PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong thread....:rolleyes:, please has anyone or anyone you know of won a mis selling ppi or unfair rebate claim against Endeavour Personal Finance ? I would love to hear, thanks folks.:wink:

Di.

x

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Just wondered if you had any advice for me, Cardif Pinnacle have refused to pay hubbies claim as he is unable to work due to health problems, ( he is self employed ), it's been going on since feb 2007, inaitally paying 4 months premium then refusing, as his problem was stress related, nothing of the sort, all kinds of other excuses, the latest is recent test came back o.k, he has been refered to a pain clinic to help symptons thus enableing him to eventualy return to work, this was the consultants words ( cardiff pinnacle rquested this consultant to organise a scan etc) he is still under the doctor. This was my second apeal first one accepted in June 2007. I handed details and documented time line to the finance ombudsman October 2007 and a descision should have been made by cardif Pinnacle within 8 week, it wasn't, they requested more information from my GP and so on. Monthly updaes from the ombusmen saying they are still waiting for my case to be assigned to a case worker and apologise for the delay.

I wouldn't mind but G E money said this cover must be takn out for this secured loan. Whats the point if they wont pay when you need financial support. I work full time, but beginning to feel the strain with two teenage boys. Sorry this is so long but it seems never ending and it's not helping healthwise.I feel better hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Sunndee

if i were u i would ask the doctor to make a reference to fibromyalgia/me illness for this to be checked out ,this may be the cause of his stress related illness and if so it is a recognisable illness within both the dwp and other helth dept

hope this helps

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

FBD V Citifinancial - WON!!!!

FBD v Studio - WON!!!!

Hi guys, just letting you know that I after a wee bit of haggling I have managed to claim back my mis-sold PPI with interest from citifinancial!

It only took a few months and I think I sent 4 letters to them - my last one was pay up or I go to FOS - they gave in woohoo!!

I also managed to get all my charges and interest paid back to my studio account meaning my balance with them is now £0!!

I love it when things go right!!

FBD x

:D

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

FBD V Citifinancial - WON!!!!

FBD v Studio - WON!!!!

Hi guys, just letting you know that I after a wee bit of haggling I have managed to claim back my mis-sold PPI with interest from citifinancial!

It only took a few months and I think I sent 4 letters to them - my last one was pay up or I go to FOS - they gave in woohoo!!

I also managed to get all my charges and interest paid back to my studio account meaning my balance with them is now £0!!

I love it when things go right!!

FBD x

:D

Excellent post ...

Would it be possible to see your 4 template letters?

Well done to all that have won their claims, brilliant news.;):D.

To others waiting, I wish you all the very best and keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

And others who have not been successful, I am sorry if this is the case, but hey, keep going as far as you can, keep fighting, keep at them and hopefully you will get through this eventually, I know it can be a long old haul and very frustrating, as I have been in this situation myself, but I will not give up no matter how long it takes.;)

Di.

x

Firstplus - settled

Although this took over a year had letter to confirm refund but first cheque issued was sent to my old address, although all my complaint letters were sent to my new address now awaiting second cheque to be issued, but when i rang up to make sure they were sending it to new address (3rd time) i it still went to old address and the member of staff there was quite rude and seemed to be getting annoyed with me, and i was quite upset when i got off phone. Thank you all so much on this site and i will certainly be donating to it when i get my cheque. Thanks again.

Hey Guys,

Barclaycard today refunded all charges, PPI, Contractual at £27.9%, charges for time spent (10 hours at £9.35 per hour) during the claim and 9 letters sent at £6.95 per letter..Total £525.24 pays all the outstanding balance on the card and some covers my WF court cost:)))))

Over the moon:))

Hi,

Could i have a brief history of how you achieved this please?, im having trouble getting any information about my account at teh moment.

and WELL DONEE

Buttons

Hi - I'm new to CAG - registered last year but didn't use it - now just finding my way around.

Have had some successes though, including a recent win on a PPI claim with the Bank of Scotland.

My wife and I run our own business - I noticed she had a PPI on a BOS preference account - an unsolicited card issued when she took out a loan with BOS. I requested the T & C's from BOS - after much delay on their part it turns out most of the benefits didn't apply if self-employed.

I wrote asking for the premiums to be refunded plus interest. They refused - said my wife had accepted the T & C's. I pointed out their responsibility to check employment status and that they hadn't. They sent the form my wife had signed. The box you tick for PPI was miniscule and they admitted had been "pre-populated" by the bank i.e. they had ticked it!

Open and Shut case really but still had to raise the complaint with the FSA - took six months but they settled last week for the premiums - plus interest - plus simple interest at 8%. It came to £2,500.

Hope this helps

Hi - I'm new to CAG - registered last year but didn't use it - now just finding my way around.

Have had some successes though, including a recent win on a PPI claim with the Bank of Scotland.

My wife and I run our own business - I noticed she had a PPI on a BOS preference account - an unsolicited card issued when she took out a loan with BOS. I requested the T & C's from BOS - after much delay on their part it turns out most of the benefits didn't apply if self-employed.

I wrote asking for the premiums to be refunded plus interest. They refused - said my wife had accepted the T & C's. I pointed out their responsibility to check employment status and that they hadn't. They sent the form my wife had signed. The box you tick for PPI was miniscule and they admitted had been "pre-populated" by the bank i.e. they had ticked it!

Open and Shut case really but still had to raise the complaint with the FSA - took six months but they settled last week for the premiums - plus interest - plus simple interest at 8%. It came to £2,500.

Hope this helps

Brilliant news for you, well done. Shows that if you don't believe a word they tell you and persist and report them:p You get a success:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Well done to Marlow and (SAB again)

All of these successes :D will give hope and assurance to other CAG claimants on their way to reclaiming on the Mis-sold PPI issue.:wink:

Keep up with the fight:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I also got a successful refund of all PPI paid so far on an A&L loan. It took one letter and a phone call. I requested a certain amount and they offered an amount based on interest and simple statutory interest (daily) which turned out to be more! I got about £2,700 reduced from the outstanding balance.

I also got a successful refund of all PPI paid so far on an A&L loan. It took one letter and a phone call. I requested a certain amount and they offered an amount based on interest and simple statutory interest (daily) which turned out to be more! I got about £2,700 reduced from the outstanding balance.

Well Done!

Nice and simple too :grin:

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Deb4TLJ vs A&L PPI - won!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Link below if anyone is interested as there are some darn good letters in there - might be of help to someone else.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/150752-l-ppi.html

"Never annoy a redhead - especially when she's a member of CAG!"

Just had a refund of PPI on a Halifax loan:) They refunded PPI plus interest paid on premiums plus interest at 8%. It was reduced from the outstanding balance of the loan leaving a small amount to pay off which I will be settling at the end of the month:D.

I sent first letter in April asking for refund, then after 3 months of them sending letters saying they are looking into it, I received a letter saying they were in the right but as a valued customer they were prepared to put me in a position had I not taken out the PPI.

Here is a link to my thread:

Halifax Loan PPI

• 2 weeks later...

WON*WON*WON*WON*

Received a letter from the fos this morning informing us that Halifax have offered the following ,as a gesture of goodwill.

A full refind of ppi paid.

interest charged on the premiums during the term of the loan.

additional interest on the premiums paid at 8%.

remove any outstanding payments and interest remaining on the pp.

Now I need some clever people on here to work out for me the amount I should expect to get.

Thank you all for the help and advice given especially HHSF (hell has no fury).You have been an inspiration to me.

As soon a I have refund there will be a contibution made to this forum.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations:D

Well Done and savour the moment.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Cag Members.

I have won....I have won..... WOW....I HAVE WON!!! (shrieking and shouting and dancing):D

I took out a CC from Nationwide in 2003. It was postal application and I ticked the little box for PPI not knowing what it was all about because I thought application would be denied if i did not tick.

Anyway at the time I was a student so I clearly did not need unempoyment cover. Nationwide did not check this nor did they expalin it to me!!

I wrote to them in July 2008 and compained I was misold. They denied that I was misold. So I wrote back to them after doing some research on this site and looking at the Code of General Insurence Standards Coucil.

This morning a letter arrived and they have admitted I have been sold a policy not fit for purpose.....whoopppeee.

They have offered to pay back all my premiums plus 8%

Thank You most sincerely....as soon as I get my hands on my calculator and work out 8% of the premiums I will dontate to CAG

Beachlover

Beachlover & Millie

Recently Employed again:eek:

BUT enjoying the beach8)

hello beachlover,

**Well Done**

Nice to see successes posted up:D

Enjoy

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well done Beachlover - it's a good feeling when you finally get something back....

Don't forget to ask them if they have considered refunding any interest charged on the premiums you paid in addition to the 8% interest - which is solely for depriving you of the money in the first place.. This is what the FOS would appear to be suggesting as part of the settlement.

Well done Tiger!

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)