TRIXIE V Barclaycard

TRIXIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA latter sent begining of last week.... after reading all your threads I included a paragraph telling them not to bother telling me about thie microfiche and they can't get my details as that won't wash and they'll end up in court! Stole some very helpful quotes from you guys - thanks!

Will keep you updated on progress:D

Thanks

Trixie :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

rec'd statements today... only going back to 2004 and the usual rubbish of microfiche not being covered under the DPA. Might leave it at that as I've only had the card a bit longer than that.

Calculated it all it's about £440 so I'm going in for that.

Are Barclaycard going to be more difficult than other companies as I've always found them to be very unhelpful in the past.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

had a reply from my letter asking for my charges back, suprise suprise they need more time. The LBA went this morning on day 15, so I've given them the extention they needed LOL.

Thanks

just opened a letter in reply to my LBA. they have offered me the difference between my claim and the £12 they are saying the OFT say they can charge.

Just wanted to check that I'm ok to go back to them and say no I want it all and see you in court?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trixie

am just about to begin climbing the mountain that you've almost summited. Just wishing you all the luck in the world, hope everything goes your way. Soz cant be more helpful with tips and things, but you seem to be doing well, it's a great inspiration for me not to be bullied by these anymore

Shaz x

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your kind words Shaz, all that lovely money will soon be yours!

I do have a question for the forum, Barclaycard have said they are going to defend the claim, they haven't all of a sudden started to have they? I'm assuming it is just a waiting game now, or is there something I should be doing in prep for it?

Thanks

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I've recieved notification from the court saying B/c are defending my claim for refund of charges and giving me details of their defence... is this something they are doing with everyone?

I suppose I just wait for them to crack don't I? (please say yes LOL)

Thanks

What's the basis of their defence?

Barclaycard: LBA sent 06/09/06 - delaying response on 09/09/06 - reply mailed 20/09/06 - further delaying response 04/10/06 - partial refund 10/10/06 - responding with request for remainder.

Barclays: Preliminary letter mailed 20/09/06 - offer of £600 received 17/10/06 - rejected with modified LBA 19/10/06 - started MCOL process 28/10/06 - AQ filed December - transferred to Mercantile Court 26/01/2007 - Settled in full 02/02/07.

The chances are that they will cave in before the court hearing but you must prepare on the assumption that they will not.

1. You need to know the dates charge amounts and interest you are claiming back.

2. You also should know the sections and Acts that support your claim.

1 you must know to have logded the claim and 2 can be forund on this site.

To echo Sayonara, we would like to know their defence.

Lets live in hope and prepare in case they do, eh?

If you have a claim pending and havent begun to prepare your court papers i suggest you start.

If b/card decide to wait till the day before your due in court to fold you wont have time to prepare and understand everyhitng you need to.

Oh and incidentally it is entirely feasible that they may proceed especially if they get the impression you havent a clue what your up to, ;-)

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Trixie, please keep all your updates and queries on the one thread per claim.

Have you read around other Barclays and B/card cases? I don't think you have. If you had, you would have seen that they ALWAYS acknowledge with intention to defend in full, always go to AQ stage, hearing date set, and right to the last minute before paying up. I can also tell you that when they do try and settle, they will try and get you to either accept part-settlement, or agree to confidentiality, or both...

You should always prepare as if you were going to court anyway. I suggest reading up on other people's stories as a good starting point.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks