Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a shame !!! Just to let you guys know im doing my bit from March 1st by refusing to pay Welcome any more money until i get a copy of my original Credit Agreement and statements of all the payments made on my account...Ive been onto them since Dec 08 asking for a settlement figure on a personnel loan i took out June 07 (yes i know i wish id never set eyes on Welscum) my wife and myself have just come into (very fortunatly) an inheritance that will sort us out no end financially. Ive missed just one payment since Jun 07 but now for some reason they dont want to play ball and give me a settlement figure nor no paperwork....So time to play them at their own game !!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome are I think trying to transfer as many accounts as possible to a new lender - so i guess we'd judt pay them instead - hope Welcome doesn't go down the pan before my day in court

Anyone know who the other lender is? Maybe they will use an incentive to get people to switch.

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Well I've just this minute received another phone call from Welcome, even though I have it in writing from the manager that I won't receive anymore. This time it was actually a person, rather than the automated voice - I just hung up.

Seriously these guys are a joke - Sol can't get rid of them contacting him, I don't owe any money they owe me and I can't hear hide nor hair of them funny that??????????

Yep, and no doubt they'll be adding £10 for each call. Well they can sing for it

Now at 4.42p. This must be the lowest they'v ever been?

bountyhunter - when did you ask for a cca and did you send your letter recorded - if you did and have proof of receipt I think they have 28 days to provide this - if they haven't done it by then it's tough luck on their part.

I am currently in the middle of a court case with Welcome over the mis-selling of PPI - they have filed a defence with the court and the judge asked me to respond to each defence point they have raised. My question is then how much information do I have to give them? I do not want to give Welcome all my information so they have time to this of a bulls**t story for the judge?

Also I requested a SAR from Welcome back in Septmber 08 and they have still not complied with this request despite me also sending a reminder - can I put this in my answer as surely they can't do that.

Lastly I have also aquired some information regarding these insurances since filing my claim that I believe will work in my favour - do I have to declare this information before going to court or can I just present it to the judge as long as I have the proof to back it up?

Thanks

MarkieMark said:
Hi.... I have managed to get a firm of solicitors who are going to take on my case against Welcome Finance.

They advised me adding PPI to the loan together with acceptance feee was breach of Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We not just getting are PPI back but issuing proceedings against then to scrap the loan.

I will let you know how I get on.....

Marky

Would love some more info on this I'm due in court with Welcome in March for PPI but I think my acceptance fee and insurance has all been lumped together - anything you've got I'd love to hear if you want to share.

Wooops and looks like Welcome finance wont make next week.

News on the market is Cattles/Welcome are in deep doo doo.

Almost 70% loss in one day on its already frail shares.

Time: 16:36

Cattles PLC

Bid4.10

Ask3.88

Price3.99

Previous13.25

Change-9.23 (-69.683%)

Where does this leave us people who have loans with these sharks?

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

he he they can get as nasty as they want....they aint getting a penny more out of me until i see some paperwork and if im not happy with the over -inflated settlement figure they are certain to give me ill tell them to go whistle......Lets hope we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Welcome Finance

No i wish id charged them for the four letters ive sent them so far asking for Credit Agreements, Statements etc.....I will do with the Subject Access Request in March.....i cant wait for the phone call asking "payment for march"....."Erm send me some paperwork and when i recieve it ill pay you"...until then dont phone me again cos i wont answer !!!

Perhaps that's getting them some extra cash by giving aother lender new customers? I don't know if I like the sound of a company lending like that though, especially as every other company is tightening their belts.

I don't think they'll disappear as quickly as April, so you should be alright.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks