Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fenny, I'm not trying to help anyone rip anyone off. We were ripped off by welcome lying, tricking, false paperwork and taking our money and doing a runner. We only want to pay what we actually owe....not the 'extras' they conned us into.

You openly admit that you used the exact same tactics to rip them off, but slate them for doing it too, to poor folk.

Well poor maybe, but with a bit of pride and dignity. we just want out rights, not free money. What you said and did just backs up what they just assume we all did.

Unfair, and not helping us.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cancelled my Direct debit because of a £25 charge, so guess what?

They phone me before every 30th/31st of the month to make sure I intend to pay. Last month they phoned me 3 times asking when I intended to pay, and then on the day of payment even though I have never missed a payment.

I can only imagine what they would be like if I missed one, but I suppose their tactics do work, cause as I say, I haven't missed a payment.

Just can't wait to get rid of the scumbags.

Oh for a lottery win (thats the only way I will get rid of them for a number of years)

I'm simply praying they go under. I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

And you know why they continually phone you? They charge £10 for the privilege!

How can they charge me for phone calls when I am up to date with my payments?

Are you sure about this?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

It's in their terms and conditions and if they're phoning to check payment dates etc., they may add these as charges. I would check it with them to make sure.

jamiethemac said:
Any what's going on with Cattles? There was a lot of speculation about them going under on an earlier thread

Their share prices have dropped drastically recently. Most prob because of the credit crunch and their banking licence application being delayed. They've also stopped lending apparently and have made redundancies.

Low-paid lose access to cash as Cattles restricts loans - Times Online

This is interesting Welcome have suspended all lending!!

chrisb333 said:
How can they charge me for phone calls when I am up to date with my payments?

Are you sure about this?

Yup they do, I have just got a full statement from them. £10 a call. One day I got 3 calls at £10 a shot:eek:

Ill be posting it on my thread on Monday at work;)

I have no arrears

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have lost a lot of income from people realising PPI is not worth it for them.

I have a car finance with them, car is great (got lucky but am now looking for some wood to touch).

I've seriously conned myself, as after all I accepted their high interest, and have been paying for over 2 yrs with no missed payments but loads still owing.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

I Realised my mistake and just wanted out so I executed my right (as per the contract) by asking them to collect the car after i paid more than half in 2005.

They charged me a fortune in interest just on the PPI, as well as the loan for the car.

I am now thinking of claiming back the money they robbed off me and the interest because they bullied me into taking out the PPI when i was so desperate.

I was made redundant in November 2008 and unfortunately still seeking employment. I only receive JSA (£60.50), housing benefit and council tax relief. The housing benefit is paying most of the rent, less £80 per month until 15th February and the Council tax relief is only £12 per week. At present I am in deficit of £60 per week.

I have two loans with Welcome Finance, one is a personal loan (£3689) and the other was for hire purchase on a car. I have succeeded in a Voluntary Termination on the car account, so it has now reverted to a none priority debt (£6002.26).

Since being made redundant I wrote to my local Branch and notified them of my financial situation and that I would not be able to make payments on the accounts for the time being. All started well with this, but they soon started phoning me constantly asking for payment, even asking me to BORROW money so that I could make a payment to them. With all this happening I sought advice from the National Debtline, who advised me on what to do. First thing was to ask Welcome to hold any action for 28 days and freeze interest and charges. This they refused to do. In one week the car account balance increased by nearly £100!!!

Still the calls persisted. I spoke to their Call Centre and they said I should speak to the Manager of the branch. This I did, and she agreed to not contact me until my circumstances change. Which is what I asked for in the first place. Still no mention of interest freezing though.

I then sent a letter asking again for charges and interest to be frozen for at least 28 days, offered a token payment of £1.00 per month and that all future correspondence be in writing.

Today, I received a phone call from the local branch, again asking me if my circumstances had change, even though it had only been three days since I had spoken to the manager. Again, he asked if I could BORROW money, to which I said he was out of order and acting illegally.

Should I know push forward with a complaint to OFT and the Financial Ombudsman? Or make a complaint to their complaints department first?

Any advice would be greatly received. These people are killing me.

can any one help with this i took the loan with welcome but land registy have it as progressive financial services can they do that my loan is with welcome den

This is what I found on the companies house:-

Name & Registered Office:

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

KINGSTON HOUSE CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK

WOODHEAD ROAD

BIRSTALL, BATLEY

WEST YORKSHIRE

ENGLAND

WF17 9TD

Company No. 00133540

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 23/01/1914

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6522 - Other credit granting

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2007 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2009

Last Return Made Up To: 24/05/2008

Next Return Due: 21/06/2009

Last Members List: 24/05/2008

Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name23/12/2002TELEPLAN RENTALS LIMITED27/10/1987REFUGE SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED01/12/2006PROGRESSIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITEDBranch Details There are no branches associated with this company.

I am relieved to have found this site and found the Welcome thread most interesting, my situation is that in Feb 06 I paid off a welcome car loan (for partners car taken out via YES Finance) and took out a new loan (i know seemed a good idea at the time) - since the loan was taken out there have been numerous problems with them - they tried to collect the direct debit on a differnt date to what was agreed usually a week or so before pay day so there was not always sufficent funds hence i incurred charges, the loan was then discussed with my husband without my knowledge or consent. In November 07 the property the loan was secured on was sold and welcome received a payment of £7k from the sale but say that there is still £10k left to pay - i cannot see how the loan was for £10k - can i claim the ppi they sold me and what can i do to get them to give me the right amount left? i cannot seem to get through to them - they want me to do a statement of means and thats come out of the blue from nowhere :confused:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks