Recently purchased TV

sammy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased a new TV from Comet. I thought I was being really clever by play Currys off against Comet and got £50 off the price of the TV. We brought the TV home the same day to avoid delivery charge. But several days later while looking on the web my husband found the same TV on the Comet site at a cheaper price than we had paid. Can we do anything about getting a refund on the difference? , or have I just learnt a lesson the hard why.

unless they have something on the website which states that its an online promotion only, you should be able to get the difference back

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

they have special online prices. They will not price match between their stores and their online sevice. They can afford this because they have fewer overheads. However, how much cheaper is the television? Remember you have to add the cost of postage onto the cost of the television if its ordered online.

If you want to go for the tv online, i would suggest phoning the store and ask them to return it because you are less than happy with the television and ask for a full refund, then order the one online.

Now you see ordinarily I would agree with this but if I may play devils advocate here from another thread. If this cost overhead excuse is the case then how can PC World match the online price from their own website it doesnt make sense to me.

I suspect that Comet etc are just cashing in again because they can charge that in store and people will shop there but the people who shop online wont pay those prices