UKPC DCBL - PCN 2019 - now claimform - McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I say, don't get your hopes up.  But nothing ventured ...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I take it no help from either local or national McDonald's?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

This was the last email i got from apparent ceo assistant.

"Thank you for getting back in touch and I certainly understand your disappointment.

I can confirm that restaurant team have looked into this further with UKPC, who informed us that this charge has gone too far for them to unfortunately be able to assist with this.

Please also be advised that it is motorists legal responsibility to update their details with DVLA when moving address.

I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. I regret that when a parking contravention has occurred, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis, however, if you do wish to pursue the matter, this will need to be done by following the appeals process outlined on the parking ticket.

As a further action after this point, you could contact POPLA, who are an independent body who rule on such matters. They can be contacted via www.popla.co.uk

Thank you for contacting us again and I am, sorry that I can be of no further assistance to you."

What a disgrace McDonald's are.

At least you tried.

wanna bet!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

eh? so how come you've had atleast one CCJ for a parking charge already...:crazy:

there is no min limit to a small claim.. just a max of £10k

think you are getting confused with the use of high court enforcement officers upon judgements , they must be +£600

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well he needs to be corrected..

no private parking company ever goes back to the dvla again nor anywhere else to check if a person that has received a private parking ticket is still at the cars registered address and has not moved since the issuance of a ticket before they begin further actions.

and parking at macdonalds outside of any terms and conditions, never can be and has never been  ILLEGAL.. parking was decriminalised decades ago , and these are mere civil matters anyway not a criminal matter .... unlawful at best.

your best bet is to prove the time limit is unlawful, and has not been approved by the council, which it must be under planning laws as id expect the retail park as a whole in the original planning either mentioned zilch about parking or 3hrs or better .. NOONE can change that without authorisation from the council planning dept.

but we're 5 pages and 120 posts in 

so i'd hope that has already been addressed and answered.

trouble with your threads mk1/mk123 is 90% of posts are wasting peoples time correcting or teaching you with little real information needed to help you being exchanged.

and they

I was going to suggest you write to Trust Pilot and put in a strong complaint about the MacDonalds branch. However so many people have already complained giving them one star without a single management response from Maccys apologising or trying to make amends. So probably not worth it unless you compain to TP then write to Maccys telling them what you have done and see if they come back to you.

So write a bad review then show McDonald’s and ask them to stand up? 
I’ve emailed her back with points made above but where it will go I’m not sure. 
Ive had no other correspondence in post about this from them lot. This manager needs to step up! 
Maybe go to area managers? 

Sorry Mrk I thought you were writing to Haead Office.  Try a polite letter to the CEO saying that the four of you enjoyed your time there and you are sure that it is not MacDonald's wishes that genuine customers are penalised especially when they are spending more money by staying longer. Remember you are trying to get him to quash the ticket.

CEO 

Alistair.Macrow@uk.mcd.com

On 17/01/2023 at 17:15, mrk1 said:

Anything else I can go back to this McDonald’s manager with?!

Well done on all the effort you're putting in.

If you've tried the local manager and the CEO I think that's it.  They obviously have a company policy of washing their hands of parking matters.  I could write what I think of this attitude but the site would censor me.

However ...

dx's idea ...

I see on your other thread you very quickly looked up planning permission - or lack of.

Do the same for the McDonald's.

The fleecers are very unlikely to have bothered with PP, as when they got the contract they didn't want to wait for legal niceties they wanted to get straight on with fleecing, and lack of PP is a criminal offence. 

Once you know, you could threaten McDonald's with shopping them for criminal behaviour.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC/DCBL 2019 PCN McDonald’s restaurant. GELDERD road leeds

the complete address is

McDonald's - Fast food restaurant
Business Park
Centre 27
Gelderd Rd
Leeds WF17 9TB

WWW.CENTRE27.CO.UK

Centre 27 Retail Park is a proposed retail development located at the intersection of the M62 and M621 Motorways in the Birstall area of Leeds.

so go search for the initial planning permission re parking for the Leeds council website?

dx

• Like 1

and they

This will only get me to the same first manager who was least helpful in the first place?

I got a reply from ceo assistant or whatever her role is..

"Dear 

Thank you for getting back in touch.

As a company, putting in place enforcements within our car parks is only done after careful consideration and very much as a last resort. Primarily, we use parking measures to ensure there are spaces available for our customers’ vehicles, as well as to deter unwarranted or unreasonably prolonged usage of the facility.

I trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place regardless of whether you were in the restaurant for the duration of the stay or not. As such, in a situation such as a clear contravention of parking regulations, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis. Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.

Please be advised that restaurant team have contacted the parking company to try and assist, however due to the fact the charge is from 2019, they were, unfortunately, unable to do anything about it. I apologise for any disappointment this might cause.

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment."

I replied saying the power lays with her and Mcdonalds... Not them (parking fleecers).

On 18/01/2023 at 00:05, dx100uk said:

the complete address is

McDonald's - Fast food restaurant
Business Park
Centre 27
Gelderd Rd
Leeds WF17 9TB

WWW.CENTRE27.CO.UK

Centre 27 Retail Park is a proposed retail development located at the intersection of the M62 and M621 Motorways in the Birstall area of Leeds.

so go search for the initial planning permission re parking for the Leeds council website?

dx

Nothing coming up for that post code....

But a lot for gelderd Road... Nothing in post code tho???

I have searched all 5 pages for 'gelderd road' and there is nothing about parking or signs..

And zero on the post code.

Does this mean they have not applied for parking permits?

I don't know if it will help with the CEO assistant as they seem to have a script they're reading from. I expect the guys here will comment though.

Lack of PP is certainly something you would show the court in your argument against UKPC.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC/DCBL 2019 PCN PAPLOC McDonald’s restaurant. GELDERD road leeds

I would write a short mail to both the local manager and the CEO's assistant and say that you have checked with XXXXX Council and found out that no planning permission has been granted either for the parking signs or for the reduction in the free parking period to 90 minutes.  This is a criminal offence under the Road Traffic Acts 1962 and 1991.  The parking company have either lied to McDonald's about planning permission being granted or McDonald's have not bothered to even check.  In any case, on Monday you will be informing the Enforcement Office of XXXXX Council.

This will heavily hint to them that they had better get their act together by the end of the week.

I doubt it'll work - but worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi-

Got a letter from  dcbl  "notice of intended legal action" for this illegal car parking notice I was given.

They are threatening with court / ccj..

What should I do here? The managers at mcdonalds are not complying! 

Date of letter 27th Jan.