Homeserve - don't do it!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On BBC Watchdog tonight (08/09/2011) there was a 'plumber' featured called Mohammed Shamraz. This guy was trained and employed by Reactfast, a company bought by Homeserve last year.

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a water heater which was installed in a new build flat and is about 4years old. I also have a homeserve policy which i continued after the 2 years was up with the developer of the flat. about 2 months ago my water storage heater developed a leak. It took Homeserve 6 visits to finally diagnose the problem. They are now saying it is beyond economical repair which seems to be their line to everything. I am not sure why a water storage heater of 4 years is considered beyond repair. It makes me feel as though i have paid insurance under false pretences. Is there anything I can do? The manufacturer of the water storage heater has gone bust.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my goodness I have read a lot of worrying things here about Homeserve and now feel to frightmened to let them any where near my boiler for fear of making matters worse. The odd few replies in favour of Homeserve do not make me feel any better. I suppose standards generally over all customer service will continue to drop as our country gets less well of in respect to the rest of the world.

I did send an e-mail asking about the cost of a service and they replied saying just admin department and to try somewhere else in the company, which to me does not sound like they are happy to serve.

I think I will probably just leave the servicing and save up the money for a local private boiler man. Some very worrying comments on this page and I don't think you can all be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Homeserve - one huge problem - their contract is not worth the paper upon which it is written.

We have a combi-boiler. We were told by their service engineer, that it was not "gas-safe", and required a new inlet gas pipe of a larger size. [The boiler's proprietary gas inlet socket was the size of pipe in use]. They demanded we had the larger size.

The boiler started leaking water. not gas. We phoned Homeserve to come and fix it. They refused on grounds that it was not marked as gas-safe in their database register, and then demanded an £87.50p call out fee if they were to come.

We have since had two gas engineers come in and who said it was completely gas safe.

Here is an instance how Homserve are avoiding their contractual obligations.

• 1 month later...