Argos Card Services, invalid CCA

lihi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my first letter from Expedito saying that I have ignored all of their efforts to contact me and they will start legal action if I do not make contact. Sent them a letter pointing out that they have been ignoring me.

See what they come back with, I've told them that if they do respond in 14 days I will refer my complaint to trading standards.

I love CAG!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PT

Long time no speak, thanks for dropping in ;).

They don't seem to be taking much notice of any of the letters sent so far, they did sell it onto another creditor but they gave it back when they received one of my letters. If I've not received anything from them Friday then I will start preparing a letter to trading standards and get them to step in. FOS passed it to FSA and they were absolutely useless.

Take care

I love CAG!

I think my no CCA Argos thing is about to go to DCA number 3. How long does it actually take to get rid of them once and for all?

Would a direct assualt on Argos pointing out how naughty they've been by passing on a disputed no CCA account 3 times?

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I think my no CCA Argos thing is about to go to DCA number 3. How long does it actually take to get rid of them once and for all?

Would a direct assualt on Argos pointing out how naughty they've been by passing on a disputed no CCA account 3 times?

I`m on my 3rd bunch of empty heads with Argos, been going on for a year now. Doesn`t time fly when your having fun?

They are (in order of being a nuisance) -

1. Morecrap Debt Recovery - They recovered nothing.

2. Fredrikson International, Bespoke Debt Collection Services, Beyond Your Expectations - The numpties collected nothing.

3. JB Debt Recovery - Or should I say `BJ` :p So far, these knob jockeys have recovered errrrmmmm errrrr nothing. They have been quiet for the last couple of weeks again, so they`ll probably be thinking of something stupid.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi Fuzzy

I don't think they actually care if the CCA is incorrect, I've been sending detailed letters to these guys for nearly a year now and they take absolutely no notice of them, they will not respond in detail to any of the points I raise, just that my account is overdue, they offered me £60 off the account as a good will gesture.

When they realised I wasn't going to accept their responses they defaulted me :( and sold to Expedito, Expedito wouldn't respond to my letters either so they then sold it to Incaso who must have returned it straight back to Expedito on receipt of my first letter to them, I got lots of aggressive telephone messages which I blocked from choose to refuse and the odd letter from Expedito. If I have nothing in the post from them tonight I will start drafting a letter to Trading Standards telling them they have to step in.

Lets see what happens, not a lot probably.

I love CAG!

I've just read a thread somewhere else that has made me start thinking, do I have the right to request for the Argos default to be removed if it was added while the account was in dispute?

I love CAG!

I can't see any reason why not.

I was also wondering if it was worth doing the formal complaint thing with argos, as they have no CCA but still send out the debt to 3 dca's.

Be interesting to see their feeble excuses.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Argos don't make feeble excuses, they completely ignore all legal points raised in letters. Their letters are the most vague I've ever come across, I'm justing starting to prepare a letter to trading standards to ask them to tell Expedito to accept my f&f or back off. Will post on here once prepared.

I love CAG!

Hi lihi,

Out of interest, how much are you offering as a F&F? And how much is the outstanding balance?

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi NP

Balance is £1400 and I'm offering 25% at £339 roughly, when I lived in Kent the lady told me it was my right to offer them nothing but I see it as a bartering tool and I just want them gone minus the default or I can kiss my chances of getting a decent mortgage goodbye.

I love CAG!

I understand what your saying, I`m challenging a £2600 balance, which has charges and PPI both mixed in to one payment on the statements, so I can`t make any sense out of it. I`m not giving it with this one though.

The fact is, even if you do pay a F&F, they won`t clear your Credit Reference. It will still show as partially paid, and sooner or later, someone else will start chasing you up for the remaining balance, even if you think you`ve squared up.

So if that is the case, is it really worth a F&F offer?

N.P

• Haha 1

If I thought they were going to rip me off then no its not but I want them to see how serious I am about disputing this so that they come to me with a settlement offer to be rid of me. I will get there, its a blinking game.

I love CAG!

If I thought they were going to rip me off then no its not but I want them to see how serious I am about disputing this so that they come to me with a settlement offer to be rid of me. I will get there, its a blinking game.

Hi lihi,

Thanks fair enough, but it will still go down on your Credit reference as `Partially Settled`or `xxxxxx Still Outstanding`.

