Claiming back charges where do i start?!

tyshamitdeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am finally waiting this week to see if I get my statments back from the bank llodysTSB there 40 days are up this week ,so I might need to ask for help in filling out the spead sheets

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

377414 - Best to start your own thread as here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/13182-how-make-posts-please.html

Once you have your own thread we can follow your progress and we will help you along the way when you have questions.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi guys

Another update not that theres much to say im still waiting for a reply to my perlim letter i sent off but from reading others posts this is normal for lloyds to drag their feet! they have until tomorrow then i shall send off the LBA

Regards

Debbie

Hi Guys

Im just in the process of typing out the LBA letter to lloyds and have a question since my perlim letter they have taken out more charges do i include that in the LBA letter or wait for the court stage?

Many thanks

Reading back on here i see lucid has said i add it in the LBA letter

Thanks

Hi guys

Got a question that ive just been thinking about what is the usual response you get when you send the LBA? because i know that it can be different for different people I hope it doesnt go as far as me having to put a claim in at the court but im well aware that im probably going to have to knowing them! but i cant really afford to pay the £100 as im only working part time and i know you get it back when lloyds lose! i would just rather not have to pay it out in the first place though!

Thank you

You either go no response, or as good as no response with nonsense words that say we are right, you are wrong, therefore no refund of charges.

With Lloyds you nearly always have to commence proceedings. However, they have been refunding as a goodwill gesture £750 lately (irrespective of the value of your claim lately). Hopefully they will give you a refund so that you have funds for the court fee.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

hi ive just started a claim with ltsb for 939 in charges since 2002

its not much but because of these charges i had an overdraft of 1500 (student account) which has increased to 1900 with charges being added, dispite me paying about 300 off it already.

i have an agreement at present to pay 30 a month to reduce the overdraft if i do get the charges back or should i say when, have they got the right to take the money to pay off my overdraft.

i have sent my first letter reqesting them back and have received a letter saying it has been passed to customer care they have 1 week left to respond. if i done get a further responce by then do i just continue with the LAB?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Im off to work soon but i just wanted to quickly let you know that i got a response this morning from lloyds and i can't belive the cheek (well i can actually) they said the usual i am sorry your still not happy blah blah blah they are offering as a good will gesture £135 and waivered the charges that were due to come out of my account of £135 on the 1st of march those were not included in the £1774 so really out of the £1774 they have only offered me £135!!!!!!!! they also finished the letter by saying this is their final response so i guess the next stage is making a claim now online i really didnt want to have to do this and would have accepted half of my money but i feel they are taking the p**s with that offer so i have no choice any advice at this stage would very much be greatly appreciated

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Have a look at the following link for details of letters you can send about the "Goodwill Gesture":

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Time to start the Court Claim I think!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi

Thank you for your reply barty i am a little confused because i sent the LBA letter on the 22nd so they would of got it the next day and which would of given them untill the 15th of march to reply but i received this response letter today from them and it is dated the 22nd?????? so i am confused!!!!!!! do you think this is the response from the LBA??? because it does say at the end of the letter this is their final response? Also how much does it cost to file a claim a £100? because i dont have that money (not unless they pay me the £135 they said they would) untill the end of the month how long have you got to put a claim in?

Thank you

From a stressed debbie!

Edited to add ive looked at the letter again and it is not a full and final settlement offer because it does not state that but it does say this is the banks final response so looking at the link you gave me barty i dont know which letter to send them!

i would suggest that the letter you recieved was more likely to be from you intial letter asking for the money back, i had the same, it can be a little confusing keeping track, but if you didnt send off LBA until 22nd then theres no way they would of got this back to you as they would not of recieved it until at least the 23/24.

as for the claim, once your 14 days are up on the LBA, then you can issue the claim online, i understand that you may not have the money at present to file the claim, but you will get it back, plus all the outstanding charges they have taken from you.

Please Note

Advice & opinions of sharman24 are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Thank you sharman24 it does seem strange that the letter is dated 22nd but i didnt recieve it till today should i continue to leave it till the 15th when the deadline to the LBA is up and then send rejection letter? or should i straightaway send a rejection letter to the offer i got today of £135?

Thank you

I'm new to all this - I'm about to claim back a similar amount from Lloyds TSB with interest at 8% APR. I'm happy to go to court as a last resort because LLoyds TSB wouldn't hesitate to do the same to me.... In one month they took over £300 off me - I didn't feel that I could take the bank on by myself so I never really challenged the charges before. :-|

I'm giving the bank 14 days to pay or I'll take them to court which I will if I have to. ...and I'll be claiming costs.

I used the internet banking site to download my charges from 2002 but found that I couldn't apply formulas and formats to numbers and dates so I had cut and paste from the statements. Has anyone else had this problem?

I dare say it'll be worth spending that Saturday morning number crunching when I get the money back...and if Lloyds TSB play up I'll go back the full 6 years and look for more interest. I just hope that the black horse doesn't turn out to be stubborn old donkey!;)

Hi barty thank you i was wondering what rejection letter to send out of the ones in the link you gave me i was going to send letter 4 because it is not a full and final settlement offer? letter number 4 gives them another 10 days to refund me the full amount but in that letter it says about sending the £135 back to them which confused me?! do you have to send the good will gesture offer back to them? but also i havent got the £135 from them yet?

Ann number i would start a thread that relates more to your case so people can offer advice to you good luck with your claim!

Hi

I would send letter 4, change the wording to "goodwill gesture" or whatever they have called it in their letter. Maybe wait until they have credited your account with the money then send the letter. They won't take it back out of your account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Thank you barty il do that but aaaahhhhh!!!!! im so pi**ed off with lloyds had my statement this morning their charging me £60 for overdraft excess fees! i dont remember going overdrawn this month ive been good and kept an eye on my account if i did it was only something like 50p!!!!! can anyone recommend a good bank to open a basic account with my friend said try nationwide thats who shes with but my credit rating is not great so i know i wont get one with a cheque book/overdraft etc but i just want one so that my wages can go in and have direct debits

Thank you

How do you put the smilies in your post by the way?

Hi

Try a Natwest Step account, it's a basic one but you do get a Solo Debit card, and it's great if you have a poor credit rating.

The smilies are on the right hand-side when you click on reply to thread.

Hi guys

Still no sign of the £135 put in my bank account im now thinking (as tomorrrow is the deadline for LBA) that i should just send off the rejection letter giving them a further 10 days to give me all of my money back or if they dont i start court proceedings

Debbie

Hi guys

Still no sign of the £135 put in my bank account im now thinking (as tomorrow is the deadline for the LBA) that i should just send off the rejection letter giving them a further 10 days to give me all of my money back or if they dont i start court proceedings

Debbie

Hi guys

I am on the telephone to lloyds as i type trying to find out why they have still not credited my account with £135 they said they would 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

Just got off the phone they were no help at all!!!!!! the lady was nice though and tried to ring the number on the letter i have (recovery centre in hampshire) and i told her ive tried it and its always engaged she left me waiting and guess what?? she came back and said it was engaged and all she could say was keep trying! i said i cant sit around all day ringing this number! going to go into my local branch later and see if i have much luck there! all i can say is f****g lloyds!!!!!!! really p****g me off now! all this is doing though is making me more determined to get ALL my money back! rant over now

Debbie