Moneyclaim here I come **ANOTHER WON**

kotum45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kotum - fingers crossed for you here in Bedford, too. I'm about a month behind you - have the same solicitors. The best that will happen is that they just won't turn up at court but what a fag for you to have to go there yourself. When (not if) they offer, make sure you get your interest right up to the current date - teach 'em to keep you waiting ............. :cool:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi have you heard any-thing yet from lloyds or there solicitors?

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Fingers cross for you hon x

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

good luck kotum waiting here with baited breath. i almost hope you get your day in court after all the effort you have put into the preparation for it. xxxxxx

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

I think I am well prepared but the only thing that worries me is the £5 discrepancy in the charges. I included a £5 account fee on to my claim by mistake.. Now I am thinking that's what is stopping Lloyds settling the claim. Does anyone know if my claim can be deemed void because of this small discrepancy?

Well I would have thought to argue that discrepancy they will have appear in court, and we know they will avoid this at all cost....you only have to look at how much they have paid back that we are aware of to clarify this.

Other people have made bigger errors in their claim process that you, and received full and final settlement, so I'd be very surprise if a £5 error causes such an issue.

I truely beleive you will this out of court, but if you end up in front of a judge, the bank will habe to reveal some stuff they really don't want to.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

We know that people from the banks come onto the forum, but it doesn't matter. The law is as it is, and we are doing nothing wrong. But you are quite right, the banks tend to change tactic from time to time as a way of scare mongering, and I'm sure in some cases, people do get scared and drop their claims - however - if people take the time out to really understand what they are claiming for, get a grasp on the law involved and follow the step by step guide their claims will succeed. Everyone should however be fully prepared to go to court like Kotum is.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

all this hassle by lloyds aover 1500. sums them up. the most petty small minded back i have come across

anyway, personally i think this forum is being watched by those up above in lloyds and making it tough to put others off

I follow the other banks's forums too and I must say Lloyds is by far the worst in all aspects. I still think they are not going to attend the court. What annoys me the most is the time factor. From day one, they know that they are going to settle this out of court but why on earth do they have to wait until the last minute and waste everyone's time. I have to make arrangements and cancel fairly important appointments to (which I have already) attend this hearing which costs time and money...

Hav you still not heard anything... They are really pushing this case to the edge. if they don't turn up at court I would be tempted to ask the extra money for the day you wasted...

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Hi Kotum.I agree with closey over the discrepancy situation their letters to me have had monetary errors on them and i know know that my mathmatics is not spot on but as i have said before i am willing to explain to the judge my situation with regard to adding it all up.I am sure the judge would be sympathetic to your situation too.After all we aren,t the Professionals here.

As a matter of fact if the Lloyds had done the decent thing like NATIONWIDE eventually did in exactly the same circumstances (caused by my and wife's errors) then we wouldn,t be in this position.

Lets see what they do tomorrow?.

john r

This is really strange....

I checked my bank balance at around 5pm and it was as I expected... Arrived home an hour ago.. logged into online banking to find out £2350 was credited to my account.... Not only they have settled the case in full but paid up £360 extra which was the amount of charges since 6th April when I filed the case....

No letters, no phone calls, no conditions..... They simply paid up...

Thank you for all your help, I hope this forum continues to help many others... I will still be around... So if anyone needs me please don't hesitate to write....

Congratulations kotom , it was good to read your story and get a result on the last post.I expect your out celebrating as i type.

I only joined the site today due to a Lloyds fee of £30 for exceeding my overdraft by £150 for 1 day and coincidently seeing a link in MSE email .

I,m gonna send them a preliminary letter and hope for the best but dont know if its worth the effort of court for £30.Think i,ll just change banks if they dont pay it , maybe even if they do haha .

Anyway , WELL DONE !

:lol: :lol: Fantastic news Kotum , I'm just about to do the moneyclaim thing and very nervous I'm going to get it all wrong ,but reading your epic saga has helped me see it all more as a reality and less like a pipe-dream.

I'll have confidence to have a bash now - when I did the LBA I dropped a malteser into the printer so I've got a snickers tonight - prevention is better than cure and choccy in the mouth is more comfort than nothing!:D

Money in the bank is like toothpaste in a tube - easy to take out .... impossible to put back in :lol:

And if you die a pound overdrawn .....you've made a profit :D

Thanks sparksfly.... £30 might be a small amount but as the cliche goes; IT IS THE PRINCIPLE....

Kathbaby, I am sure you will not get it wrong. There are many posts including mine that details of the particulars of claim and other aspects of the moneyclaim site. Good luck and I hope your claim gets settled quickly..

great news kotum

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

fantastic news kotum well done

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

What brilliant news to start friday morning with...well done, I am very chuffed for you.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

wow thats great... have a fab weekend!!!

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

That's great news,enjoy your win, it must feel gratifying after the long slog against them.

I'm at the stage of waiting for their defence, the deadline is today, will it show on money claim or do you need to ring the court to check if they have submited it.:confused:

If they haven't the finger is primed over the Judgement button.

Also can anyone tell me how long till the AQ is sent out.

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Hi there, sorry to jump into your thread!. Can you please help?.. I need to file a claim with MONEYCLAIM I think it is called, I do have my own thread, but no-one seems to read it!!. Can you please tell me the website address I need??.. Also do I have to add 8% onto my amount??.. and will I need to pay £100 today??.

Thanks!!

Sorry for jumping on this thread too, but heres the info you need mumonamission.

1) http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk is the site you need to put your claim in

2) Yes you add the 8% at this stage

3) Yes you will have to pay the £100 or whatever it costs up front today. If you havn't got the cash right now but have a credit card, you can pay for it that way.

hths

Amber x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks