Reclaiming Cascading Bank Charges

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

Lueeze- I think adridude is saying that because of the OFT re CC charges and that the LTSB bod saying they were fair that he has a case based on the fact that the person is saying charges are fair and OFT say No. I think

I thnk what you actually need is a ceo from abank or similar to stand in court and say it.

But unless he or she is entirely stupid that is unliley to happen.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

I sent them that as the majority of the refinance is what they owe me. Probklem is, it's been pointed out by another bank that the OFT only anniounced unfair charges on credit cards. If this is the case, im screwed.

Forget the OFT report, yes it was about credit cards but the banks do not have to take any notice of it so don't worry what it's about (although it does state that the same principles apply to bank charges).

Regardless of what the banks or the OFT say, bank charges are unlawful, so read the FAQ and start the ball rolling.

*Edit: I've just clicked on your link, i'm not sure this is the letter you want to send, what is it you want to do? Please read the FAQ before sending anything to the banks.

Please explain the difference between UNLAWFUL and ILLEGAL.

To my mind they are one and the same, it seems to me just to emphasize the severity of the offence.

i.e Illegal sounds worse than unlawful.

To me if you do something unlawful then it is illegal and if something is illegal then it is unlawful!!!

Correct me if I am wrong and tell me where you get your information from....

Regards

Generally (all though by all means not accepted in all countries, but is regarded as de-facto):

Unlawful means it's a civil matter.

Illegal means it's a criminal matter.

For the banks to breach a civil contract or not adhere to contract law is a civil matter and would be persued through the County Courts, not the Crown Court (or which a Magistrate Court is a subsidary).

Personally, I also believe that it's obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception, but to prove it would be difficult and proceedings would have to be brought against a specific person.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

IIRC, we have had one member who pointed out such a loan to their bank, and the bank offered a settlement in the sum on the entirety of the charges, o/d interest, and the original principal of the loan. You might be able to argue that you would not otherwise have needed to take out such a loan. However, given that you can provide evidence of the loan and evidence of the charges, it's a simple matter to make a sufficient case for this, especially if the amounts are of the same order of magnitude (e.g. £2500 charges before a £3000 loan might be successful, £500 charges before a £10000 loan probably will not).

Remember, in any claim in a civil court, you need to demonstrate that, on the balance of probabilities, it is more likely that the defendant caused your losses than that they didn't.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

yep. Buchannon, Clarke and Wells.

Lloyds seemed to have complied with my request to stop processing personal data. but now they want to pass it to county courts instead!

HSBC, wrote back and refuse to comply, Buchannon, Clarke and Wells don't care that they are in dispute and want me to spend more money on calling them, sending documents (meant for their client) etc...

I ahve told them, they can get a full, diariased log of events from their clients, HSBC, and if their client wishes to do so, can pass my corrispondence to them.

They dont care, sent a nasty letter saying that I am ignoring all attempts of contact.

How annoying!

I think people are broadly right here. You can claim for whatever you want but to be successful you would need to show that wat you are claiming for was a loss flow flowed directly and nuturally from their unlawful act.

Illness and distress and the like would be extremely difficult to prove as being caused by them even if your charges were your only debt.

I definately agree that people should be pursuing things like thew costs involved in having to take higher rates on other credit agreements of that have been caused wholy or in part by defaults resulting from unlawfully levied charges.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

• dx100uk changed the title to Reclaiming Cascading Bank Charges