lloyds tsb

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dora,

My tip is take all your bank statements showing the payments made to SCM and the order showing that you are to pay by instalments.

My case is the same as yours although not with SCM. I had been paying the instalments as requested. The solicitors made an application just after the judgment forthwith but the court decided they would redetermine so I could produce I & E. The solicitors made their application but it was not heard until the court ordered that I pay by instalments which I had been doing for 2 months. I had to attend the hearing showing my statements etc. The court threw their application out and ordered me costs.

Go get them is all I can say - you can only pay what you can afford.

HH

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dora,

My tip is take all your bank statements showing the payments made to SCM and the order showing that you are to pay by instalments.

My case is the same as yours although not with SCM. I had been paying the instalments as requested. The solicitors made an application just after the judgment forthwith but the court decided they would redetermine so I could produce I & E. The solicitors made their application but it was not heard until the court ordered that I pay by instalments which I had been doing for 2 months. I had to attend the hearing showing my statements etc. The court threw their application out and ordered me costs.

HH

thanks HH i have the proof were i have been making installments with the paying book they sent me and proof of the court order to pay by installments i think its terrible when the solicitors are very sneeky

Edited by Dorabell

Dora,

HH

Hi HH can i ask your advice please:) i have an hearing next week:mad: i have to send my objections this week is there any forms i have to fill in or do i just put in writing, do i have to put copies of proof of payments and a copy of the court order aswell or do i have to take them just on the day, also will my OH have to send objections will it make any diffrent your advice is most appriciated thank you:)

Dora,

This is your OH's objection letter - short and sweet I know but I was told to keep it that way.

Send it to the court and ask him/her to sign it at the bottom.

I would be grateful if this letter could be placed before the Judge at the hearing on

I object to a charging order being placed in that I have a beneficial interest in that I jointly own this property.

When the house was purchased I solely paid the deposit and I am maintaining the mortgage payments. In the present economic climate and due to the fact there are a number of secured creditors we at the present time have negative equity.

At the same time but not in the same envelope, send a statement.

This was my objection statement. You must edit to suit (some bits you will need to take out) but bears similarities to your own. Hope it helps.

I, Hammyhound of hereby make this statement from my own knowledge and belief detailing the chronology of events and why I believe a charging order should not be placed on our property.

1. On District Judge made an order that Judgment be entered and that at the same time the case be listed on to consider instalment payments, a copy of which I enclose marked “A”

2. On District Judge ordered that I pay instalment payments at the rate of £ per month.

3. I received a letter from the Claimant’s solicitors enclosing an Interim Charging Order together with their application for a charging order. District Judge made that order on . I can only assume that District Judge was unaware of any instalment order in place when making that charging order as case law states that

Section 86(1) The County Courts Act 1984:

' Where the court has made an order for payment of any sum of money by instalments, execution on the order shall not be issued until after default in payment of some instalment according to the order '

This was further considered in the case of Mercantile Credit v Ellis in The Court of Appeal 1987. It was found that the wording of the Charging Orders Act states quite clearly that no further action could be taken without a default in payment.

4. Before the charging order application was heard on the Claimant’s representative handed to me case law which he said “this case law takes precedence over Mercantile Credit v Ellis. I was unaware of this case law Ropaigealach v Allied Irish Bank and asked District Judge for an adjournment so I could take advice.

5. I am advised that this case bears no relevance to my own as my instalment order was made before District Judge considered the Claimant’s application.

6. I respectfully request that the Judge considers this statement and dismisses the Claimant’s application as an instalment order was already in place before the Claimant’s application for a charging order and that I have not defaulted on any payment.

8. I believe the contents of this statement are true.

Dora, don't forget the heading at the top.

You can put in a copy of your statements as an exhibit say at 3.

I exhibit hereto copy bank statements showing that all instalment payments as per the Order dated have been made and that they are all up to date.

Send them separately or even better take them to the court and get a receipt.

Any questions come back.

