Claiming back charges where do i start?!

tyshamitdeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Providing you file on line and in case you are not aware send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thank you Guido T so you are saying i should claim online and send my schedule of charges with that letter? do i need a copy though of my claim that i fill in online?

I take it i get a claim number as soon as i have filled in the form on MCOL so that i can put it in the top of the letter

Ive been reading apparently you can save and print out your claim online my question now is when i have to put in lloyds address on MCOL which address do i use for that (where it asks you the defendants address)

Thank you

Nearly forgot the important question i need to ask! how do i work out the 8% interest? is that 8% on the whole total amount in my case £1774

Post 78 spot on and should keep a copy of everything.

This is probably the spreadsheet you have located to calculate interest:

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

It maybe the you do not have Excel on your computer, if you have access to another computer then try opening on that or alternatively try this, allthough not recommended and cumbersome:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thank you again Guido T Yes that is the spreadsheet i tried to get but it takes me to microsoft's website i thought i had excel on here could be wrong tho! can i use that other link you have given me to get the 8% interest if i just type in the date of the first charge and the last charge? i cant understand how it can work it out just by giving those two dates?

Thank you

Use the on-line calculator here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,#interest

1 You can't save it,so when you have entered all your charges print off several copies.

2. You can't enter the type of charge, so you must do this by hand on the printout.

3. Since you can't save it and therefore update the interest, do it as close to the date you file as possible.

Ok 2 questions first i started to put in the charges in the link that michael gave me and it says that on £60 of charges the calculator works it out that it is £19 of interest just on £60 is that right????? is this 8%?

Also i cant see how im going to do this anyway because i havent got a printer? i was going to copy the list of interest and paste it into an email for a friend to print out but when i gave it a try it dont really come out right in the email?????

Any advice?

Thank you

the calculator works it out that it is £19 of interest just on £60 is that right????? is this 8%?

Depends when the charge dates from. 8% on a £60 charge from around May 2003 would be about £19

i was going to copy the list of interest and paste it into an email for a friend to print out but when i gave it a try it dont really come out right in the email?????
Type them into a Word document then email that file as an attachment.

Depends when the charge dates from. 8% on a £60 charge from around May 2003 would be about £19

Type them into a Word document then email that file as an attachment.

Yes thats right michael my first charge of £60 was in feb 2003 that explains that thank you!

Now i havent got a clue how to type them into a word document?! do you mean i can get a blank document from microsoft works and email it that way? but how do i do the layout of it?

Hi All

Ok ive worked out using the calculator link that micheal gave me what the 8% interest is on each charge and wrote it down because seeing as i cant print them off i will need to put it onto a blank document i take it? i am still not sure weather to file online or fill out a N1 from the court?

This is still all really confusing??!!!!! any advice?

Thank you!

I also managed to find out the year i opened the account it was 1997

Hi

It is probably a better idea to file directly at the court anyway as you can adequately particularise your POCS and you can include your schedule of charges. The N1 form is on this site in the Bank Templates Library and you can complete the form and send to the courts. Plus it will be all typed up then and look a lot more professional.

Neil

I WON £530 - See how Here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/65986-neil-lloyds-tsb.html

If i have been helpful, please click my scales (bottom left!)

Hi All

Another question as micheal said i should work out the 8% as close to the date i file which isnt going to be till after easter now it will be sometime next week but as ive just been on the calculator link to work it out one of the figures came out as £3.6 what is that?????

Thank you!