Whats my rights over deliveries that never happen.

Rwalrond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all , i wondered if anyone knows my legal position in reference to deliveries from online stores. let me explain the situation.

I ordered some products from a website - sweetsncandy , they used FED-EX to deliver , i came home and found a we missed you card , so i used their website as directed and re-booked the delivery for the next day

I then took a days holiday so that i could be home and receive the package.

I waited all day and no fed-ex arrived (I should also add that i left the we missed you ard outside my front door , signed and dated authorising them to leave the package outside the front door)

I finally checked on the fed-ex website at about 4 pm as i was still waiting , i was then truly dismayed to see that the package was on the website as delivery attempted , no reply and card left.

I phoned fed-ex who basically didn't care and wouldn't do anything to rectify the situation , even though i explained I had been in all day and had the card authorising the product to be left. They stated the driver had tried and had no reply.

I then contacted sweetsncandy who said that they would refund me (as long as the goods were in a resaleable condition) but as a delivery was attempted , they would not refund the delivery .

Is this right ? or should I get my delivery back as well , especially as I waited at home all day for the second attempt and never received it ?

Many thanks in advance.