overpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughter and son in law have been on full housing benefit for the past 18 months since my son in law has been in his job ..he renewed last year gave them all his details and they gave him full housing and council tax benefit ......anyway thsi year they had to renew and the council reviwed there claim and informed them not only was they not entitled to any benefit they had to repay all the past 18 months benfit paid to them as they wasnt entitled to it in the first palce !!! how can this be he is on a low income my daughter only works muinumum hours part time and they have a 5 year old son ..the same woman who awarded there benfit and renewed it in april 2011 has told them they have to repay as they wasnt entitled to it in the firsdt place they now been told they owe £7.500.00 in overpayment of housing benfit and over £2.00.00 in council tax any advice would be much appreciated they came to me and although i can help a little financially i feel this is wrong on them

They must ask the Council how they arrived at the decision

that there is an overpayment when (if) their financial details

are still the same.

Do this in writting to the manager of the benefits department

(often called the Resources Management dept.)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

apparently its because of my daughters earnings and the tax credits for there son but she only works 15 hours a week £90 per week approx ...... and they knew about thsi last year ...nothings changed basically so there joint income is £290 per week ...if they wasnt entitled to it now why did they let them have it last year ? they must have knew then ..its the councils error as my daughter gave the same details originally and again last year

That's why I said it must be challenged with the council as a matter of urgency!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: