Argos Card Services, invalid CCA

lihi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Linds,

still having grief of these fools i see

Consumer direct are the untrained call centre of Trading Standards

ive had many arguments with them as they have often given out the wrong advice to our clients before they come to us, its quite frustrating as they operate by reading off of computer screens which is really helpful

i wouldnt bother with Consumer Direct especially if its a CCA mattter

you need to get hold of Trading Standards directly and speak to them,Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK go to that link and type in your postcode in the search box and it will come up with your local TS

they (Argos) may be breaching the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 so i would ask them to look at this side of it as well

As far as Argos are concerned, i would suggest that the only real way to go is , to look at taking them to court to have the debt declared unenforceable

i think that is the only real option in this matter im sorry to say

I wrote to Trading Standards a couple of weeks a go and they wrote back saying they can't deal with my case as an individual, if I send them all the info on they will pass my complaint to Argo's TS, I felt like pulling my hair out because their letter totally contradicts what you and the other TS said.

Feel like I'm chasing my tail, I just want rid of them.

I'm happy to take them to court, what's the process? Are there any good threads that can help me, I have spent hours every day trawling the site but I can't find anything that relates specifically or don't understand how to apply, I know there must be loads but I think I'm looking to hard and missing what's right in front of my eyes.

Thanks PT

I love CAG!

Okay.... I ordered last week a small claims court guide off the CAG site and my current plan is this.

I am thinking about going after Argos for Charges, mis-sold PPI (the woman didn't even ask me she just ticked the box and it was being charged to my card, admittedly I wasn't very good at the time with checking statements I'd just look at payment amount and put them in draw, as soon as I realised I got it taken off) the PPI wasn't incorporated into the interest rate as the rate isn't even on the agreement and I'm thinking about going for the removal of the interest for the agreement for the reason above because it isn't on the agreement.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I love CAG!

Okay.... I ordered last week a small claims court guide off the CAG site and my current plan is this.

I am thinking about going after Argos for Charges, mis-sold PPI (the woman didn't even ask me she just ticked the box and it was being charged to my card, admittedly I wasn't very good at the time with checking statements I'd just look at payment amount and put them in draw, as soon as I realised I got it taken off) the PPI wasn't incorporated into the interest rate as the rate isn't even on the agreement and I'm thinking about going for the removal of the interest for the agreement for the reason above because it isn't on the agreement.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi lihi,

Right, I`ve just checked your CCA, and it looks as dodgy as mine.

You say the interest rate isn`t on for the PPI, but I managed to read in the box that it costs 95p per £100. So, maybe they don`t need to show the interest rate?

I`d be very interested in how you get on with this, as at present my own Argos dispute ha gone very quiet.

Saying that, it has been a good month, maybe even longer since I heard anything at all, but today my girlfriend rang me at work to say my day had rang, and he said his neighbour has been getting calls from a Telegrams firm asking if they knew where I lived.

My dad rang the number and gave them a mouthfull. I Googled the number and it was CrapQuest. I don`t have anything going with these bell ends, so I was wondering if maybe it`s the Argos acccount on the move again.

I also rang them myself and abused them the best I could before they hung up.

I can`t remember, but have you had any dealings with CrapQuest regarding your Argos account?

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi

I'm glad you can read the agreement, it's as clear as mud to me, maybe my eyes have had it.

Okay maybe I will just go for mis-sold PPI as she ticked the box without asking (even if I was dumb enough to leave it for nearly a year before I noticed).

Had no dealings with Capquest, I had Experto for 1 letter, they can't have like my response as they then sold it to Incaso and I got 1 letter from then and after my response to them they sold it back to Experto who sent a couple of letters but have gone quiet after I said I was referring my complaint to my new local TS. I'm hanging off the letterbox for this court guide.

What the hell are these idiots doing? They must of got it out of the phonebook, thing is you should of ignored it because now they got a reaction from you they'll keep ringing your neighbour. Absolute fools! Send a letter to OFT cc (make sure you add it at the bottom of the letter) the original creditor and Capquest, it usually does the trick for me.

I love CAG!

Hellooooo again,

I bought one of those Court guides quite a while back, although I have never used it. The CAG did actually send me 3 because I never received the first one, or the second one, but I received the third one I was sent. How is that for service? Good for CAG, but absolutely garbage for the delivery service.

Anyway, the thing about your PPI is that they could just say that you ticked the box yourself when you filled in the form. Even if someone else did fill it in, it would be your word against theirs and you have been using the card, so it may go in their favour. Your probably best off just fobbing them off altogether. That`s what I`m doing.

Perhaps you might find this interesting reading (if you haven`t already found it) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants-8.html#post1704481

I`m thinking of maybe using this in a defense to lower any possible claim, should I end up losing. What do you think?

Right, catch you later.

Ciao for now.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

No I hadn't seen that thread, though I've read a few. Even if I had of ticked the box myself they certainly didn't keep to their promise as per the thread so I will use that against them. In my defence I have recently (post Argos agreement) been diagnosed with dyslexia so it's not unreasonable of me to have been unable to read these documents properly, she litterly ran though my address and personal details and put it through to rush it at the till. I'm prepared to risk it for their word against mine and I'm more than prepared to argue it as litigant in person at court especially when I know I'm right, and if it get's kicked out at least I tried.

Is the book good, I'm still waiting on mine, not sure when it's due or how long it takes but I'm literally hanging off the letterbox, I'm be chasing the post man next.

I love CAG!

My Argos account has just gone to Bryan Carter. :D

I started a new thread on it. Not too much to report yet, but I'm sure he won't hang about.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162356-fuzzybobble-bryan-carter-let.html

I only started it 24 hours ago and it's up to 4 pages already. :eek:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Mine went to Fredrikson and their empty headed Solictor wannabe, Carter also. It only took one letter to dispatch him.

Quite boring really :p

I look forward to these lot jumping on me unless I can take action against them first.

Has anyone started a CAG facebook group? Was thinking about starting one and spreading the CAG info and love.

I love CAG!

I'm on there too. Just look in for a pic with green lasers in the background and that's me. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related