PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ian.

Thanks for that, I appreciate this very much indeed.:wink: .

Its knowing who to write to really as its been a few years now (2003) since having a loan from them, so not sure where we stand in this case.

So I assume click are still up and running then ?

Many thanks again.

Di.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiiiiiippppppeeeeeee!!! I have just received a cheque today for £2091.03 (this being ppi premiums I have paid to date). Added to this £5680.05 (actual PPI) plus £2194.91 (PPI interest) to date.

I guess I do feel a sense of victory,. however as Firstplus had not really put up any fight, it does seem a bit hollow. I now move on to Endeavour Personal Finance......awaiting my S.A.R as I have requested......£10 cheque has been cashed.

To all I say ......KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!

congratulations Demtootief,

Big pat on the back a Victory is a Victory all said and done:-D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hiiiiiippppppeeeeeee!!! I have just received a cheque today for £2091.03 (this being ppi premiums I have paid to date). Added to this £5680.05 (actual PPI) plus £2194.91 (PPI interest) to date.

I guess I do feel a sense of victory,. however as Firstplus had not really put up any fight, it does seem a bit hollow. I now move on to Endeavour Personal Finance......awaiting my S.A.R as I have requested......£10 cheque has been cashed.

Wow well done to you.:grin: :grin:

Now onwards and upwards..........:wink: :grin: .

I'm onto Endeavour too but still uncertain who to send the particulars to, such as them or the brokers who arranged this loan which was 'click loans', but may just cover myself by sending the particulars to the 2 of them.:wink: .

Good luck, and all the best with your other claims.

Di.:wink:

Excellent news, :D well done:D shows if you keep at it, it pays off in nice big juicy cheques:D

I agree Keep the faith, never give up, never surrender:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Excellent news for you ... well done!

Stories like this spur us all on to persist with our own claims ... needed that, thanks!!

I would like to donate to CAG as it has helped me immensely. I really do not know how I would have achieved any of hte successes I have had (and they have been a fair few) in teh past were it not for you wonderful people on this Forum. I have had difficulty trying to donate with Paypal in the past and would like to send a cheque or something like that. Can someone advise how and where I should send my cheque.

Keep up the good works all you 'good' people..... it helps to dig people like me out of the severe 'hole of debt' that these financial institutions want to bury us in!!!!

Now on to LLoyds TSB who have just turned down my claim for refund of Credit Card charges..........They must not know how fired up I am!!!!!!!!!

I have had success with Alliance & Leicester PPI.

I hope I am posting this in correct place.

I sent S.A.R. letter 27.2.08, received documents back for the two loans I had previously. 11.3.08 sent letter informing A&L I was mis-sold and wanted full refund off PPI. 27.3.08 received letter from A&L offering me a refund of £1556.76. I accepted this and the cheque goes in the bank today. This money is very much needed to help me settle other debt.

I am really pleased and The Consumer Forum has helped me to get to this result. I will be making a donation to the forum.

I still have to pursue Lloyds TSB, MBNA and GE Money. These are proving difficult I will be needing advice on these and hope The Consumer Forum can help me again when I post my new threads.

Well done to Bobby and takeitalltheway,

Its nice to see successful recovery of Missold PPI:D

Savour the moment8-) and well done to both of you:lol:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...
WON WON WON WON - or as I would say - I WON

A cheque for the full amount (less £55) was received this morning.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/110221-hsbc-goldcard-cardholder-repayment-2.html#post1494098

Excellent news well done SAB:D :D :D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello sundaygirl,

firstly can I mention that your cause will be helped by many people on this site.

You would however be in a better position to help if you could set up your own thread. If it is as you say bank charges then this is the link

Alliance & Leicester from here you can start your own thread and follow other CAGers with similar problems with a and l when you get to the a and l thread you can hit the new thread button or this within the site Thread Starter but only use the thread starter when you get to the a and l area

hope this helps you on the road to reclaim your charges.

You are advised to start a claim now if this is your first claim at least once the claim is lodged on the final outcome that is when you can reclaim your charges from.

good luck:D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well I have successfully reclaimed all my PPI back from Central Capital/FirstPlus after winning my case with the FO, only trouble is I have no idea how much etc as they are stalling with their figures and have told me I will have it when I have it so to say, surely they can't drag it out forever after all the FO has told them to put me back in the financial position I would have been in had I never taken out the PPI. So good news that I won my case but not so good as I am struggling to get my money. Any ideas, the FO Service say that my case is now closed how long should I wait.

Hello twinsmum,

congratulations on your success:D .

I would not wait too long. I would tend to write to them (as the FOS ruling was in your favour) and give them a date telling them if they do not comply by that date in light of the FOS decision you will raise another complaint to as many financial institutions as you can Information Commissioners Office, FSA, FOS (again) OFT and anyone elso who may be able to give them a black mark!

The more complaints against these people the sooner they will face a possible fine and or lose the licence to trade.

I am no legal expert so double check before you proceed. If these greedy people cannot follow the law of the land then they deserve whatever comes their way.

Well done again

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Good news again!!!! I have received an Offer letter from HSBC for PPI totalling £9,921.80 to be paid into an account of my choice as I no longer have an account with them.

Victory again........to those who are contemplating commencing their process, don't be deterred....Let's all keep up the fight.

Hey HellHasNoFury......thanks for all of your help... it was so invaluable.

Hello demtootief,

Big pat on the back:D well done! enjoy the moment:lol:

And a big pat on the back to hhnf a true star helper;-)

Nice result

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

:oops::oops::oops:

Your are so welcome, another great result for you. Do you have any more to go after:grin:

Great news Demtootief :)

A win like that give us all hope!

Can tell us a bit more? How far did it get - did you file your N1? or did they just cave in!

Enjoy your celebrations :D

Edited by Bog

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

To answer 'Hell' first, I am progressing one with Endeavour which is a subsidiary of HSBC, so that one should be a 'piece of cake'.

I had my original Credit Agreement so I did not need to do a SAR. Once I sent the letter requesting the PPI back, they acknowledged the letter and after the first 8 weeks asked for a further 4 weeks to finalise their investigations, which I granted....and then last Friday got the letter. I think I originally started this in February 2008 - so not a bad 3 months worth of work.

Let's keep fighting for our rights!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another victory for us!

First Plus have agreed to refund my PP! :D

Full details here..... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/137511-bog-first-plus-ppi.html#post1535899

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't spotted this thread beforesuccess for me too against cahoot

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/146515-ppi-success-cahoot-abbey.html

Almost won for my friend against Welcome although they are still delaying the inevitable at the moment but they have offered a settlement so should be finalised soon!