Capquest NOA for old Cap1 Card Debt

overdone2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not yet no.

when did you last use/pay it?

have you moved since taking the card out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I have moved in the last few years but this is posted to my new address. I do not owe this to cap one.  Both of my cards with cap one are in order.  I suspect this refers to an account with vanqis I reneged on four or five years ago. Is is confusing as I have to establish what this debt is about.

doesn't matter if they are writing to you where you are now...

if YOU did not IN WRITING inform cap1 of your new address then you are in big danger of a backdoor CCJ.

however ofcourse lowells know your address as they tried to get you in court for your newday card...so take your pick.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest NOA for old Cap1 Card Debt

Type 2 lines on a piece of paper ' My current address is xxx xxx' Signed your name.

Then put in an envelope, send to the address on the letter they sent you

Go to post office and post, making sure you get proof of posting.

It's that simple, then you can put this to the back of your mind. Just make sure you open your mail in case you receive a letter of claim, but that might be 1, 2 5 or never years away.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

copied from your credit file...

but you have not legally informed them in WRITING...so backdoor CCJ to an old can be legally served and attained by default.

as i said your call...

dx

and they

They are making an educated guess as to your current address, based on the Electoral register etc. Under English law you have zero redress if the Claim form went to your old address, and are issued a CCJ by default without your knowledge (AKA a backdoor CCJ). It will be assumed that you tried to run from your debt by not informing your creditor. 10 minutes spent on a simple written one liner, could prevent this and save you a further 6 years ruined credit. This is the best advice you will get anywhere.

Also bear in mind that most DCA's base their business model on the fact that most people don't bother correcting their address if they move, because an uncontested CCJ is nice easy money for them. Capquest included.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your information.  I take your point thoroughly. I wonder why they have written to me here though. Is it to lure me into a state of false security perhaps?

penny doesn't drop with you does it.........

if you dont reply, then its a green light to raising a court claim and a guaranteed backdoor CCJ default judgement for them using your old address.

and they

Their actual letter...

21 June 2023

Capquest

Dear Overdone 2

Notice of assignment

Please read this notice carefully as it contains important information about your account with reference number xxxxxxxxx

As of 31 May 2023, your Credit card account (previously between you and Capital One with a reference number of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has been assigned from Capquest Investment to Intrum Poplar designated activity company.

On this date all the rights and obligations of Capquest Investments LTD as owner of the debt. Transferred to Intrum Poplar Designated Activity Company.- and the balance on your account was £21xx.xx. Any payment made on the date of assignment have been forwarded to Intrum Poplar Designated Activity Company. At the same time, Intrum Poplar Designated Activity Company decided to appoint Cap Quest Recovery LTD as the administrator of your account. This means that going forward, all communication in relation to this account which you would normally receive from the account owner will come from Cap quest directly.

At present your account is being managed by Opus LTD and they will continue to do so until we notify you of any changes to the servicing arrangements. For support with your account please contact Opus LTD. Their contact details are 2nd floor, 15 Meadowbank street, Dumbarton,  0141 428 3990

Cap quest Debt Recovery

Yes the penny did drop. Im sorry I did not make that more clear to you.  I shall officially notify Cap Quest that this is my new address.

21 June 2023

Capquest

We are writing to let you know that on 31st May 2023 we (Capquest Investments Ltd) assigned ownership and legal rights to your credit agreement previously between you and Capital one to Intrum popular design Activity company.

As Intrum Popular Design Activity Company will now own all interest and rights to the credit agreement, they have appointed Cap Quest Recovery Ltd as an administrator of your account going forward

The outstanding balance at the time of assignment was £21xx.xx. Any payment made towards the balance should now be paid towards Cap Quest and any payments made to Capquest Investments Ltd will be forwarded to Cap Quest.

There is nothing you need to do as a result of this change. Please read the enclosed letter from Cap Quest issued on behalf of Intrum popular design activity company which gives further details on the transfer and further details on the transfer and further information on what this means to you.

As a result of the change in ownership and in line with the data protection act 2018, Cap Quest is now the controller of your personal data contained in the records of this account. Capquest Investments LTD will no longer control or process any further personal data in relation to your account.

Cap Quest Investments LTD

not sure why you bothered to type out 2 letters?
we know what a NOA looks like 

and they

There are two addresses at the bottom of their letters though.  You will know better than I do which address to post the official notification of my current address.

12 Booth Street Manchester M2 4AW

The Omnibus building, Lesbourne Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7JP

see the FCA register.

dx

and they

"Capquest Debt Recovery Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 03772278. Its registered office is Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW. "