sofa order from DFS to big for room help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I just had a sofa delivered today and as it afterthe delivery men cam I realised the sofa was too big is there any way I can do a sofa swap or return it I'm stuck the girlfriend is in tears.so embarresing what should I do?! Sorry for the opoor grammar this thread was done on my mobile....

Did you buy it online or in the shop?

Where is it now? I have this horrible picture of a sofa sitting in the garden!

Lastly, if you place a sofa on one end, and sitting on top of the clearish white plastic tops (plastic that almost feels greasy) you get on under bed containers, it makes them very easy to manoeuvre through doors.

Did you buy it online or in the shop?

Where is it now? I have this horrible picture of a sofa sitting in the garden!

Lastly, if you place a sofa on one end, and sitting on top of the clearish white plastic tops (plastic that almost feels greasy) you get on under bed containers, it makes them very easy to manoeuvre through doors.

Nah it fit into the house and is in the living room but the thing is just way to big for the living room is there anyway I can return it? It was bout in thee shop

Hi thanks new to this site so not really sure how to use this! Its a nightmare to find my posts lol Yes the retailers are dfs i know it was my fault in choosing but the thing is the sofa would be bareable if the corner was the other way round is there no way of changing this when a diagram was already drawn on the paper work? I didnt measure the room to see if it was a match :( deff in the dog house with the mrs need some sort of way to be able to change this!

Have amended the thread title for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you spoken to DFS - what do they say ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It down to their policy whether they exchange it or not, best to apply to their good nature and state you just want one that fits.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi spanners

I'm right thinking that you purchased it from the store and not online? Is that correct?

If it is then if it's 'fit for purpose' then all you can do is ask them if you can change it over, what might help is if you decided to upgrade. I would do all of this in writing, send an e-mail. Explaining everything. Don't e-mail from your phone, you want them to take you seriously. It pretty much depends on their 'Goodwill'.

It's not a complaint as such, but some tips:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

There is a DFS Rep on this site but they have not posted since March.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

• Haha 1

Have a go, post it up, then we can help to amend it.

Also im not very good with this sort of thing im usually the too nice sort of person who backs down how should i word this because its really my fault.

Appeal to their better nature. .. something along the lines of...

Dear Sir or Madam,

REF Invoice number

Name/Design of Sofa

On DATE, I purchased a sofa/suite for my new home. Unfortunately when it arrived, it was discovered that it is simply too large for my lounge/sitting room.

This is a corner suite and it was not understood that the corner cannot be reversed.

I appreciate that I must bear some blame for not measuring correctly and I am prepared either to upgrade or suffer some financial loss. I would therefore request that you consider allowing me to return this item and to choose a smaller/more suitable product. This is an expensive purchase, one which should last a considerable amount of time - to have to live with something that simply doesnt fit into the room properly is upsetting my wife/partner to the point of depression.

I beg you, please will you offer a solution.

Kind Regards,

Etc, etc.

BCOBS

Good Afternoon,

I recieved a delivery of a corner sofa and a swivel chair from yourselves yesterday evening. When enquiring on the size of the sofa to the sales rep they gave me the impression that the side the corner sofa would be fine with the room dimensions after recieving the goods it transpires that the advice i was given was not correct and has completly ruined the design of the room.

I am severely distraught as is the other half because we are due to move in today and cant because how the corner sofa is situated in the front room, we cannot move around at all.

All i am requesting is that we can have the corner the other way around, if we can have this done it would be greatly appreciated and would save the room for it is not liveable because of the size.

Please let me know what my options are it is quite urgent that i get this resolved for i will be paying for a house that i can not live in because of someone elses judgment.

Kind Regards

How does this look? I know im shouldering the blame on someone else but this may be the only thing i can go by.... What does everyone think?

Spanner, did you have a look at post 14 ? You can probably incorporate some of what was drafted in post 14 and yours to make a decent looking request :)

BCOBS

I would hit them both with an email :)

Make sure you attach a read receipt request so you can be sure it has been received.

BCOBS

When you send an e-mail, attach a read receipt request, you can check the person has received and read your e-mail, it's a notification service.

what attach the paperwork? i dont have it to hand but i need to resolve it today :(

When you are sending an email you have an option to ask for a read receipt !!

It should be at the top of your email programme !!

Dont stress over it.. just send the email !! - However, I would also send hard copies out by Royal Mail by recorded delivery post.

BCOBS