1 month later...

If in doubt then anonymity is always a good idea. Things are shady and complex enough with credit records, various scoring techniques and record files being kept in bracnhes ...with or without the Data Proetction Act. Not to mention a lot of afflected/ effected people live and work in London/ Birmingham/ Manchester/ Edinburgh with the sheer size of financial services industry and any threat of work history being tainted!!

• 3 weeks later...

Dont think anonymity really matters too much it is just a product of the net, people can hide behind their handles for all kinds of reasons in chat rooms etc. . I for one dont care who knows im claiming back the charges.

This group of over 100,000 CAG members is just the tip of the ice-berg. The Banks are heading for a rough ride in general with ever increasing bad debts, easier bankrupcy laws etc..they would do better for their reputations to start talking turkey asap..

I cant think of any business that would want so many unhappy customers and wait until almost on the court steps to settle requests for refunds or negotiated partial refunds instead, they, the Banks have simply taken a them and us stand, totally stupid of them as bad news travels far quicker than good news, very short sighted as they often are with business banking.

We should all find different ways to handle our money and take the power from them, they dont deserve the loyalty they get from their customers.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

here here nevo, apart from one small point, no banks no economy and we go back to trading pigs and wool for the weekly shop.

what we need are banks specifically for personal banking and seperate banks for business. That way each should be able to meet their customer needs. But then they are profit organisations, so will still make money from services somehow.

just a thought

Jell

The primary function of the banks is to facilitate the economy, and profit making is secondary to this. Many of the high street names seem to have their priorities wrong as of late.