Credit Card Killer - Buying Agreements

sohiab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

EDIT

I think the benefit here is it's instant and liability transfers to them so you can wash your hands of any debt. Though I wonder how this would effect your credit rating and how the lender would respond to this.

Edited to remove commercial link

Edited by saintly_1
removal of commercial link

Not paying a credit card is highly likely to adversely effect your credit rating.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I think the benefit here is it's instant and liability transfers to them so you can wash your hands of any debt. Though I wonder how this would effect your credit rating and how the lender would respond to this.

link needs removing as leads to a commercial site.

Edited by enamae
realised left link in

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Already reported enamae.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Already reported enamae.

how about post 6 :eek:. He's posted 8 links so far.I've reported to site but no one is on at the moment.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

I reported that as well. It is fairly late in the night and the people who moderate the site do do it in their spare time. It is not a paid position.

• 1 year later...
Guest Andy1969

I used the services of Basil Rankine and Momentum Networks Ltd t/a Credit Card Killer costing me £5k as at the time I saw no way out and was advised by my IFA and his Agent that this was legal and an alternative to other debt management services.

Well its now nearly 12 months later, I hear nothing from them and havent done for more than 6 months. Companies House states the company is no longer trading despite reciving millions through their agency set-up and I'm still responsible for all debts and my credit files couldnt be any worse.

I was stupid to trust these people, dont make the same mistake, if it it sounds too good to be true, it is.

These people have no idea how to run a business and I'm reporting them to Fair Trading and the police for fraudulant activity.

p.s. They are now stating that all previous services are withdrawn, yet no sign of my money back.

• 2 weeks later...

Liversidge v Broadbent [1859] - A debtor cannot relieve himself of his liability to his

creditor by assigning the burden of the obligation to some one else. Novation

required, not assignment.

Maybe you might have an action in tort against them, depending on your circumstances, for negligent misrepresentation,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy1969

Well, well, what a surprise - I found someone else who used Credit Card Killer they ended up in court with one of their creditors and despite Basil Rankines assurances that he would be there to support everyone in court. He nor anyone else from Momentum Networks Ltd t/a Credit Card Killer turned up... luckily neither did Barclay Cards lawyers, but the hearing was simply postponed.

If you can get out of an agreement yourself, do it - DO NOT DO AS I DID and use the services of Momentum Networks Ltd t/a Credit Card Killer and Mr Basily Faulty, you'll just make Robin Hood richer and you'll be in even more debt.

Guest Andy1969

Well done, you clearly didnt use the services of Momentum Networks Ltd t/a Credit Card Killer... check out their website, it even states they no longer sell previous services. Very probably due to the injunction found against them my the OFT. oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2010/43-10

Well done, you clearly didnt use the services of Momentum Networks Ltd t/a Credit Card Killer... check out their website, it even states they no longer sell previous services. Very probably due to the injunction found against them my the OFT. oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2010/43-10
hell no,