Which Bank is digging in deepest?

nicsussex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I find the poll on bank charges refunded fascinating and appreciate that it can never be totally up to date.

However whilst scrolling through the litigation/litigation concluded sections I think there are some case that are dragging on much further than others - is there a pattern emerging here about which of the banks is dargging things out the longest?

I have my suscpisions - but would love to hear comments.

From experience I know that HSBC are taking it to the very edge...unless your claim is very small you should not expect an offer of settlement until you have raised your court claim. I'm not quite certain what their unwritten threshold is, but suspect it is definitely less than £1K.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for prompt reply - my concern is with LTSB - seem to be many earlier litigation in process entries - not so many concluded - appreciate that this also can be totally up to date - but there does seem to be a bit of a trend emerging.

Would appreciate anyones input.

*You can use your edit button - but I did it for you:)*

I would say Nastywest are toughest so far. Barclays not far behind unless they are getting gagging restrictions as the barclays threads seem to go quiet towards the end of claim deadlines.

I have both running and am seeing just how long they will hold their nerve.;)

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Cap One although a pain in the bum seem to be giving partial refunds quite early on in the proceedings. Also, settling the full balance reasonably quickly as well compared to others. OH has so far had £40 back at Prelim stage and we are awaiting a cheque for £100 from LBA stage.

From what I have been reading on the Barclays board, they are really taking it down to the wire. Though its hard to know what is going on as the previous poster said, it all seems to go rather quiet as soon as cases are filed. At the end of the day, I am not prepared to sign any sort of gagging order, they can whistle for it. If they want to go to court, then thats cool with me.

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks