Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Steven,

Will pm if required.

Have a nice day ...:)

Voda

I don't mind PMs - it's just safer to give advice on the open forum where it can be checked/reviewed/added to by others

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Just an update.

My phone number has been changed and I am still ex-directory.

So no more harassment calls....:D

Just received a FINAL NOTICE BEFORE ACTION letter from Rockwell regarding my time expired debt ....:x

The usual crap in it saying a Judgement Order may be obtained and if this remains unsatisfied, enforcement of your debt may be sought by one or more of the following.

1)WARRANT OF EXECUTION BY BALIFFS AGAINST THE GOODS YOU OWN

2)ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER

3)CHARGING ORDER ON ANY PROPERTY YOU MAY OWN

It really is high time that legislation was brought in to outlaw these slimeball firms who use methods that a back street loan shark uses.

Personally I think that Banks etc should not be allowed to sell on debts to 3rd Parties.

They took the risk lending the money and they should alone take the risk of the debt going bad.

This country in many ways still has bad laws regarding financial matters.

G' rrrrrrrrrrr

Voda

PS. Of course Rockwell know that the debt is time expired and can do nowt about it ......:lol:

PPS. Oh yes in the letter there was the usual threat of payment by the end of July to prevent legal action otherwise they will take immediate action against me.

Time for a rant, I feel, bit off topic but I am sure you will understand.

Over the last two week's I have received letters from Allied International Credit(UK)Ltd and Rockwell Debt Collection Agency relating to debts that are "Time Expired".

Of course, I ignore them (and in the past they go away and give up ) but then I get a phone call from Rockwell and put the phone down once they told me who they were.

I have now instructed my Phone Company to change my number.

It's time that Government legislated against these parasitic companies from contacting people after the debt is no longer valid.

The type of individuals who run and work for these firms should get proper jobs and not harrass individuals who have hit hard times.

So Debt Collection Agencies are at the top of my list of most hated organisations and people.

Have a great days folks and thank heavens for this forum ....:D

Voda

A debt would become expired after 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980.

The Limitations Act 1980 outlines the time limit within which a creditor can chase a debtor for outstanding debts. The Limitations Act 1980 only applies when no contact has been made between the creditor and debtor within the given time limit and only applies to residents of England and Wales.

Creditors are given a fixed period of time to chase their debtors, which is outlined in the Limitations Act 1980. The time scale mainly depends on the type of debt and can be extended at the courts discretion. The time limit begins when you last admitted owing the money or made a payment.

Should the creditor fail to maintain contact with the debtor, for a period of 6 years or more, it is possible to claim that the outstanding debt is "Statute Barred" under the conditions of the Limitations Act 1980

Some info on Rockwell:

Name: Rockwell Debt Collection

Also Known As: Rockwell Southend on Sea, Rockwell Debt Dollectors, Rockwell Debt Agency Ltd.

Address: PO Box 66, Southend on Sea, SS1 2GX

Telephone: 0870 6060807 (but you shouldn't phone them)

Fax: Not known

Email: Not known

Extra Data: Apparently they are part of Tessera (q.v.)

rockwell.jpg

Rockwell and the Truth About Your Debt

rockwell-debt.jpg

Rockwell Debt Collectors Limited is a debt collecting agency that has bought the debt from the original lender (or in some cases another debt collecting agency) for a small percentage of the original value of the account and is brazenly attempting to get the full sum of the original from you.

Rockwell Debt Collectors Ltd will use all sorts of nasty methods to extort money out of you in order to profit from you. You may already have experienced bad and terrifying experiences of them. They may phone you at strange times when they know it is inconvenient for you and on an unacceptably numerous number of occasions. They may send you official-appearing sternly drafted letters or cards threatening to send people round and collect the money in full or that they will take you to court for the full amount. Other strategies may include saying that they will make a charging order on your home or in some way bring about your homelessness or destitution.

4th.jpg

So ask Rockwell for a copy of the original contract when you took out your loan or credit card.

Even better, start an unenforceable credit agreement application enquiry. It costs nothing to do this and you are protected by the consumer credit laws.

Edited by Voda

First post, sorry it's a long one but any advice would be welcomed. I came across the problem below whilst trying to tidy up my credit file.

I bought a car from an independant dealer and financed by Welcome Finance in October 2001 on a 3 year term. In September 2004 they say they registered a default, however this shows as being registered in Dec 2004 and settled in January 2005. In early 2005 they take me to court and as I understood it were awarded a decree in absence. (I'm in Scotland).

I mis-read the only paperwork that I have in relation to this as an application to have the decree recalled, however it was an application for recall of decree of dismissal. (This was thrown out by the court)

In September 2005 without my knowledge (the papers were served through the letterbox of a house I wasn't staying at during this period) they are awarded a decree in absence.

They say I finally called at the local office and settled the account on November 15th 2005.

They have sent me a piece of paper saying that I paid a settlement figure which appears to have been signed by me.