HH x

• 2 weeks later...
Dora,

This is your OH's objection letter - short and sweet I know but I was told to keep it that way.

Send it to the court and ask him/her to sign it at the bottom.

I would be grateful if this letter could be placed before the Judge at the hearing on

I object to a charging order being placed in that I have a beneficial interest in that I jointly own this property.

When the house was purchased I solely paid the deposit and I am maintaining the mortgage payments. In the present economic climate and due to the fact there are a number of secured creditors we at the present time have negative equity.

At the same time but not in the same envelope, send a statement.

This was my objection statement. You must edit to suit (some bits you will need to take out) but bears similarities to your own. Hope it helps.

I, Hammyhound of hereby make this statement from my own knowledge and belief detailing the chronology of events and why I believe a charging order should not be placed on our property.

1. On District Judge made an order that Judgment be entered and that at the same time the case be listed on to consider instalment payments, a copy of which I enclose marked “A”

2. On District Judge ordered that I pay instalment payments at the rate of £ per month.

3. I received a letter from the Claimant’s solicitors enclosing an Interim Charging Order together with their application for a charging order. District Judge made that order on . I can only assume that District Judge was unaware of any instalment order in place when making that charging order as case law states that

Section 86(1) The County Courts Act 1984:

' Where the court has made an order for payment of any sum of money by instalments, execution on the order shall not be issued until after default in payment of some instalment according to the order '

This was further considered in the case of Mercantile Credit v Ellis in The Court of Appeal 1987. It was found that the wording of the Charging Orders Act states quite clearly that no further action could be taken without a default in payment.

4. Before the charging order application was heard on the Claimant’s representative handed to me case law which he said “this case law takes precedence over Mercantile Credit v Ellis. I was unaware of this case law Ropaigealach v Allied Irish Bank and asked District Judge for an adjournment so I could take advice.

5. I am advised that this case bears no relevance to my own as my instalment order was made before District Judge considered the Claimant’s application.

6. I respectfully request that the Judge considers this statement and dismisses the Claimant’s application as an instalment order was already in place before the Claimant’s application for a charging order and that I have not defaulted on any payment.

8. I believe the contents of this statement are true.

Dora, don't forget the heading at the top.

You can put in a copy of your statements as an exhibit say at 3.

I exhibit hereto copy bank statements showing that all instalment payments as per the Order dated have been made and that they are all up to date.

Send them separately or even better take them to the court and get a receipt.

Any questions come back.

HH x

Hi HH thanks for the above this went to court last week unfortunaley i could not make it through illness:( i have received a letter from the court today:-) it is ordered that the application for charging order is struck out and the charge created by the interim charging order is dicharged thanks once again for your help:)

Edited by Dorabell
spelling

Horray, another one in the eye for SCM and they can't even claim their costs for it, even better.:D

Even though you didnt attend their claim for a CO was struck out - I love it.

Dora, I only helped a little at the end, I have followed your post from the beginning and it is all the other Caggers who helped you through this that need the thanks.

Ring up the Land Registry in a few weeks and ask if the restriction has been removed, if not send a letter to SCM with a copy of the court order asking them to remove it. Make sure once you get the Office Copies from the Land Registry that it is in exactly the same form before SCM made their application.

Never miss a payment - not even by a couple of days because as you know SCM will try anything.

I am so pleased for you.

Hopefully the site team will change it to a "Won".

HH

Thanks HH :) and yes i do thank all the Caggers that have helped me:) with out there great help i would not have got through this:) and also a big thank you to Andy who i have been badgering aswell:lol: so once again all a big thank you:D

Hi Dorabell

Have read your thread today & realised I am in a similar situation to you now. Having read what Andy said at #412 just makes me wonder now myself if I should accept my miscarriage of justice done to me aswell with my judgement I was served this week for a hearing next week.