I`m sure others will agree with me on this, unless you get it in writing that they will delete all content from your Credit Reference, including late payment markersa etc etc....

N.P

I've noticed on a lot of threads that even when they've agreed in writing they've wriggled out of removing the data, I've been careful in so far I have included within every letter that mentions my offer that the condition is they delete any entry made on my credit file, they've also done a big no-no in that they've entered a default against me whilst they were fully aware that the account was in dispute though I'm sitting tight on that for now.

I love CAG!

Well, like I said. They won`t clean up your Credit Reference for you. A Full & Final will only show up as a Part Paid, or something to that extent. Then some other knob jockeys will start chasing you for the remainder.

Your best off giving them nothing, and telling them to zero the balance. They`ll still trash your Credit Reference, but at least they won`t have fobbed off with your cash.

Well, like I said. They won`t clean up your Credit Reference for you. A Full & Final will only show up as a Part Paid, or something to that extent. Then some other knob jockeys will start chasing you for the remainder.

Your best off giving them nothing, and telling them to zero the balance. They`ll still trash your Credit Reference, but at least they won`t have fobbed off with your cash.

worked for me, but now I still have Fredericksons and not far away Bryan Carter on my tail. But hey I want a decent radio controlled helicopter to play with and Bryan is the man with the cash to buy me one.

Hey Bryan. Come play with the FB gang if you dare. :p

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

worked for me, but now I still have Fredericksons and not far away Bryan Carter on my tail. But hey I want a decent radio controlled helicopter to play with and Bryan is the man with the cash to buy me one.

Hey Bryan. Come play with the FB gang if you dare. :p

Hi fuzzy,

We`ll have to stop meeting like this :D

What worked for you exactly?

I wouldn`t mind a radio controlled Airwolf myself, can`t afford one though, unless I win against Lloyds and I don`t have to pay them anything, HEH HEH.

I saw a radio controlled Airwolf on youtube recently. Type in "airwolf radio controlled" in the search thing to find it. It's massive and looks like the real thing. Even has the retractable landing gear.

All I want is the Esky honey bee king. 6 channel RC, gyrosocope, loads of spares in a aluminium flight case. You can even plug the transmitter via USB to your computer and learn to fly before you get the real one out and risk crashing it.

£140 delivered on Ebay.

Hope you're reading this Bryan Carter, as this is what I'm spending my costs cheque from you on when the time comes. + a few nights out at the pub too. :D:D:D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter back from my new local trading standards, these guys really were my last hope (unless there's anyone else I can complain to?) they're saying they don't take on individual cases but if I send them all the info they will discuss it with Argos local TS in Milton Keynes.

I'll go and copy all the stuff again but I feel like its hopefull especially if they're not going to help me specifically. Will consumer direct help?

I love CAG!

Received a letter back from my new local trading standards, these guys really were my last hope (unless there's anyone else I can complain to?) they're saying they don't take on individual cases but if I send them all the info they will discuss it with Argos local TS in Milton Keynes.

I'll go and copy all the stuff again but I feel like its hopefull especially if they're not going to help me specifically. Will consumer direct help?

You could try the FOS very occasionally they'll contact Argos, give them a telling off, and then Argos will send a letter closing the account and not send it to any DCA's. :rolleyes:

Worth a try anyway. You may be one of the lucky ones.

I'm going to be trying it, but not until I've had my pound of flesh from Bryan Carter.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I've already tried FOS they sent it straight to the FLA who tried to act as mediater (can't spell) rather than review the account and confirm the facts. They just disappeared off the scene. Before I moved my local trading standards said once I'd exhaused all other avenues then I was to come to her and she would take it on but of course I've moved now and my new local TS are saying they don't deal with individual cases, I am very confused now. Are consumer direct the same as TS?

I love CAG!

Thanks 42man, interesting thread.

I have read lots of other threads and wondered if based on the CCA being incorrect if I have a court case for the removal of interest (as it is not set out within the agreement, PPI as I never requested it, and charges).

If I could get rid of these and apply a fair amount in costs as Argos have been so evasive making it take a year to get this far then I'd quite happily pay off the balance. I'm also more bothered about the default as it's recently been applied and I would like to get a mortgage one day.

Does anyone have any thoughts or know what any threads of sections that I can apply?

I love CAG!