However I remember refusing the settlement figure offer as I wanted to be sure that there were no blemishes on my credit file. (the manager agreed to this) However in the letter I have received they say "You were notified that a ccj had been lodged on to your credit file in Sep 2005 whilst you were away on holiday despite making the full and final settlement to your account"

The figure I remember and the figure they are claiming I paid are £500 apart. (I don't think they would have accepted a lesser figure given that they had the decree).

They have removed the default but say they are powerless to help with the judgement as they say I paid outside the 30 days and they wont give me a letter saying it was obtained in error. The court say I'm out of time to have it recalled.

The dates they are quoting and the amount they say I paid don't seem right. What can I do? (I don't have any paperwork on the basis of the assurance he gave me and the office is now closed.)

First post, sorry it's a long one but any advice would be welcomed. I came across the problem below whilst trying to tidy up my credit file.

I bought a car from an independant dealer and financed by Welcome Finance in October 2001 on a 3 year term. In September 2004 they say they registered a default, however this shows as being registered in Dec 2004 and settled in January 2005. In early 2005 they take me to court and as I understood it were awarded a decree in absence. (I'm in Scotland).

I mis-read the only paperwork that I have in relation to this as an application to have the decree recalled, however it was an application for recall of decree of dismissal. (This was thrown out by the court)

In September 2005 without my knowledge (the papers were served through the letterbox of a house I wasn't staying at during this period) they are awarded a decree in absence.

They say I finally called at the local office and settled the account on November 15th 2005.

They have sent me a piece of paper saying that I paid a settlement figure which appears to have been signed by me.

However I remember refusing the settlement figure offer as I wanted to be sure that there were no blemishes on my credit file. (the manager agreed to this) However in the letter I have received they say "You were notified that a ccj had been lodged on to your credit file in Sep 2005 whilst you were away on holiday despite making the full and final settlement to your account"

The figure I remember and the figure they are claiming I paid are £500 apart. (I don't think they would have accepted a lesser figure given that they had the decree).

They have removed the default but say they are powerless to help with the judgement as they say I paid outside the 30 days and they wont give me a letter saying it was obtained in error. The court say I'm out of time to have it recalled.

The dates they are quoting and the amount they say I paid don't seem right. What can I do? (I don't have any paperwork on the basis of the assurance he gave me and the office is now closed.)

Hi teegee im not knowledgable enough on the ins and outs of scottish law to be able to provide advice but you may get more help if you were to post here

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

This is my first message on the consumer forum thread and my major concern here is not only that people are signing things without checking the small print, but quite simply there is no avenue to realistically go down for many except to agree to the terms....

I understood it all and simply had no choice! i.e. with some defaults I had nowhere else to turn and had to relocate for work so borrowed £1000 to help me move up country. I cringed at the fact the original loan would be paid off within 6 months yet I would be paying for 24, of which the last payment was last month (:cool:).

I was also told that I would have to take out PPI or not receive the loan, in fact I was encouraged to take it out against my will and send in the cancellation docs within the statutory 14 day cooling off period. Of course that just turned out to be downright impossible! Has anybody tried contacting these people once they have taken a loan...it's not just a challenge, it's near on impossible....

Even though my last payment has just been paid I am almost expecting something to go wrong before I am finally rid of them completely. I have received not a shred of paperwork to say the loan has finished and am now in a situation where my car is held together with masking tape (legally I might add!) and will probably have bits falling off it if I don't get it changed soon..... Will I go back to Welcome Finance? It has to be said, if one agrees to their outrageous terms and actually sticks to them, it can be a seemless process albeit an extremely painful experience....but the answer for sure is.....NOT ON YOUR NELLY!

That said my situation is such that I still can't get a loan from mainstream sources even having paid these outrageous fees without a single default.....so exactly where does somebody in this situation go to get a fair deal??

Hi Finito

Welcome to CAG

I have put some coments on your post in red below

This is my first message on the consumer forum thread and my major concern here is not only that people are signing things without checking the small print, but quite simply there is no avenue to realistically go down for many except to agree to the terms.... that is the reason for the unfair terms legislation

I understood it all and simply had no choice! i.e. with some defaults I had nowhere else to turn and had to relocate for work so borrowed £1000 to help me move up country. I cringed at the fact the original loan would be paid off within 6 months yet I would be paying for 24, of which the last payment was last month (:cool:).

