lloyds tsb

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh Dorabell - I'm so sorry about the result:eek: Have been following with interest as we had a run in with Lloyds and they discontinued at the last fence. Do please tell us what happened - Andy may be able to turn this round for you - he's not going to let this drop easily:) On what basis did the judge decide? love Debs x

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate how you must be feeling but just a short synopsis would be beneficial to the forum on were your Defence failed, maybe?

Andy

Judge accepted the DF notice was in order and the second copy of the cca they prodused in there 2nd SW statement i did think the judge was going in my favour at first but he took there argument instead:confused:

So the balance was correct with the statements and summons, I recall it was for £10.00 and the second agreement they relied upon was a fresh copy with no signiture on and the DJ ruled that was ok?

Was there any reference made by the Claimant of CAG?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So the balance was correct with the statements and summons, I recall it was for £10.00 and the second agreement they relied upon was a fresh copy with no signiture on and the DJ ruled that was ok?

Was there any reference made by the Claimant of CAG?

Andy

yes Andy:-o never mentioned of CAG

So you got a CCJ for £10.00 or £00.00 as per the DN and Statements?

as there was no other paperwork to clarify the Claimants claim.

Who was the DJ Ray Charles:rolleyes:

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

So you got a CCJ for £10.00 or £00.00 as per the DN and Statements?

as there was no other paperwork to clarify the Claimants claim.

Who was the DJ Ray Charles:rolleyes:

Andy

CCJ for the whole off amount with court costs on top:mad: they were tyrying to claim more:mad: the judge did ask to see there copy and asked if i had received a copy which she replied no, he looked at her and said that they could not claim all off the costs they were relying on just a few:-| it still came to a grand thou:mad:

Hi Dora, so sorry to hear your sad news.

I dont understand how this could have happened.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all thanks for all your kind words:) i am very sad:( to say all the hard work that has been put into this case with the help of Andy:p and many other Caggers:) with out you all i would not have gone this far it was an experience yesterday not bad thou:eek: so those who are a waiting to go to court its not so daunting has you think, just be yourself relax and stay calm and just listen to whats been said if you dont understand anything just stop and ask and do your best shot:) and hope you get better judge than me:( thank you all once again:)

Hi Dora if you are going to accept the Judgement then you need to think about payment arrangements.Unless you apply for a redetermination then payment will be forthwith 28days.If however you require time to pay you need to download the N245 which will cost a further £35.00.

Your thoughts?

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

Hi Dora if you are going to accept the Judgement then you need to think about payment arrangements.Unless you apply fpr a redetermination then payment will be forthwith 28days.If however you require time to pay you need to download the N245 which will cost a further £35.00.

Your thoughts?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy i have been thinking allday about what i should do do you think i have a good case to reject the judgement? its the thought having to go through with it all again as i persum it will be harder

Hi Dora

That is a decision only you can make.You have had a feel of the Courts procedure now and i am personally shocked at the outcome of yesterdays events, but not privvy to the finer details of what you argued and didnt.Lets say for argument sake you get the same DJ and its a fair asssumption you will, what will make him/her change the decision in your case as we have no new argument to add to the matter,but can only reiterate what as already been said.

In reality the terms of the CCA 1974 should have been upheld but instead were disregarded.It is therfore for the above reasons I would unfortunately advise you to accept the above decision

Kind Regards

Andy;)

Hi Dora

That is a decision only you can make.You have had a feel of the Courts procedure now and i am personally shocked at the outcome of yesterdays events, but not privvy to the finer details of what you argued and didnt.Lets say for argument sake you get the same DJ and its a fair asssumption you will, what will make him/her change the decision in your case as we have no new argument to add to the matter,but can only reiterate what as already been said.