Your information posted is giving me food for thought & wanted to say how admired I am on being so accepting of it, you are truly remarkable. I wish you well MDAW x

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Hi Dorabell

Have read your thread today & realised I am in a similar situation to you now. Having read what Andy said at #412 just makes me wonder now myself if I should accept my miscarriage of justice done to me aswell with my judgement I was served this week for a hearing next week.

Your information posted is giving me food for thought & wanted to say how admired I am on being so accepting of it, you are truly remarkable. I wish you well MDAW x

Thank you so much :) has i said with out the help off Andy:) and the other Caggers:) i would have not come this far it has not been easy as you now a lot off worry and stress but dont let the buggers get you down fight all the way because you can only pay what you can afford:) good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...
Horray, another one in the eye for SCM and they can't even claim their costs for it, even better.:D

Even though you didnt attend their claim for a CO was struck out - I love it.

Dora, I only helped a little at the end, I have followed your post from the beginning and it is all the other Caggers who helped you through this that need the thanks.

Ring up the Land Registry in a few weeks and ask if the restriction has been removed, if not send a letter to SCM with a copy of the court order asking them to remove it. Make sure once you get the Office Copies from the Land Registry that it is in exactly the same form before SCM made their application.

Never miss a payment - not even by a couple of days because as you know SCM will try anything.

I am so pleased for you.

Hopefully the site team will change it to a "Won".

HH

Hi HH have rung the land register restriction has been removed by SCM thanks once again:D

Hi Dora I trust you and yours are keeping well

Are you all sorted out on this now?

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

hi all i need another bit off advice please again:???:

I have just checked my credit report, i have found the account that i had with lloyds who took this to court and won ccj in 2009:evil:{did defend but lost} this account has not been updated since 2008:???: they have started to update it now:???: it does not say ccj, just says it was defaulted balance, current balance, and the date it was defaulted on 2008, and file updated for the period xx xx 2011 i would have thout they would put a ccj on the account:???: i hope i have,nt confused you all lol:-) advice would be appriciated thanks:-)

Any CCJ will be shown in the Public Information

Section of your CRA report, if you are sure that

a judgement was made and it is not on the files

check with Trustonline(there is a charge).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Any CCJ will be shown in the Public Information

Section of your CRA report, if you are sure that

a judgement was made and it is not on the files

check with Trustonline(there is a charge).

Hi Brigadier thanks for your reply:-) its not showing up on my public information part, i have checked with trustonline guess what its not registered on there

either:???: im baffeled its to whats happening to all that money i have been paying monthly since november 2009:-x

Hi Brigadier thanks for your reply:-) its not showing up on my public information part, i have checked with trustonline guess what its not registered on there

either:???: im baffeled its to whats happening to all that money i have been paying monthly since november 2009:-x

Silly question are you sure a CCJ was granted, it would most certainly

be on Trustonline.

Is any one chasing you for this??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Silly question are you sure a CCJ was granted, it would most certainly

be on Trustonline.

Is any one chasing you for this??[/quote

yes i went to court sept 2009 lloyds was granted it i have been paying every month to them very confusing is,nt it

I think now the only approach is

a SAR to LloydsTSB , strange Carters

letter makes no mention of a CCJ.

Use the template letter from the CAG

library and amend it to suit, there is a

statutory fee of £10 and they have 40 days

to supply all the information they hold.

• 2 months later...
I think now the only approach is

a SAR to LloydsTSB , strange Carters

letter makes no mention of a CCJ.

Use the template letter from the CAG

library and amend it to suit, there is a

statutory fee of £10 and they have 40 days

to supply all the information they hold.

Hi sent for all the information on the above no joy yet still got a week or so thou still up dateing information on my file does,nt correspond with what i have paid to date

very confused:???: lol

Hi sent for all the information on the above no joy yet still got a week or so thou still up dateing information on my file does,nt correspond with what i have paid to date

very confused:???: lol

I can't say I'm surprised at that Dora, there are many odd variations on debts on each

CRA file, so the info should give us some clear (I hope) as to what the real situation is.