Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as a rule, you need to put the account into dispute.

that is send welcome a letter for an explanation and give say, 14 days for a reply. then stop payments

this is a tricky subject to stop payment before this has happened and only you can answer that question but by the time ive finished with this, all info ref welcome will be removed from your credit files.

that i can assure you off

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i need to write to welcome pointing out the wrong totals and give them 14 days and then stop payments?

ive caught man flu from my husband so am abit thick tonight ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

excellent :D thank you very much hopefully my statements from the bank to confirm the other account will be here asap so i can shaft them in 2 directions :)

thanks again post :cool:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Your name

address

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields business park

ruddington

Nottingham

ng11 6nz

date

agreement number

dear sir/madam

after going over my agreement to modify my hire purchase agreement, I feel it necessary to ask some questions as to the validity of that agreement. I will try and simplify things to expedite this matter,

the amount of credit is £8953.08

acceptance fee £195.00

interest charge is £ 3293.81

the acceptance fee and interest charge together totals £ 3488.81

combine these totals

acceptance fee

interest charge

amount of credit

total amount payable £12441.89

this is to be repaid by one hundred and twenty monthly payments at £129.60

this makes a total of £15552

now take £12441.89 total amount payable away from £15552 and you end up with a balance of

£3110.11

now you can understand my confusion on the total amount payable, which includes interest and the repayment over one hundred and twenty months. It appears I am making an over payments of £3110.11 and require an explanation from welcome financial services.

I require your response in this matter with in fourteen days or I will have no alternative but to put this account into official dispute and escalate it to the financial ombudsman service.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxx

Ive done it in a way as not to arouse suspicion that you are getting help

send recorded

Brilliant thanks post it will be sent first thing monday :) will keep you informed

thanks again :D

Im looking forward to their explanation ;) thanks for all your help will keep you updated on the loan one re:dates as well as at a guess im guessing they cant just change the date on an agreement and put your signature on it?

Looking forward to them not being able to ring me about the letter either hahaha

letter all ready to go in the morn :)

update on loan agreement and dates

agreement clearly says jan 2008 im saying it wasnt it was oct 07 i have just found a picture of my children from nov 08 with the tv in the background..... the tv we bought with some of the loan money.....

if i can prove the agreement started before the date they say it did (by showing the money went in before the agreement was signed by 3months) would this make it unenforceable as obviously my husband wouldnt have signed that as it was 3months earlier....

advice please :) thank you in advance

Update:

Letter was signed for at 8.18am today :)

So do the 14 days start from today or the date of the letter?

Thanks in advance

Update on loan agreement:

the money was received into our account on 18.10.07.....their agreement is dated 28.1.08 so i is obviously not the agreement my husband signed as why would we sign an agreement 3 months after having the money??

Is this agreement unenforcible due to it not being the agreement signed?? the dates have obviously been changed by them as this is a copy they sent to us a few weeks back when copies were requested.

Help please !!!

even though this is another agreement??

nothing has been sent to them regarding this problem the car finance is the one thats had a letter....

no worries will get the squids to bed and do just that thanks post :)

Had a response from welcome regarding the letter sent (letter is in post #30) these are what i received -

img012.jpg

img013.jpg

well the figures from the original one compared to the reconstructed one are:

Original: Reconstructed:

Amount of credit (goods) £8953.08 £8953.08

Amount of credit (insurances) £0 £0

Total amount of credit £8953.08 £6403.66

Duration of agreement 120months 120months

Total amount payable £12441.59 £15551.74

APR 23.4% 12.93%

settlement

1/4 7637.96 7637.96

1/2 5784.67 5784.67

3/4 3273.01 3273.01

Termination:

5150.16 7775.81

Repossession:

5453.44 5183.91

There are no signatures on the reconstructed because shes obviously just written it out. What do I do now? Are they allowed to just say oh sorry there was a mistake you now owe £15,551.74 not £12,441.89???

Advice appreciated please :)

*bump* any advice anyone? Ty muchly :)

They can send as many reconstructed agreements as they like, they can't enforce unless they have your true copy. I would remind them of this, and regardless of what they say, send to Compliance only.

So the reconstructed one isnt worth the paper its written on im assuming as all she has done is change the figures to make them add to what my payments are......

I will continue to send to compliance....

What should i do now? Put the account into dispute as they havent justified what the extra amount is at all...

What would happen to the car whilst account in dispute?

thanks for your help

the 8953 is the ammount of credit

they tried to stuff you for an extra 3 grand

they have the original but to show it would need seriouse questions answered as this is frtaud.

thats why they sent a reconstructed agreement which is no more than bog roll,

no more payments to welcome now

seems my letter upset a few people

it appears maual figures are incorrect

tough

its a legal document and as long as you dont sign, they are stuffed

so what shall i do next post?

we got to the truth at last and that letter is a smoke screen

they have no claim on you so you dont have to give welcome another penny,

ever

th only way would be for you to SIGN a new agreement

how do you want to play this

i know what i would do but its your decision how to play this

first step is im cancelling that dd because im not paying another penny on an account thats b******t what are the options from there as not having done this before i dont have a clue.....

On speaking to my husband we want this agreement made history the car will no doubt need to be sent back to them as the agreement has only been made a few months ago so hardly anything has been paid off it id also like them wiped off my husbands credit report - whats my first step post?