In reality the terms of the CCA 1974 should have been upheld but instead were disregarded.It is therfore for the above reasons I would unfortunately advise you to accept the above decision

Kind Regards

Andy;)

Ok Andy thanks i appriciate your honestesty i will accept it:(it just was not my day was it:( i will have to wait for the sols to send me what the are asking instalments if i don agree the judge did say i will have to make an application to him to look at my fiancial affairs they can only have what i can afford in the end thanks once again:)

Ok Andy thanks i appriciate your honestesty i will accept it:(it just was not my day was it:( i will have to wait for the sols to send me what the are asking instalments if i don agree the judge did say i will have to make an application to him to look at my fiancial affairs they can only have what i can afford in the end thanks once again:)

I know i have stated this many times before but just in reference to your day in court Dora

Whilst Litigants in Person are supposed to have equal access to justice, regardless of whether they are the Claimant or Defendant in a case-that's the ideal, however in reality......!Unless a person can and does argue vehemently about the validity of an agreement and/or Default Notice, as far as the Judge is concerned, the debt is owed and he wants you out of his Court asap, because he is pressed for time!:rolleyes: Not right, not fair, but that's how the system regrettably operates!You was lucky yesterday that you did get a DJ willing to listen to your argument and give that benefit.(to a point)

The fundamental arguments to raise in Court, both to get the Judge's attention and to make 100% sure the case goes your way, is to argue that the credit agreement is invalid,executed correctly and of course the invalidity of any DN which gives them no legal right to collect the debt. Unlawful charges are of course important, but a secondary issue.

I admire your strength in dealing with the Judge yesterday, however, I don't think you seazed the opportunity to gain the best and most advantageous point to secure a win. The plain fact is, if a party to a case believes that they will gain an advantage by lying, they will, simple as that! It should make you twice as determined to win the case on the facts, rather than stooping to their level! You cannot stop another party behaving in a particular way, be that lies, or whatever else-but you can make sure that your case is watertight and that you are prepared for what Judges, Solicitors & Barristers will throw at you!

Chin up Dora you lost that battle but you wont lose the war.

Regards

Andy

I know i have stated this many times before but just in reference to your day in court Dora

Whilst Litigants in Person are supposed to have equal access to justice, regardless of whether they are the Claimant or Defendant in a case-that's the ideal, however in reality......!Unless a person can and does argue vehemently about the validity of an agreement and/or Default Notice, as far as the Judge is concerned, the debt is owed and he wants you out of his Court asap, because he is pressed for time!:rolleyes: Not right, not fair, but that's how the system regrettably operates!You was lucky yesterday that you did get a DJ willing to listen to your argument and give that benefit.(to a point)

The fundamental arguments to raise in Court, both to get the Judge's attention and to make 100% sure the case goes your way, is to argue that the credit agreement is invalid,executed correctly and of course the invalidity of any DN which gives them no legal right to collect the debt. Unlawful charges are of course important, but a secondary issue.

I admire your strength in dealing with the Judge yesterday, however, I don't think you seazed the opportunity to gain the best and most advantageous point to secure a win. The plain fact is, if a party to a case believes that they will gain an advantage by lying, they will, simple as that! It should make you twice as determined to win the case on the facts, rather than stooping to their level! You cannot stop another party behaving in a particular way, be that lies, or whatever else-but you can make sure that your case is watertight and that you are prepared for what Judges, Solicitors & Barristers will throw at you!

Chin up Dora you lost that battle but you wont lose the war.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy do keep in touch:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dora if you are going to accept the Judgement then you need to think about payment arrangements.Unless you apply for a redetermination then payment will be forthwith 28days.If however you require time to pay you need to download the N245 which will cost a further £35.00.

Your thoughts?

Regards

Andy

Hi andy i have received my N24 form today payable in 21days i cannot possibly do this, is it the n245 i have to send to the court to apply time to pay do

Hi andy i have received my N24 form today payable in 21days i cannot possibly do this, is it the n245 i have to send to the court to apply time to pay do

Hi Dora I trust you are well;)

It most certainly is the fee is £35.00 I believe.

Regards

Andy

They have to, what you havent got you cant pay,be honest when you submit the I&E and only make an offer that you can stick to confortably.The Climant does have the right to reject the offer but if it cant be agreed then the DJ will make the final decision.

Regards

Andy

They have to, what you havent got you cant pay,be honest when you submit the I&E and only make an offer that you can stick to confortably.The Climant does have the right to reject the offer but if it cant be agreed then the DJ will make the final decision.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Dora

The above notice B136(CO) is an official notice that someone who you owes money to, is applying to have a charging order (CO) placed against your title deeds, at the HM land registry, this ensures that when the house is sold, the creditor gets their money back from the acting Solicitor.

Andy

Edited by Andyorch