Scottish girl v LloydTsb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to everyone,

After taking days to read over this site, I have today sent first letter to LloydsTsb, together with list of all charges for last 5 years. The total was 6000 pounds. I am prepared to fight this case fully through the courts. Myself and my husband incurred terrible charges by this bank at a time when we were struggling. Now it has been deemed unfawful I want it back. We have now got ourselves out of debt and we now have some savings. We have decided to use our savings to gain our money back from the bank, even if it means using solicitor.

Here we go......:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lol114 and welcome to the site, small claims up to £750, summary cause up to £1500, OA for above, before deciding on the route to take it may be worthwhile noting that recently some 2nd claims are being thrown out as incompetent (Clydesdale bank) so best to watch the progress of this situation, To avoid this you would need to claim all charges KNOWN at the same time or use an english address to claim from, but only goes to £5000.

Good luck.

All the best, I am in the same boat as you in that my charges were over 7k. I have just sent first letter, as per prev posts.

I am not splitting and will take it all the way if necessary. How long before the banks realise we are all deadly serious.

Will watch and see how you get on.

Jacky

Hi

Thanks to everyone for their support. Taking the first step is not easy. I have sent the first letter from template, as I already had my bank statements, I highlighted the charges, with this I also sent a separate sheet of paper listing the charges (dates, and what for), just to make it perefectly clear to them. As I understand it, I should not ask for interest to be added until the second letter, when the courts are mentioned. I sent it to my local branch which is Paisley, registered post, therefore I have proof. I gave them 14 days and so I will be expecting hear by the 24th (allowing 2 days for transit). Will keep you updated on progress.

Here we go...........

Hi everyone

In response to Bigmacs post. I do believe I would have to persue my claim down the OCroute as I would not be comfortable going down the SC route. Do not want to let bank win on this basis. After reading other posts I discovered it is difficult to find solicitor to take on a case for this cause. However, if after I receive first rejection letter I will have to get busy phoning around. Has anybody else when down OC route yet.

Be interested to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Well, as predicted Lloyds responded to my prelim letter on the 24th March. The letter was from Andover and was the standard - 'we expect our enquiries to be completed within the next two weeks but we will try to get our resonse to you sooner if we can'.

I have today sent my LBA regardless of what they have promised, so I should receive a response around about the 7th.

I will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am completely gobsmacked! I sent my Lba on the 26th March and expected to wait to the death for a reply. However, today I received an offer from Andover Recovery centre ( Abrahim Gullu- signed it) of £750 as full and final settlement. Now, just to check with you guys, I am going to accept partial offer but inform them that I will be persuing the Balance of £5100. I am going to now make a claim through the FOS and I would be grateful for any advice in filling out the form, has anybody completed this form. I am worried as although this site in fantastic in holding your hand through court procedure, I would be grateful for a hand to hold going through the FOS.

Much obliged

Linda

Hi Linda i have filled the form out and it really is straightforward enough, any problems give me a shout.

In regards to the full and final offer please be carefull as encashment of the cheque will be seen as acceptance unless otherwise stated from the bank.

George

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Hi Linda,

I have been reading your post and I would definately not take their offer of £750.00. I have had 2 court cases with Lloyds and in all that time I was never offered a penny but what I did get was nothing but grief. I found their lawyers to be the most unscrupulous bunch of twits that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I personally think that they will try and say that you have accepted their offer as a full and final settlement. Even after Lloyds lawyers put the money into my account, the branch still did not want to pay me out. I was in their branch until 5.15. on a Friday night demanding my money. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

I am only saying what I would do but obviously it is up to you what you do, but be careful of them.

Eileen

Hi

Thanks BigMac for your prompt reply, I have looked over the FOS form and I think I will be okay. I have also looked again at the link you provided for Rejecting offers and I believe I should be sending them Letter 3, which I will be posting on Tuesday, (recorded delivery, of course).

Eileen

Thanks for your words of caution. I am going to send them Letter 3, which outrightly rejects their offer. I hate the fact that they have treated you like this, and it makes me more determined to get my money back.

Best Wishes

Linda

Great decision Linda and let me know how you get on, my complaint took roughly 2 weeks before i got a reply which said they are passing to an investigation team, will take some time but i honestly feel this route is the best to take at the mo.

