Capquest/drydens - old Cap1 debt - been paying but pressure recently increased

FedUp45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I’ve recently been contacted by Drydens Fairfax who are putting pressure on me about a very old Capital One balance (more than the double the statute barred period but I couldn’t get any joy with the unenforceabilty that I had with other cards back in the day.). Therefore I have been consistently paying a small sum, increasing it from time to time. 

The question I have is this.

If I make an offer of partial settlement, would it still go against me on my credit score after all this time?

Or because it is still a live debt it would still count?

I work in places were a good great credit rating is important so this is a key factor for me, and my credit score has fully recovered.

Thanks in advance.

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell And old Cap1 debt - been paying but pressure recently increased

why are you being a DCA cash cow and blindly paying someone for a debt that has ZERO legal powers to do anything to you and are NOT BAILIFFS and never can be for a debt they bought for 10p=£1 but charging you the full value??

no it cant come back on your file.

a debt vanishes from your file when the registered default via a default notice the original creditor sent you, reaches it's 6th b'day. paying or not, paid or not.

about time you sent them a CCA request to prove they hold a signed enforceable agreement from when you took the card out... on most historic debts no paperwork has existed for years!! NO CCA = NO PAY!!

hope you are not blindly being a DCA cash cow on any other debts too!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as simple as stated sorry...

a debt collection agency (DCA) like capquest or ANY DCA has no more legal powers than you or i if we think we are owed money...raise a court claim. thats no special or different legal powers than us joe public

just because people fall for their cleverly worded letters that they NEVER READ PROPERLY..that dont say WILL anywhere... they think they have some magical powers they dont...and 99% even think they are BAILIFFS. which they can NEVER be. they can only ever be sent by a court if you lose a claim.

CCA request time, they have 12+2 working days, if they fail to reply with documentation that we can check here for you (or you can by reading threads - type cash cow in our search top right red banner) you cancel their DD and totally ignore them till they comply. pigs might fly too..

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest/drydens - old Cap1 debt - been paying but pressure recently increased

Addressing your major concern first, this debt has long since dropped off any Credit Agency file, and will have ZERO effect on your Credit Score / Rating, forever invisible to any Employer or Creditor. This cannot be changed by anybody.

The DCA's use wording that make them sound like Bailiffs, to scare people into paying even small sums that spin out the Statute Barred date to infinity. Imagine how much money they make from thousands of people sending in even a fiver per month!

As for the moral aspect, you're just a line on a spreadsheet brought for a few pence in the £ by the DCA from the Original Creditor, so don't let that give you sleepless nights.

I predict there is absolutely zero chance of them coming back with a CCA, after more than 12 years Just make sure your current address is on the CCA also and very likely no more payments for you !

The only other thing to add, is make sure whenever you move send the DCA confirmation of your new address in writing !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Hope you are keeping well.

yesterday was day 9 of the 14 allowed and I received my Postal Order back with a short handwritten note on PLAIN paper saying 

"Hi, The enclosed postal order is no longer required. Thanks"

I assume this means they can't find/access it.

What do I do now?

Send them a letter or just ignore them from now on? 

Thanks in advance

PS - forgot to say, they also returned my letter along with the note and the PO

as arrows always do for every CCA they get, if you go read like threads here.

yours is not the next moved.

• Like 1

and they

They always do that, don't go losing any sleep over this one  and certainly don't go paying them anything.  Just make sure you open all your mail, aside from that don't do anything. I'd say it's highly unlikely this goes anywhere.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Hi friendly experts, 

Thanks again for your help with this so far.

Update: After hearing nothing since my PO was returned, I received a letter this week from CAPQUEST (not DrydensFairfax) Saying that my "debt" has been sold to Intrum Poplar Designated Activity Company. It then goes on to say that DrydensFairfax will continue to service my account. 

What, if anything, does this change? 

Thanks in advance!

scan it up please.

looks like intrum are now part of the arrows group then. i did wonder when i saw something akin the otherday.

dx

and they

cannot open the 1st one, but it looks like the arrows group has been bought out by intrum..interesting

safe to ignore until/unless you ever get a letter of claim.

• Thanks 1

and they

WWW.INTRUM.CO.UK

Credit management services company Intrum has completed the acquisition of the Capquest and Mars UK servicing platforms from European fund...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread