ok generalisation of what to do

fred2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was going to do a reply, but I can't be bothered any more.

What the hell has the 'tax man' got to do with anything?

What has buying bits for personal use got to do with anything?

Your just sticking a pin in a directory and incorporating the word that it sticks in aren't you?

just proves your lack of knowledge people. and when you dont know something.. you insult.

get a business degree and then you will understand about tax, to understand why i occassionally visit a pcworld store for purchases instead of ordering direct.

dont advise anything if you dont know all the facts. or atleast be willing to learn the facts.

quick bit of knowledge about suppliers to help you understand why i occassionally purchase from retailers

some suppliers set up accounts for retailers. where they produce VAT receipts and such. at the end of the financial year they give the retailer a VAT summary which the retailer/sole trader can then pass to the taxman which illeviates the pressure of having to pass hundreds of individual vat invoices.

yes the taxman can then investigate further and request the individual invoices and if there are any indescrepencies such as personal purchases under the business VAT claims then this can go against the sole trader either by black listing them to require to provide even more indepth proof of purchases in the future financial years. or in the form of a fine for tax fraud.

so to avoid the hassle in the increasing amount of paperwork i would have to provide in the future just for the reason of saving a couple of quid. id rather give my money to a competitor then create hassle for myself.

again i cant wait to see your next insult where you dont use your brain to learn about what people mean. just insult them because you dont understand.

cavemen learnt to respect each other, maybe its your turn to learn a few facts and be able to understand to then be able to respect

Fred you haven't a clue at all what your talking about and I am loath to believe you have any sort of business knowledge let alone a degree.

If you did know anything about business, then you would also know that you buy something for personal use from a trade source, put it through your books and then sell it to yourself at a discount.

If you can get an item trade for £5 and they retail for £10, why go to some other shop and pay £10 when you can buy it for £5 and sell it to yourself for £5.50p +vat. I do it all the time and neither the vat man nor the tax man minds at all.

Of course there are other legal and simpler ways to do it, but that is to show you one way to do it.

Fred you haven't a clue at all what your talking about and I am loath to believe you have any sort of business knowledge let alone a degree.

If you did know anything about business, then you would also know that you buy something for personal use from a trade source, put it through your books and then sell it to yourself at a discount.

If you can get an item trade for £5 and they retail for £10, why go to some other shop and pay £10 when you can buy it for £5 and sell it to yourself for £5.50p +vat. I do it all the time and neither the vat man nor the tax man minds at all.

Of course there are other legal and simplar ways to do it, but that is to show you one way to do it.

clever you, WOW your intelliagent. shame you still have not asked the question what do i buy in pcworld and what do i sell in my shop. shame you not ask do i stock what i wanted to buy in pcworld.

shame you not ask if i had to specially deliver that certain product which i do not normally stock instore, what the delivery time was, delivery cost or anything else.

imagine this. maybe if i want something my suppliers have or i have in my shop i do what you already advise. but occassionally like i said in my post there is a item i do not stock and from a different supplier.. again do you honestly think a small shop can sell the variety of products a retail chain like comet, argos or pcworld can. ever thought that i may have needed that said product that day or at the latest the next day and because it was not onhand in my shop. ever thought i may want this product at a weekend when i have weekends off and dont want to go into work.

i had two choices.

special delivery the product paying extra for delivery(saturday delivery charges), hoping that the royal mail deliver it on time. or buy it from a competitor and save hassle, agro and not have to mess around with paperwork by ordering it to the shop as stock and then create a sale on my day off.

shame you only presume you know everything but know only a limited one sided amount.

try asking questions before offering advice.

many thanks for your advice. shame its not valid in this case.

if you asked me some questions you may have given me some valid usable advice. shame

clever you, WOW your intelliagent. shame you still have not asked the question what do i buy in pcworld and what do i sell in my shop. shame you not ask do i stock what i wanted to buy in pcworld.

shame you not ask if i had to specially deliver that certain product which i do not normally stock instore, what the delivery time was, delivery cost or anything else.

Probably because you were the one ranting on about the taxman and personal sales.:evil:

Caught out, so you insult Conniff's reasonable explanation and then spin off on a completely different tirade.

I am perfectly sure that Conniff would agree with me when I say that I really don't give a stuff about what you may or may not have bought in PCW, and why.

And you still need to get that keyboard repaired - it still seems not to have any upper case...

Probably because you were the one ranting on about the taxman and personal sales.:evil:

Caught out, so you insult Conniff's reasonable explanation and then spin off on a completely different tirade.

I am perfectly sure that Conniff would agree with me when I say that I really don't give a stuff about what you may or may not have bought in PCW, and why.

And you still need to get that keyboard repaired - it still seems not to have any upper case...

Yes I agree except I was going to say 'give a monkies', but 'give a stuff' will do nicely.

You wander away in your mind like a little boy playing with tin soldiers fred, I bet you're under the bedclothes right now with a torch reading the Beano.

