Help with letter dwp re step moms death please

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Currently dealing with the death of my step mother, she went into hospital in January and sadly past away last week,

as there was no power of attorney I couldn't update dwp, she was receiving alot of benefits and has a large sum of money in her account,

could I get help with a base letter I can send in to dwp departments explaining she went into hospital in January and I need to no how much back pay and also payments to stop, her account has been frozen so this could stop payments.

The departments are, dla, pension, sdp? Housing benefits etc, she went into hospital on the 25th January and then into a care home on 19th of June and past away on 19th august, I think only 28days is allowed?

Please accept our condolences.....normally you complete a form on registering the death but you can do it in advance,

WWW.GOV.UK

The steps you must take when someone dies - register a death, report a death with Tell Us Once, coroners, funerals and death abroad.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, Thank you, I did do the tell us once, but it did not give me the option to tell them she had been in hospital for 6 months prior to moving to a care home, so now I'm guessing they don't know about her being in hospital,

I did register her death today and followed the instructions from the register with the Tell Us Once option

Thanks again

37 minutes ago, peakson said:

I get help with a base letter I can send in to dwp departments explaining she went into hospital in January and I need to no how much back pay and also payments to stop

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/mental-health-care/how-do-i-manage-my-money-if-i-have-to-go-into-hospital/i-was-claiming-benefits-when-i-went-into-hospital-what-will-happen-to-them/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So you have done what you need to do, by using tell us once.

These situations will occur all of the time, where the claimant is not in any position to report changes of circumstances and there is no spouse or attorney to report changes either.

Within the benefits system, there are many exceptions built into the legislation that applies, so it is not necessarily the case that DWP would rigidly apply 28 days in hospital ends entitlement etc.

I would suggest that your only action is the tell us once action. DWP and Housing benefits will contact you if you are person to be contacted, should they need more information. The actions will relate to closing the benefits down following the death. They won't be reviewing the benefits going back to January, unless they have already been made aware of being admitted hospital, so have a process ongoing already.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

tell us once works wonders.!!

the relevant benefits depts will write to you (eventually) about what they think is owed. ( took +2mts on most)

for my neighbour, who's situation was not too dissimilar from yours, i calculated for him she might owe everything from after 28days being in hosp as she never returned home.

when each wrote indicating 'a' sum they thought was owed , there is an address to write too on each letter.

he replied to each stating that from xx date she went into hosp, then from xx to a nursing home and that she never returned to her own home.

letters eventually came back , and my calcs were wrong , it appears none were interested in what had gone on before even though they had now been informed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Help with letter dwp re step moms death please