Contravening Red Traffic Light (camera) -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest ArthurP
Have you looked at the title of this thread:D:o

This fine is from a camera and not for speeding

In that case don't jump red.:???:

I'm sick of visiting sites where the subject of getting caught speeding, jumping red lights, parking tickets etc etc always rear their head and those caught whinge on and on.

Simple advice:

1 When a traffic light is red you must stop.

2 Park on double yellow and you might get booked

3 If a sign says 30, 40, 50 etc then just drive around that figure!

What is so difficult to understand?:mad::???:

Jumping a red light can be classed as driving without due care and attention.

If a vehicle was parked in such a way as to block the traffic light, then caution should have been shown when using the junction.

Normally, there are lights on both sides of the junction, one on the nearside and one on the offside.

Putting it this way. This could have been a pedestrian crossing and a child might have been using the crossing. Nuff said.

At the end of the day, he says he was caught, on camera, jumping the red light and has admitted it. There should be no further comment on this thread. Accept the fine and the points and more importantly think about his actions and don't do it again.

I wouldn't want to receive a visit from the police saying my daughter has been killed by a motorist jumping a red light.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Guest ArthurP

I have to agree with Boris too but I understand Robert is looking out for a friend of his which is admirable.

However, I have personal experience of the effects of speedsters and it is devastating.

What speedo's always seem to forget is that the heavy handed use of the law, camera's, etc is down to them. If these people were more responsible there wouldn't be a need for this situation on our roads.

That is why we all have to suffer and why we read of people with excellent driving records being done for minor transgressions.

Guest louis wu

I'm afrid I'm with boris and arthur.

Been to too many accidents/fatalities due to red light jumpers...and a lot of them were caused by 'good blokes'. These errors/mistakes/one offs...whatever you want to call can literally wreck a life. In my opinion, a small fine and a few points are a pitiful punishment.

Sorry Robert, not having a go at you, but if you done my job perhaps you would have a different opinion.

If you cannot obey the laws of the road, then as far as I'm concerned you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Louis

ps. just info, driving through a red light to make room for an emergency vehicle does not constitute a defence in law. In my opinion it's wrong, but its the case.

right..... sooooo could you suggest anything??? Should he ask for proof? evidence like photos etc?

The Police will not provide (nor are they obliged to provide) any evidence without this matter being taken to court and a plea of not guilty being entered.

Do you know why and under what circumstances he ran the light?

Simple advice:

1 When a traffic light is red you must stop.

2 Park on double yellow and you might get booked

3 If a sign says 30, 40, 50 etc then just drive around that figure!

What is so difficult to understand?:mad::???:

The facts that:

a) the authorities often fail to implement restrictions on a proper manner - making them void - this doesn't stop them trying to enforce them, and

b) motorists are expected to obey the law. However, this cuts both ways and the authorities are also bound by the law. If they wish to prosecute a driver for an offence, they must obey the law in carrying out that prosecution.

I would be the first to agree about red light offences (and you will see this condemnation on Pepipoo) but for the others, the authorities concerned make so many mistakes in implementation and enforcement and then arrogantly assert that this doesn't matter.

Pepipoo isn't about 'loopholes' and 'getting off'. It is about making sure that those who would seek to enforce the law are themselves acting within the law.

just info, driving through a red light to make room for an emergency vehicle does not constitute a defence in law. In my opinion it's wrong, but its the case.

Absolutely right. Under English law a vehicle with 'blues and twos' has no right of way. It is simply alerting other drivers to its presence and requesting the courtesy of precedence. An emergency vehicle behind you is not a valid reason to cross a red light (unless it is a Police vehicle and the driver waves you forward - the directions of a constable legally override the red light)

Well, the age old debate :) all I will say on it, and all I will ever say, is that you would never get a fine from a camera if you didnt speed...

Not entirely true. ;-)

A friend of mine had a VW beetle (not the fastest car on the road, I'm sure you will agree). She was 'caught' doing 467 miles per hour in a 30mph limit.

The car can barely reach 45mph, and she was not driving over 30mph!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------