I was also told that I would have to take out PPI or not receive the loan, in fact I was encouraged to take it out against my will and send in the cancellation docs within the statutory 14 day cooling off period. Of course that just turned out to be downright impossible! Has anybody tried contacting these people once they have taken a loan...it's not just a challenge, it's near on impossible.... this constitutes mis-selling. You could claim back all the premiums and interest on the premiums on this basis (provided of course you haven't made a claim on the PPI)

Even though my last payment has just been paid I am almost expecting something to go wrong before I am finally rid of them completely. I have received not a shred of paperwork to say the loan has finished and am now in a situation where my car is held together with masking tape (legally I might add!) and will probably have bits falling off it if I don't get it changed soon..... Will I go back to Welcome Finance? It has to be said, if one agrees to their outrageous terms and actually sticks to them, it can be a seemless process albeit an extremely painful experience....but the answer for sure is.....NOT ON YOUR NELLY! I sympathise with that view. in fact you couldn't anyway as they have effectively gone out of business - couldn't happen to a nicer bunch

That said my situation is such that I still can't get a loan from mainstream sources even having paid these outrageous fees without a single default.....so exactly where does somebody in this situation go to get a fair deal?? Sorry, can't answer that. I can tell you where not to go, though

Thanks Steve

I have never actually heard of the unfair terms legislation, it sounds good on the outside, I wonder if it delivers and what it does for the consumer who genuinely needs finance and has difficulty getting it? If I hadn't taken on a welcome finance loan I potentially would have been left jobless....then where would I be?

You say I can get my premiums back? I would certainly like to investigate if you could tell me where to look....

Welcome Finance went out of business? ....that's karma at work....lol....

Oh and some tips where not to go would be great as I really do need to think of car replacement before I end up having to walk 6 miles to work and 6 miles back home again every day....I simply wouldn't have the energy these days.

Thanks for the answers so far. :)

HI ALL

ANOTHER LITTLE READ

Cattles PLC - Order of the Supreme Court

Cattles PLC

28 July 2010

28 July 2010

Cattles plc - Order of the Supreme Court

On 13 May 2010, the Court of Appeal unanimously upheld the decision of the High Court on the application of Cattles plc (the "Company") to seek a determination in relation to whether the terms contained within certain cross-guarantee documentation operate to subordinate the Company's claims against its subsidiaries, including Welcome Financial Services Limited, to the claims of certain bank creditors, as explained in the announcement of the Company on 13 May 2010.

Following the order of the Court of Appeal, Party A applied to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal the Court of Appeal's decision.

The Company has today been notified that, on 26 July 2010, the Supreme Court ordered that permission to appeal the Court of Appeal's decision be refused because the application to appeal "does not raise an arguable point of law of general public importance which ought to be considered by the Supreme Court at this time, bearing in mind that the case has already been the subject of judicial decision and reviewed on appeal".

Consequently, the application of the Company has been finally determined to the effect that the Company's claims against its subsidiaries are subordinated to the claims of certain bank creditors.

ENDS

For further information:

Margaret Young, Chairman, Cattles plc 020 7269 7252

Geoffrey Pelham-Lane/Paul Marriott, Financial Dynamics

The value of the group's loan book is now practically worthless, with the creditors expecting to wind the business down in the next two or three years when the few performing loans have been repaid.

I love it :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

what about my loan will it carry on with someone else they sent me amessage tellin me make sure the money was in my bank on the due date i have never missed a payment

If they sell it then yes it will be collected by someone else how long do you have left?

Hi everyone,

I have prepared my SAR to Welcome and do you think that this final version is OK as I don't want them being able to get away with not providing all the information I require :idea:

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD

COMPLIANCE DEPT

RUDDINGTON FIELDS BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

July 30th 2010

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject access request

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: XXXXXXX & XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by Welcome Financial Services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

To sum up, apart from all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time, I require:

1) Readable copies of my two loan agreements – Account nos: XXXXXXX & XXXXXXX

2) Copies of the Underwriting Sheet relating to my first loan agreement ( Account no: XXXXXXX )

3) Copies of all statements for both loans – Account nos: XXXXXXX & XXXXXX

4) Copies of all phone call notes

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the below address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

X

My address

Evening Caggers,

Just a thought regarding my SAR which I will post to WF early next week.

By asking for the Underwriting Sheets ( to find out about undisclosed commissions ) can't they conveniently lose the damning evidence :idea:

Voda

if you have not got copies of all agreements add that in too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Morning dx :)

:confused::confused:

I thought that I added that paragraph in !!!

See: 1) Readable copies of my two loan agreements – Account nos: XXXXXXX & XXXXXXX

or do you mean that I should also add to the SAR letter copies of all agreements ( as I have had other loans prior to the two in question that I am querying )

Cheers

Voda

if you have not got copies of all agreements add that in too.

dx

quite honstly i wouldn't trust them as far as i could kick them

i've read several threads where once the SAR has returned, customers have found additional agreements were done by welcome when they 'asked for lower payments' etc etc.

put your known numbers in AND include a line about and any other agreements under my name etc.

also make SURE you include any old addresses that you might have lived at in your time with them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much dx.

You and other members on this awesome forum are just fantabulous.

Have a great day.....:D

Voda

PS. I will keep you all posted as developments occur.

quite honstly i wouldn't trust them as far as i could kick them

i've read several threads where once the SAR has returned, customers have found additional agreements were done by welcome when they 'asked for lower payments' etc etc.

put your known numbers in AND include a line about and any other agreements under my name etc.

also make SURE you include any old addresses that you might have lived at in your time with them.

dx

and, if there were any insurance policies included, ask for the underwriting sheet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks