Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we have no control whatsoever over the spreadsheets posted by VAMPIRESS. However, CAG spreadsheets are available and linked from page one of this thread - or via the Bank Template Library.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm trying to figure out how to use the advanced spreadsheet to get my charges back from barclaycard with penalty charge interest.

There are a couple of things i need someone to point out for me:

1) Column I, the 'Amount Paid' - i get that from the next months statement, yes? And if i paid nothing, i assume i enter a zero?

2) In the sample data in the spreadsheet, under column G 'Interest Charged' it has a flate rate of 12.50 for every row. I'm trying to figure out what interest i enter for this cell from my statements, as it mentions interest in a few places:

* purchase interest

* "interest on your standard balance"

* "interest on your cash balance"

* "next months estimated interest"

I think i need to enter the purchase interest in column G. But is it normal for this to change - from 2002 to 2004 it's 1.385, then from 2004 onwards it's 1.456 and in the most recent statements 1.527. I assume i update the cell whenever this interest increases? Or do i enter the £ amount of interest charged?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Hi - Not sure if anyone can help but here it goes - I downloaded the spreadsheets (advanced) and for the most everything works - however I have noticed that as I am dragging down the formula, the further time elapses, that for whatever reason, the formula wasnt calculating anymore - i know it doesnt make much sense, but i was wondering if anyone knew, or had similar problems....? Secondly, i realize the calcualtions are meant to figure out what portion of the overdraft is interest, what happens when interest rate charges go up....is this reflected in the calculations?

Can anyone help?

Hello

I'm still hoping someone can help with some answers to my post 2 up - waiting to fill out the complex spreadsheet but still don't understand what interest to use - some posts say to enter 27.9%, but i don't see that on my statements anywhere. And i'm still not sure whether to enter a percentage value, or the £ value. If it's the £ value - do i need to enter them both (i get charged interest in my statements twice: interest on standard balance @ 1.385%, and interest on cash balance at 1.462%)?

Please help! :confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm a little stumped if someone can offer some guidance here...I have read through the documentation pertaining to credit card charges and interest levied on those charges - I have downloaded the advanced spreadsheet but I am still at a loss as to what information to enter.

1. Do I enter each statement concurrently I have regardless of charges? So Jan, Feb, Mar, etc?

2. What do I enter as the statement balance? I understand from the documentation that I do not enter the balance from last statement but what do I enter? The entire balance of the given statement?

3. If I didn’t pay anything in a given month I enter zero, however if I paid something on the Jan statement but it won’t show until Feb as a credit do I enter it as amount paid in Jan? Or Feb?

• 4 months later...

This thread appears to have died, is there a reason?I'm trying to use the Credit Card England Advanced spreadsheet but like other previous posters I'm confused as to what figures to enter.I can see that there are some spurios pieces of data in the template that need to be removed before using it .But is there anyone on the site who really knows howe to use it?

tilderdon,

you literally put in the figures as they are in each statement. there are notes in the spreadsheet itself.

then when you send your letter before action to the credit card company you request repayment of penalty charged + interest on penalties.

if they refuse to pay this, when you apply to court you add on the interest in the 8% interest section. hope that helps.

Thanks Essential I have successfully used the Bank Charges Advanced Spreadsheet but I have five figures on my Credit Card Statement - Previous Balance, Payments, Spending, Interest and New Balance which of these figures do i actually use. And can anyone tell me how to get the formatting to work in this editor

there are only six columns you need to fill in.

statement date - obvious

detail of penalty eg late payment charge / over limit charge

penalty charged eg £20 £25

interest charged, which you have

statement balance, which you have as new balance

amount paid, which is payments

thats it. the spreadsheet does the rest. i hope that helps.

Sorry Essential

I really don't see how this works unless you include a penalty charge entry of zero for each statement that has no penalty charges

You are paying interest on the previous charges in every month - assuming you are still in debt and there isn't any date/value look up as in the Bank charges spreadsheet

I maybe thick but i need some convincing

tilerdon, yes that is correct. you will need to enter even those months which you did not have a payment for. this is because the spreadsheet needs to calculate how much of the interest is still due to previous charges which have not been fully paid off yet.

i feel i should say, you honestly do not need to fully understand how the spreadsheet works to claim the money back. i can assure you that as long as you enter the information i have told you to put it, the spreadsheet will calculate the correct figures for you.

then all you need to do is to write the credit card company the letter before action, ask for the interest charged total (yellow box at the top), interest on penalties total (yellow box at the top again). if they dont respond within the allocated period, you add the 8% interest.

fill in a few rows and you may start understanding how the spreadsheet works. i remember thinking it was overly complicated but it really isn't. try filling in some of it and i think you will feel a bit more confident.

hi all

sorry if im in the wrong post but it looks like the right place

i have just filled out the complex spreadsheet

its great i have no idea how it works but it does

my problem is this

having just spent 2 hours putting in all my charges interest, balance etc

i had also put in miss sold ppi then i found out it would be a seperate claim so would need to be done on its own spreadsheet

which is fine

but is it going to be the same template or is there one for ppi claim

thankyou in advance for any advice

DH

again sorry if i am barging in on the post

advanced credit card england spreadsheet:

"Column I, AMOUNT PAID, should be the amount paid in respect of the balance, not the amount shown on the statement in respect of the previous month"

eh?

:-x

also if i enter the amount i have credited my account by into the 'amount paid' column, the spreadsheet deducts that figure from the amount i entered in the 'statement balance' column. The spreadsheet then presumes the result of this simple sum to be the new balance, but there are other transactions taking place on the account such as spending and credits not entered into the s/s. So the amount in remaining balance is never correct! - I have left the 'amount paid' column blank and this seems to result in a more reasonable result.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, this is what i think i should be doing with the interest spredsheet, could someone tell me if i'm doing it right.

For example i have a charge in June so for the statement balance i would take the balance from mays statement then what i had paid against Junes balance from julys statement is this right?

Also if i dont pay that month do i just leave it 00.00?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I can see that lots of questions regarding this calculations!!!!!! and, I may have one :confused:

Does anibody notice that the England - Simple - Excel/Bank Accounts isthe same as England - Simple - Excel/Credit Cards?:cool:

I hope this is not a big mistake, cos you know guys we dont have a sort code and bank account on a credit card. Is just the credit card number.

Thanks

Give a man a gun and he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he'll rob everyone!

The Bank:

An institution, where you can borrow money if you can present sufficient evidence, to prove that you don't need it !!!

The Banker:

A man, who will lend you an umbrella, but want it back as soon as it will start to rain !!!

• 1 month later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks