The meaning of moderation

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi pt2537,

Thanks for the advice, however I have never threatened anyone. I merely give a promise of what I will do. As I suffer from OCD, unfortunately this will prove to be true.

Kind Regards

Dani

That is still a threat of violence

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i see Dannys point,

I posted before on a subject that i am a god at, and some moderator just decided it was insulting, libel. Yeah whatever mr Moderator.

I guess you know more about libel than i do. I was livid, i almost decided to just scrap the whole "i'll give advice in my spare time".

I get a lot of PM from people thanking me, as does everybody.

I think dealing with a problem and actually being a victim of circumstance is 2 different things.

My murdered Thread was something to do with a bailiff who came to my house and lied and cheated his way thru, unlucky for him every word and action was recorded, blah blah.

Moderator said libel, WHAT. Im getting bored just talking about it.

Moderators should actually wait until there is a complaint then kill a thread, not just decide its crap so scrap.

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Yeah i see Dannys point,

I posted before on a subject that i am a god at, and some moderator just decided it was insulting, libel. Yeah whatever mr Moderator.

I guess you know more about libel than i do. I was livid, i almost decided to just scrap the whole "i'll give advice in my spare time".

I get a lot of PM from people thanking me, as does everybody.

I think dealing with a problem and actually being a victim of circumstance is 2 different things.

My murdered Thread was something to do with a bailiff who came to my house and lied and cheated his way thru, unlucky for him every word and action was recorded, blah blah.

Moderator said libel, WHAT. Im getting bored just talking about it.

Moderators should actually wait until there is a complaint then kill a thread, not just decide its crap so scrap.

Cool - glad someone is supporting me :)

And you think that this is the 'rational' way to get your point across ?

That it will make you come across as a reasonable poster especially on a thread that you have started on the meaning of moderation ?

• Haha 1

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

And you think that this is the 'rational' way to get your point across ?

That it will make you come across as a reasonable poster especially on a thread that you have started on the meaning of moderation ?

sorry rational, went to bed when rob_s and barracad came in

No it doesnt, you cannot use force against another who is not deemed a threat or threatening you or others. if you have any comprehension of the law you would under stand that, i have the bill of rights,magna carta et al your point is what?

your responses are nice one minute and nasty the next danny, chill out please,

Whats the betting barracad will close this thread?

To be honest it would be helpful if he did in these circumstances as this thread really offers nothing except threats of violence which are unwarranted and not needed

Danny,

You know perfectly well why the thread was closed. You were warned by several Site Helpers and Moderators to refrain from personal attacks - you chose to ignore this. We have better things to do than edit and delete your posts so the thread had to be closed.

We can just about put up with the complete rubbish you post - even though the majority of it is dangerous and misleading and needs correcting, but personal attacks against other members are simply not acceptable.

As for the meaning of moderation, perhaps you should buy a dictionary. Whilst you're at it you may want to look up "meglomaniac" as you have a strange interpretation of what that means.

In fact, I'll lend you a dictionary if you like - you clearly have more need for it than I do.

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Danny,

You know perfectly well why the thread was closed. You were warned by several Site Helpers and Moderators to refrain from personal attacks - you chose to ignore this. We have better things to do than edit and delete your posts so the thread had to be closed.

We can just about put up with the complete rubbish you post - even though the majority of it is dangerous and misleading and needs correcting, but personal attacks against other members are simply not acceptable.

As for the meaning of moderation, perhaps you should buy a dictionary. Whilst you're at it you may want to look up "meglomaniac" as you have a strange interpretation of what that means.

In fact, I'll lend you a dictionary if you like - you clearly have more need for it than I do.

Totally Agree!!

if you allow people open access to your pc then you are responsible for waht they post so dont try the its not me line.

your posts are completely unacceptable and i hope that one of the Mods edit the offensive material

Look again. Or maybe your thread hi-jacker had second thoughts

Doesn't really matter to me, I have had enough. All I tried to do was help with DVLA law/legislation. Whats the point, if you get people like rob_s.

So I quit