The meaning of moderation

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Ok I am pretty annoyed, certain moderators have seen fit to close threads, which they have placed messages on.

Obviously the term, moderator has not been explained - ok a moderator is someone makes sure that people do not fall outside the scope of a forum.

A moderator is not a powermad person, who posts a couple of times and takes a thread down - thats known as being a megalomaniac.

Dani

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just don't learn, do you:rolleyes: If you go around insulting people because their opinion differs to yours then sooner or later the posts will either get deleted or the thread locked.

This is an excellent forum and contributions like some of your recent one's do nothing but harm for the reputation of CAG. Why don't you go away and reflect on your posting style instead of moaning about moderators who, far from displaying megalomaniac type qualities, are actually doing a good job.

Rob S - I think the term go forth and multiply quite happily encompasses what I think of you.

I do not seek praise like you do, I merely lay the facts of the dvla's gross misconduct, to help people.

In other words **** OFF

:)

There is really no need for that danny ......

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Danny

Can you explain why you have had to post like this?. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I'm not aware of your own circumstances with moderators, but there purpose is to do just that, monitor the site and threads, to ensure that no unlawful foul play is placed in threads and no foul talk is stated, there work is un-paid and entails there own time. Moderators assist and take time to consult on other sites to help people in need of advice and guidence.

Thread users and moderators are here to help each other, to give information on there own personnel experinces and guide people in the right direction. Its like in any company/site/forum/place, there are people above people to ensure fairness and correctiveness. Without such moderators and of course people like us that use this site and other similar sites, these sites wouldnt be here, hence we would have no-where to go to seek such advice and assistance. :)

Cheer up Danny and just keep helping those that need it, we are not here to harm each other, there would be no purpose in that.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Danny

Can you explain why you have had to post like this?. .

Sure,

Ok I post quite reasonable posts about SORN/ANPR. Next thing I am suffering from rob_s and barracad.

All I want to do is let people know that the dvla, is not the be all and end-all and they legally have a challenge.

I only do this because I have experienced it - I just want to help people

Dani

Sure,

Ok I post quite reasonable posts about SORN/ANPR. Next thing I am suffering from rob_s and barracad.

All I want to do is let people know that the dvla, is not the be all and end-all and they legally have a challenge.

I only do this because I have experienced it - I just want to help people

Dani

Danny,

You posted absolute tosh about ANPR (and also failing to provide) and you got upset when it was pointed out that it was rubbish you were posting. Then you started to get insulting and now you have become abusive.

You say you want to help people, but you won't do that by giving them incorrect information. If you can't handle it when your glaring mistakes are pointed out then perhaps you would be better off not posting at all.

Oh i see. . Sorry i did'nt know..

I will have a look.

PM me your address and I will pop round and sort out your 'issues' unless you are a coward, which I think you are :-)

Danny you need to calm down a bit ok?. . You should read the site rules again. Have a break from here, come back later when you have calmed down ok?..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

there is absolutley no need for these sort of comments Danny,

Quite simply, if you cant find anything good to say then dont say anything

resulting to that sort of behaviour (ie Threats) is not what the CAG needs!!!!!

Regards

paul

Well said UK

Oh i see. . Sorry i did'nt know..

I will have a look.

PM me your address and I will pop round and sort out your 'issues' unless you are a coward, which I think you are :-)

Danny you need to calm down a bit ok?. . You should read the site rules again. Have a break from here, come back later when you have calmed down ok?..

Danny,

You posted absolute tosh about ANPR (and also failing to provide) and you got upset when it was pointed out that it was rubbish you were posting. Then you started to get insulting and now you have become abusive.

I gave you chapter and verse, legally - so now I think you got bumped on the head as a child as you cannot seem to understand.

[edit]

I gave you chapter and verse, legally - so now I think you got bumped on the head as a child as you cannot seem to understand.

Maybe you need a good kicking to wake you up

When you have to resort to abuse, insults and threats in response to challenges to your views, it makes it quite clear that your arguments were flawed from the outset.

I would suggest you do as others have advised you and calm down, as your thinking is far from rational right now.