What should I do?

ChuckyWucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what Renzokuken suggested

Long and short of it, your entitled to cancel your order at any point before delivery, the manager is just trying to keep your cash in his till. I'd suggest ringing the helpline on your reciept, tell them to contact the store and instruct them to give you a full refund and cancel the order, make sure you get a reference number and the name and team number of the person you've spoken to. Go into the store armed with this, if they still refuse to give you a refund I'd suggest asking them to ring customer services, if they refuse to ring them, ring them yourself on a mobile and make the manager speak to them if he refuses he'll look very bad in the eyes of the rep your speaking to and you should have no problems getting them escalate it to the medics team. Once your done get the manager in question's name and if possible, rank, and write a detailed account of how he has broken company policy, and how unprofessional he's made himself and his store look.

An email will sit in the cue waiting to be looked at, they'll get 10's of thousands

time is of the essence.

phone the customer services (number in the earlier link), give the store name.

ask them to confirm the truth of the mater in a email sent to you if you want.

then go in guns blazing after the customer services have told you your right.

same link I post earlier.

He didn't buy it from the website, he bought it in-store. The website has to give him the option to cancel and return the order, that's the law. If you buy something in-store it's completely different.

PCWorld may have their own policy as Renzokuken has suggested earlier - however this is over and above your statutory rights and so something which they choose to offer themselves rather than something they have to do by law - that's why the website and in-store policies will be different.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

He didn't buy it from the website, he bought it in-store. The website has to give him the option to cancel and return the order, that's the law. If you buy something in-store it's completely different.

PCWorld may have their own policy as Renzokuken has suggested earlier - however this is over and above your statutory rights and so something which they choose to offer themselves rather than something they have to do by law - that's why the website and in-store policies will be different.

Hi,

So is this guy wrong:

DSGi store policy states that prior to delivery and 28 days after delivery, the goods may be returned or the order canceled for a full refund. If the goods are canceled after delivery then the delivery charge cannot be refunded, the goods must be unopened, unused and in their original packaging, unless of course faulty, which falls outside the scope of this topic. This is a company wide policy enforced both on and offline.

DSG don't stock custom built PC's so they won't be a custom job.

Long and short of it, your entitled to cancel your order at any point before delivery, the manager is just trying to keep your cash in his till. I'd suggest ringing the helpline on your reciept, tell them to contact the store and instruct them to give you a full refund and cancel the order, make sure you get a reference number and the name and team number of the person you've spoken to. Go into the store armed with this, if they still refuse to give you a refund I'd suggest asking them to ring customer services, if they refuse to ring them, ring them yourself on a mobile and make the manager speak to them if he refuses he'll look very bad in the eyes of the rep your speaking to and you should have no problems getting them escalate it to the medics team. Once your done get the manager in question's name and if possible, rank, and write a detailed account of how he has broken company policy, and how unprofessional he's made himself and his store look.

rez works in store and i wold follow his advice

the store manager is taking the P the 28 day unopened refund thing is store policy

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

So is this guy wrong

Not necessarily - as I said, he may be right about PCWorld's own policies (and he states in his signature he works for DSGi so therefore will have better knowledge on their policies than I do), I was just pointing out that if they do allow a refund this is more than you are entitled to by law, and I was clarifying why in-store policy could differ from that online. I hope that Renzokuken is correct and you get the outcome you're looking for.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help, I got everything refunded. The manager wasn't instore, he dealt with me. They phoned him up and asked him what happened, he told them everything he told me, then the Customer Services chap was also thinking ''what the hells he on about'' and I got refunded happily.

What do you guys recommend, I make a complaint? If so, how shall I go about doing it?

I strongly suspect this manager will be being talked to by HQ tomorrow.

If you want to do a proper written complaint go ahead, sent it recorded to DSGi HQ.

In it thank Customers services

and complain about the manager.

post recorded.

I would complain because what a "manager" like this will do when he finds out tomorrow, will be to tell off the junior member of staff who refunded you, even though he knows you was 100% within your rights under DSGi customer policy, and was in agrement with DSGi's customers services.

Well done on getting the refund. Very surprising that PCWorld do actually have some policies that favour the consumer, I normally hear of the opposite so this is very refreshing news.

What do you guys recommend, I make a complaint?

That depends - what outcome are you looking for?

Well done on getting the refund. Very surprising that PCWorld do actually have some policies that favour the consumer, I normally hear of the opposite so this is very refreshing news.

That depends - what outcome are you looking for?

May be a letter of apology, and a gift of some kind and the manager being warned/ or disciplined.

is that askin too much?

May be a letter of apology, and a gift of some kind and the manager being warned/ or disciplined.

I'm sure that if you complain they would apologise for the way you have been treated. If you have had to make additional journeys and telephone calls as a result of being messed around by the manager then you may want to ask them to consider refunding some of your 'out of pocket' expenses.

One thing to note is that if they do take any action against the manager, they wouldn't be able to tell you this due to the Data Protection Act, however they should be able to confirm that they have dealt with your complaint 'appropriately'.

By the way, looking at your posts in this thread your English seems fine, why don't you draft a letter here and let others help you to tidy it up a little?