WHISTLEBLOWER - Have the banks been lying to us?

Enron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barracad

I trust Modsicon14.gif

Feel a revolt coming on:p

Regards

Dee

Aren't the banks revolting enough for you?

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

BARCLAYS RESPONSE

We are aware that the BBC has conducted an undercover investigation in two of our branches and one call centre. We take all allegations of wrongdoing very seriously; however, although we have requested it we have not yet seen the programme.

Although this means that we are not in a position to comment in any detail, the integrity and honesty of our staff is hugely important to us - it is how we do business. We do not condone behaviour that breaks our policies and procedures. Our first action is always to gather the facts, but we take action where these substantiate improper behaviour.

In any organisation as large and complex as Barclays, there is a risk of isolated cases where things go wrong. When that happens our approach is to act fast and learn for the future. Our number one rule is that no customer suffers financial loss as the result of any wrong doing by an employee. We have a zero tolerance attitude towards fraud, mis-selling or abuse of position for personal gain.

We are acutely aware that trust between ourselves and our customers is the bedrock on which we do business. We will do everything necessary to stamp out anything that undermines that trust.

That said, the vast majority of our 130,000 staff work extremely hard, day in and day out and really care about delivering a great service to their customers.

FRONT LINE STAFF TAKE THE BRUNT AGAIN. THATS ME AN YOU FOLKS. Regardless what job you do, Think about it:confused:

fAT CATS 2 BURN

:p Miew

Dee

geo.gif?source=standard-602-b4tga&georegion=2&country_code=GB&region_code=EN&city=MIDDLESBROUGH&dma=&msa=&pmsa=&areacode=&lat=54.57&long=-1.16&county=&fips=&timezone=GMT&network=&network_type=&throughput=vhigh

I think all the threads on this need to be merged - probably will be the longest thread ever!

yes i think I saw a picture of this site on computer of one of the presenters. As I said I don't think its only Barclays that indulge in high pressure selling of banking products. I posted the new thread because I could not find any info/threads related:-)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.:rolleyes:

Dont really know if this is any use but have just spotted Whistleblower on Virgin TV -Catch up TV on demand - you could watch it again and tape it if you have this.Sure somebody asked.Could be very useful IN ANY ACTION AGAINST BARCLAYS.

Hi spencer1957

Yes I saw the full programe, I have been with Barclays since 1972, and tommorrow we will be parting company.

If anyone reading this is with Barclays watch the whistleblower and join me and withdraw your account!

Hi

I had the same thoughts with my bank ( Nat West if you must know ) when I had 500 quid taken out of my ac a few yeaRS ago. I am still with Nat West because basically I don't see any difference between any of the top banks. A few months ago I was going to change my account I got all the bumf from all the major banks including Barclays- phew) :).

Seriously I think that like in any business 2 or 3 bad apples can spoil the box

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.:rolleyes:

Hello Everyone..

i am new to these forums but from wht i have seen already,it`s rocking!!awesome..

by the way,of course the Banks have been lying to us all the time along with all the other financial isntitutions as it is their job to do so in our Capitalist system!-not that i am a communist!this reminds me of the beginning of the Novel"The Godfather" where it says"BENEATH EVERY VAST FORTUNE,THERE LIES A HUGE SIN"...so don`t get angry,get even!

Tawneyowl - :lol: Any Banking Institute.

Anybody read "the Ragged Trousered Philanthropist"

If not go grab yourself a copy.

Money tight - Go the Library

Read and URM let me know?

Regardsds

Dee

GO ON THE CAG!!!!:-):-):-):lol::lol:

This (edit) has to stop. They banks are not there to be your friend as this program broadcast to the nation shows, purely there to take cash from us all.

Tell EVERYONE you know to go after the cash that the banks have illegally removed!!! I've already got 5 people I know claiming, tell everyone. I've passed on the knowledge to friends, the post office staff as I posted my letters to the bank!, workmates and others. Spread the word.

Oh and a BIG UP to NATWESTSTAFFMEMBER!

DT

PLEASE for the protection of this site do not post anything that may be seen as libelous

:oops: Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen.:razz:

Seriously, these are unlawfull charges, that have caused UNTOLD amount of problems/destitution/suicide YES SUICIDE.

Enough is enough - vote with the mouth not with the feet.

Sorry gals and guys but I do feel a political revolt coming on.

Regards

Dee

See post 28

Lol! LOl! LOL! It just gets better by the day. How can the banks justify their punitive charges now? They are now really transparent. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. When Amanda, the cute little Scots reporter, asked that bigwig in Canary Wharf , Barclays Headquarters, questions about their practices, I could swear I seen her nose growing longer with each question , so long in fact I could have hung out my Sunday washing on it in one go. What excuse now for BOS? The paper and ink up here is dramatically dearer, not to mention the postal charges. Pull the other one!

The cat's oot da bag noo!:p :p :p

Gimee! Gimee! Gimee! ma cash after midnight!

;) Yes Tressel

Not much changed there then:-x

Me off too Peeps a well.

Goodnight all

:p Regards

Dee

(URM still feel a bit political) :confused: ZZZZZ:confused: ZZZZZ:-o

i make a couple of obvious conclusions from this program:

no doubt barclays are not alone in having inside fraudsters.

there is more to this than meets the eye [or totally the other way around...its nothing for them to worry about] they could of very easily stopped this program being broadcast, they didn't.

what was shown in the prog regarding false A/C's etc & questionable staff actions [moneywise] has been going on for years, what has changed now?

i don't think it has anything to do with published profits as the opo's would have been in the field prob 6mts ago. so why now???

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:oops: Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen.:razz:

Seriously, these are unlawfull charges, that have caused UNTOLD amount of problems/destitution/suicide YES SUICIDE.

Enough is enough - vote with the mouth not with the feet.

Sorry gals and guys but I do feel a political revolt coming on.

Regards

Dee

See post 28

Politicians are pretty revolting as well and take more of your money:mad:

albeit within the law?!:rolleyes:

Salutations:p

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete