Red Light jumping 'Evidence'!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I always thought that in situations such as these, where your vehicle has passed across the line, it is still legal to move on when your way is clear, even if the signal has turned from green to red; am I correct?

Only if it has completely crossed the line - all the way, including the back bumper.

If any part of the vehicle (including a trailer) crosses the line whilst the relevant lights are showing a red aspect, then offence is complete

BTW he's up in court tomorrow for it as he said the copper had an attitude and has made some errors in his statement to the court which my friend is hoping to highlight and he thinks he shouldn't accept the fixed penalty they're offering him.

It is important that the officer states that he has clearly seen the red lights - even in a reflection. It is not enough for him to state that another set was green and therefore the set crossed must have been red. Reasonable doubt can be brought if, for example, the lights had failed to light - there is no offence for crossing a red light that is not lit.

He must have already refused the FPN to have obtained a court summons. He should be aware that if he loses, it will cost him considerably more thna £60

if the policeman gave them a ticket they are bound to be right as police are all saints and never ever get anything wrong. Ever.8)

Do I detect a note of cynicism in this post??!!!

well we'll see tomorrow is the big day

watch this space :O)