George

Hi Linda,

I know what you mean about the way they treat us, but what made my day was that when I was in the bank it was a Friday afternoon, the bank was closed with only little me waiting for my money, the woman who was serving me kept going into the back and talking to the manager, coming back out to me and saying I would have to come back on Monday. No way. Your lawyers put the money into my account and I want my money. Nobody could leave until I did and they where obviously going out that night because they where going around with a card saying sorry you are leaving.

Unfortunately I was determined to get my money over £2,000 and my perserverance paid off.

I think that I was probably the talk of the bank that night. Imagine holding them up on their drinking time.

I must say that I was smiling when I left the bank.

I just wish that I had went in earlier and kicked up a stink about them not giving me my money. I do know some reporters and I would have liked to have phoned them to do a story on how the banks still do not like to give you even after 2 decrees.

Eileen

Hi

Sorry to be a right royal pain, but when you are complaining to the FOS should you also claim the 8% interest or just the charges amount. I'm sorry to ask this but I'm sure I have read some threads that say you dont ask for the interest as the FOS may ask for compensation on your case and then I have read others that say claim the 8%. I just want to be sure. Another question, for anyone that has completed the FOS form - in the box that says 'please give any other details that you think will help us understand your compliant' What should I put in this box? I was going to state that due to these unlawful charges being applied to my account that I began to default on other financial commitments ie: Mortgage, credit cards etc.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Linda it takes roughly 3/4 weeks before they send you a confirmation which will also tell you it is being passed to an investigation team and what team. You will be given a reference number which you quote when calling to find out what stage they are at.

When you get the confirmation it is at that point they ask for the bank to send your files to them, when the files are recieved the FOS then decide what action to take if any and write to inform you of their findings, the bank in my case have taken 4 weeks so far and havent sent my files as yet.

It isnt a quick process but neither is court, hope this helps.

Hi all

I have completed and sent my complaint form to the FOS, just wondering how long it takes them to get back to you, anyone know?

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda I'm going down the FOS route and sent my completed form and alot of letters and a complete background of the claim (that'll keep them reading for a while) and got confirmation from them within a week that it has been passed to an investigation team for allocation so it may not be too long before you hear from them. My claim is agains BOS and is for just under £2000 so we'll see what happens. Good luck:D

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I'd let you know that I recieved this letter from Lloyds today, a month after I refused their goodwill gesture and told them I would be persuing a claim through FOS:

Dear Miss Lol114

Thankyou for your letter dated 18th April 2007. I am sorry that you've not been happy with our response so far.

I am unable to add to our letter dated 29th March. This is because we have already outlined our position on the points you raised.

I know that you do not wish to accept our offer, but this is a gesture of goodwill and does not affect your right to take further action. I also want to let you know that the amount we've offered you is the maximum we are able to award.

If you do decide to take further action, and are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money.

Thankyou once again for taking time to raise your conscerns with us.

Customer Service Centre Andover

Well! whats that all about? Anybody else had a letter like this.

Linda

Hi

Just thought I'd let you know that I recieved this letter from Lloyds today, a month after I refused their goodwill gesture and told them I would be persuing a claim through FOS:

Dear Miss Lol114

Thankyou for your letter dated 18th April 2007. I am sorry that you've not been happy with our response so far.

I am unable to add to our letter dated 29th March. This is because we have already outlined our position on the points you raised.

I know that you do not wish to accept our offer, but this is a gesture of goodwill and does not affect your right to take further action. I also want to let you know that the amount we've offered you is the maximum we are able to award.

If you do decide to take further action, and are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money.

Thankyou once again for taking time to raise your conscerns with us.

Customer Service Centre Andover

Well! whats that all about? Anybody else had a letter like this.

Linda

Sorry Linda haven't had that one before, have they made you an offer and paid it into your account?

William

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

Hi Bigmac

Yes, they offered £750 and paid it into my account nearly 5 weeks ago, wrote to them refusing it and telling them that I would now be going to FOS. I think your right, this letter upon reading it seemed like a creepy suck-up letter for someones benefit, definitely not mine! Should I let the FOS have this letter now as part of my file?

Linda

Hi Everyone,

Just to keep you informed, received a letter from FOS yesterday telling me that they had written to my bank asking several questions, one of them being, how were these charges calculated. They said they would let me know if they received any correspondence from Lloyds. I telephoned the FOS the other day and they guy there said to expect and offer. So hopefully it wont be to long now, I know Lloyds drag everything out regarding court matters, but I'm not sure how they are when dealing with the FOS, just have to wait and see.

Linda