What should I do?

ChuckyWucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I went PC World yesterday, and I ordered a Packard bell gaming PC package X 2.

They don't have it in stock, because they don't keep them in store. However, I have found another deal which suits me as paying 900 x 2 = 1800 is too much.

How can I get a refund? My items have not been delivered, they said it will take 7 days, and now holidays are here, so may be a little longer.

Can someone please tell me how I can cancel my order I and get it refunded please...

Edited by ChuckyWucky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.

I did that today, but the 'Manager' said that they dnt have some kind of change in mind policy. I bought two of these and paid for one using my debit card and the other using my credit card.

What options do I have? Apparently, they can't cancel the order because there is nothing wrong with it :(.

I'd get your credit card company to pull back their cash.

and go and harass the "Manager" on the debit card one.

I bet you can cancel as they are "not in stock"

No. They said that they do not hold the current machines in the store, they have to order from else where and then get them deliverd to me. If I get it pulled back from my credit card, where does that leave me? What can PC World do against me? Refusal of payment?

Also, I need to get both of these cancelled..

from the PC World website

"Cancellation (Delivery items only)

If you have chosen to have your order delivered, you can cancel your purchase at any time either

before or up to 28 days after delivery by:

+

+

Returning the product to one of our stores (please bring your receipt with you and the card you

paid with, so that it can be credited); following the 'Returns' instructions in your delivery

documentation;

Phoning us on 0844 561 0000- please have your order reference number and delivery details to hand;

"

PC World Returns, Cancellations and Refunds Policy

you can cancel, the manager is lying to you.

A- I assume they are not custom made to order?

B- they are being delivered to home, making them "Home Delivery"

you have the right to cancel as per their own policy linked in my last post.

go back with that printed out and cancel, the manager can not say no.

He said that the website differs from instore policy... and I do not have the product, it hasnt been delivered yet...

lol, thats bollocks, you cant have two sets of customer policies.

If you dont get satifaction tell him you going to the local trading standards.

A- I assume they are not custom made to order?

B- they are being delivered to home, making them "Home Delivery"

you have the right to cancel as per their own policy linked in my last post.

go back with that printed out and cancel, the manager can not say no.

Hi, they are not custom made to order. They are being deliverd to home yes. I quoted the website, he said its different to instore.... im so confused, and frustrated..

he is trying to confuse you.

go back with a strong willed friend and force the issue hard but fair.

when I have issues like this I am not a pleasant person to deal with when people try this crap with me, I will get my way, car dealers espsh hate me in the end, I get chosen by my friends to go along when they buy cars because I mechanicly minded (do own car maintance) and I shoot down car dealers trying to pull fast one.

stand your ground, and force him to obay company policy.

how old was he?

I'll bet he is just a supervisor grade with a "Manager" title

Go back and force him, or his senior manager to follow their own "home order" rules.

refuse to leave till you get satisfaction, make a scene, be loud, make sure other customers can her you, enlighten the other customers when they ask whats going on, be brave and firm.

Sorry, it's not what you want to hear - but unfortunately you have no automatic rights to cancel your order, and you won't be able to do a chargeback via your credit card provider as has previously been suggested.

If you ask nicely they may consider giving you a refund as store credit, but this is not guaranteed and is over and above your statutory rights. The advice you've been given in the store is quite correct - they don't have to give you a refund just because you changed your mind.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

DSGi store policy states that prior to delivery and 28 days after delivery, the goods may be returned or the order canceled for a full refund. If the goods are canceled after delivery then the delivery charge cannot be refunded, the goods must be unopened, unused and in their original packaging, unless of course faulty, which falls outside the scope of this topic. This is a company wide policy enforced both on and offline.

DSG don't stock custom built PC's so they won't be a custom job.

Long and short of it, your entitled to cancel your order at any point before delivery, the manager is just trying to keep your cash in his till. I'd suggest ringing the helpline on your reciept, tell them to contact the store and instruct them to give you a full refund and cancel the order, make sure you get a reference number and the name and team number of the person you've spoken to. Go into the store armed with this, if they still refuse to give you a refund I'd suggest asking them to ring customer services, if they refuse to ring them, ring them yourself on a mobile and make the manager speak to them if he refuses he'll look very bad in the eyes of the rep your speaking to and you should have no problems getting them escalate it to the medics team. Once your done get the manager in question's name and if possible, rank, and write a detailed account of how he has broken company policy, and how unprofessional he's made himself and his store look.

Edited by Renzokuken

Hi guys, thanks for the above reply, I appreciate it highly.

Renzokuken, where can I get the policy? I asked the manager for it and he said that i'd need to get it from customer services (surely he is lying).

I am going to ring them in the morning and go in armed. If it is possible getting the policy online that would be highly great full, as then I can print out the policy with highlighted important bits