Michael you are awful, but I like you.

my explanations are simply to prove that you never ask enough questions or research the whole picture. you all simply presume.

and when you get it wrong you revert to insults.

i am not writing a formal letter or a legal document so i see no reason to have to bother with proper grammar.

forums are like text messages and personal comments. formality it not a essential requirement.

so instead of insulting my grammar or my advice without knowing all the facts. atleast do something you lot seem to lack. research and ask questions.

do not offer advice if you dont know the full picture.

this post was originally about consumers options when things go wrong and valid advice about fast solutions too. yes there are other options like demanding staff do their job and then filing a small claims if not. yes there are manufacturers guarantees as well as the retailers own engineers. yes the store could fix it with parts instore.

but the advice is proven as a fast and easy, less stressful solution which does fall within soga guidelines and will result in a more prompt remedy.

yes there are more then one solution. but following gyzmo's and patdavies advice which is to avoid call centre helplines, avoid calling engineers direct, avoid using guarantees which dont affect consumer rights limits consumers choices and only offers a remedy involving wasted time, queuing and stress.

we have all shown proof that dealing with retailers staff can become stressful, the only straight forward remedies are the ones that dont require getting sent away.

so why does everyone limit consumers options and choices why not offer more then one option. it is classed as being knowledgable and helpful to offer more then one choice. so do so.

or do you just visit this website to create court cases to increase the small claims totalizer???

answer the questions or insult my grammar. but remember insulting someones grammar instead of answering peoples questions just makes yourselves look small and un-intelliagent.

be helpful.

my explanations are simply to prove that you never ask enough questions or research the whole picture. you all simply presume.

Seems like you dont do enough research either

at the end of the financial year they give the retailer a VAT summary which the retailer/sole trader can then pass to the taxman which illeviates the pressure of having to pass hundreds of individual vat invoices.

VAT returns are done quarterly

and when you get it wrong you revert to insults.

Please note this perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

i am not writing a formal letter or a legal document so i see no reason to have to bother with proper grammar.

Except that it is extremely discourteous to anybody reading your posts

forums are like text messages and personal comments. formality it not a essential requirement.

Please see above. Note also that it signifies a certain contempt on your part that you simply cannot be bothered to write properly.

do not offer advice if you dont know the full picture.

And this is, of course, something that you would never do!

this post was originally about consumers options when things go wrong and valid advice about fast solutions too. yes there are other options like demanding staff do their job and then filing a small claims if not. yes there are manufacturers guarantees as well as the retailers own engineers. yes the store could fix it with parts instore.

Actually, you posted about only your preferred option; not options.

yes there are more then one solution. but following gyzmo's and patdavies advice which is to avoid call centre helplines, avoid calling engineers direct, avoid using guarantees which dont affect consumer rights limits consumers choices and only offers a remedy involving wasted time, queuing and stress.

I am not aware that I have ever given such advice. Once again lying about my posts

answer the questions or insult my grammar. but remember insulting someones grammar instead of answering peoples questions just makes yourselves look small and un-intelliagent.

No, refusing to post in a coherent manner; continuing your rants in the face of evidence; insulting others; lying about people's posts - that is what makes you look small and unintelligent (please note spelling)

if in doubt

if in doubt about the fastest and least stressful solution contact 0845 61 00 00 or ask instore about their OASIS guidelines.

ok pat read my original post. i quoted it for you. there are many routes to get a result above shows just one part of my advice. note the OR in it. does this prove that i dont offer single options.

stop with the insults. offer advice about the questions and statements in the posts not about how the post is spelt or the grammar used.

if you cannot offer proper advice and proof that the posters advice is invalid dont then use insults to make yourself look good. use proof.

if you are going to reply saying you do offer proof i would re-think your actions. some posts you do, but from a one sided perspective with only a narrow understanding of your proof. you keep on forgetting that consumers have responsibilities aswell as rights. and sellers have rights as well as responsibilities.

i can personally remember offering among yourself and overs a cash reward if you shown that you have visited a pcworld store and atleast read their aftersales advice.

i have also asked you to show proof by copying and pasting the paragraph in SOGA that says consumers rights are only limited to the original store/premises of purchase.

again you have not shown that.

until you do. do not reply to my posts. if you do then you are just trying to cause the arguments to continue. show your intelliagence and maturity by keeping your mouth closed until you can be helpful.

and replying with the standard statement that you are being helpful by replying is just again you trying to continue an argument. if you dont like the arguments then you have the power to stop. so stop and only reply when asked a direct question. and reply with only a direct answer.

again replying saying i should stop and leave. is just causing arguments because i wont stop. i will continue until other stop with the insults and start offering proper options and advice or if they cant, asking questions to get a better understanding to offer advice.

show your maturity if you believe you are so much better then me to have the power to move on and be quiet.

Seems like you dont do enough research either

VAT returns are done quarterly

yes. i do not want to waste time going into the ins and out of business tax and VAT. as it is going off the main point. but there are also reasons why at the financial year having a VAT summary can be beneficial to businesses.

ill explain real quick,

a yearly summary can help.. lets say a few years down the line they want to look back on your VAT records, the products you buy and the products you sell, etc. having a summary can save time rather then handing them hundreds of individual invoices.

again shows your lack of understanding and lack of questioning. you simply presume too much. i never said anything about VAT returns. i was talking about having proof for the future.

let me guess you believe that after the VAT returns have been processed you can bin/shred the paperwork. afraid not you are suppose to keep records for 5 years+ ever ask yourself why?? its just incase they need to look back.

i keep all invoices in a fireproof room and digital scans saved in a different location. ontop of that i keep yearly summaries in duplicate closer to hand. one because its easier to look through and also they dont take up as much space as the individual invoices so i can easily file them in arms length of my office.

no comments about the fireproof room!! i know what your imaginations are like. yes paper does burn so there is no such thing as a fully fireproof room where paper is involved. no i do not have fireproof paper. i simply have a metal lined room (like a safe) and all the records are locked in metal boxes. so if anyone dropped a cigarette or poured petrol in the room the only way to burn the invoices is to have the metal box open. i do not smoke or intend to pour petrol in the room. and i am the only holder of the keys so my employees cant unlock the boxes to burn the invoices.